Biotin

Related Terms: Minoxidil, Hair Loss, Hairfall, Control Hair Loss, Male Pattern Baldness, Hair Care, Androgenetic Alopecia

How can I remain fertile for a longer period?
Query: Hi doctor, I have so many issues to discuss with you. Let me explain you one by one. Even though my scalp is very oily, the upper surface of the hair becomes quickly damaged and dry. I also have enough hair fall. I tried using a conditioner after shampoo and that helps certainly, but not much. I ne...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you use Biotin 5000 mcg daily for strong hairs. You can also use shampoos that can give you volume. Which shampoo and conditioner are you using and how often? Regarding stomach and acidity, I suggest Ranitidine or Zantac 150 mg once daily before 45 m...  Read Full »

I feel dizzy and nauseous after taking two Ibuprofen tablets. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs and 5.4 feet tall. I take birth control pills every night, along with two 500 mcg Biotin and two 500 mg cranberry pills. Tonight, I had a headache, so I accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprofen tablets without thinking about it. I feel extremel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? You do not need to worry about any of these symptoms. Let me explain. Biotin and Cranberry are health supplements, they do not affect the body adversely. Birth control pills, regularize the hormonal status in the body. So, they have no effect too. Bu...  Read Full »

How to repair damaged, frizzy and rough hair?
Query: Hi doctor, I have taken smoothening fourth time with a gap of a one-year interval between each session. But, this time I have taken keratin treatment also. My hairs from the ends are damaged, frizzy and rough. Is it possible to repair them?  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keratin treatment is for damaged, rough and frizzy hair. You should always take keratin treatment for hairs. Take biotin supplements for proper growth and good texture of hair. Get regular trimming of hair at the ends as weathering leads to dry and frizzy ends. Avo...  Read Full »

Can bleaching be really harmful to my hair?
Query: Hello doctor, I bleached my roots twice in the summer, and there was a ton of overlap, resulting in a lot of breakages. I thought the breakage subsided so I had extensions put in. I just recently had them taken out and realized that my hair has become super thin and I have lost a lot of them and my...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleaching repeatedly would cause damage to the Disulfide bonds present in the hair, which is most often temporary. You definitely need hair nutrients like biotin, cysteine, selenium, calcium pantothenate, zinc, vitamin C to restore normal growth pattern of hair. Pl...  Read Full »

What is the solution for frizzy chemically treated hair with hair fall?
Query: Hello doctor, My hair is breaking recently a lot on the top. It is quite embarrassing. I use sulfate free shampoo and mine is chemically treated hair. Hair is so frizzy. What is the solution?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chemical treatment is a common cause of hair brittleness as it breaks disulfide bonds that gives strength to hair. This would take some weeks time to resolve. I suggest you take an oral Biotin supplement like tablet Revilus once a day for six months. In addition, I sugg...  Read Full »

Kindly provide a solution for my hair fall and dandruff.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I am facing severe hair fall issue. My hair becomes very thin and consist dandruff and white flakes. I have used Candid-B lotion, but need some other solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send image and revert back to see the extent of involvement. Do you suffer from scalp itching? I suggest Sebamed anti-dandruff shampoo (Piroctone Olamine) or Salisia KT shampoo (Salicylic acid) twice a week for a month. Tablet Adgain (Biotin) once daily for two mo...  Read Full »

Can excessive use of laptop cause hairfall?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a student. Due to extensive use of the laptop for thesis writing and book readings, I am suffering from hair loss and hair whiteness, both problems are increasing day by day. Some people say that it might be due to the extensive use of laptop. Kindly suggest me some multivitamins...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no link of hair loss and hair whitening and laptop usage, however, it can be due to stress which a student has. There is as such no treatment for reversing the hair whiteness. However, to stop that take Biotin supplements and use Vitamin-rich shampoo.  Read Full »

Could you suggest a medicine that will turn white hair to black?
Query: Hello doctor, Most of my hair has turned white. I also have a white beard and white hairs in my mustache. Please prescribe best medicines to make all my hair totally black. I do not want to dye them as dye contains peroxide which will cause hair loss. So, please prescribe the best medicine to turn m...  Read Full »
Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Grey hairs are resistant to any kind of treatment and it might be due to either genetic or micronutrient deficiency. If it is due to micronutrient deficiency it can be controlled with the help of the following medication. Tablet Curlzvit (a combination of Biotin, ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have diffuse hair fall after taking Finasteride?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Finasteride for three months now. Recently, I have been having a huge shed of around 100 hairs a day, up from 5 to 10 before the treatment. The hairs I shed are thick but half the length of the rest of my hair. They are also thin at the base of the hair. This hair loss ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When Minoxidil is started, it can lead to hair loss at first because it regulates hair cycle and all hairs go into one phase leading to diffuse shedding of the hair. But eventually it stops. Ensure proper diet with Vitamins and Minerals. Take Biotin supplements along wi...  Read Full »

Are Hair4U lotion and Biotin safe medicines for hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Biotin? We have medical experts to help you right away.