Medical Advice on "Blocked Nose"

Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Surgery is not absolutely essential. A three weeks course of antibiotics along with nasal decongestants can be tried. Based on the relief from symptoms, the … View thread »

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles with salt … View thread »

Is the baby having running nose or blocked nose? If there is a blocked nose, I suggest you put Nasoclear nasal saline drops two drops in each nostril three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take … View thread »

If mucus is coming from your nose to the throat, then you seem to have sinusitis. Do you have a blocked nose, headache or excessive sneezing? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> … View thread »

There are a few points to be noted here. When the nose is blocked, air entry is achieved through the mouth which stays open. So, there is no choking with blocked nose. However, this may disturb the sleep of the child. Recurrent episodes of a cough and cold without fever … View thread »

Start tablet Azithromycin 500mg once a day for three days after meals. Take tablet Paracetamol 500mg thrice daily for the pain relief. Drink plenty of water. Drink warm liquids. Gargle with warm salt water twice a day. Avoid cold, sour, junk, fried, oily, fatty foods … View thread »

We are happy to help you. Your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) concludes that you have retention cyst inside both maxillary sinuses and the right frontal sinus. Retention cysts form when fluid collections in the sinuses get covered with a mucus … View thread »

With the details provided, I understand that you are a 22 year old female suffering from cold or sinus infection causing nasal blockage. Currently you are taking Sudafed tablets and Otrivin plus nasal spray. Presuming that the Sudafed tablets you use contains only … View thread »

Your son's symptoms are most probably due to viral upper respiratory infection which is not a serious condition. The medications prescribed are sufficient but you have to watch for fever and the color and amount of excreted phlegm. I suggest you add an expectorant … View thread »

You have very precisely described your problem with pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I appreciate that. My diagnosis of your condition based on your symptoms is chronic or recurrent acute rhinosinusitis, which is causing chronic … View thread »

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose? We have medical experts to help you right away.