Medical Advice on "Blocked Nose"

Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Surgery is not absolutely essential. A three weeks course of antibiotics along with nasal decongestants can be tried. Based on the relief from symptoms, the … View thread »

Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. The nasal block is a common issue, and it is usually due to allergy and increase in the winter season.Also, there is Aspirin-induced nasal block and it should be excluded. I suggest Physiomer nasal spray before … View thread »

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles with salt … View thread »

Is the baby having running nose or blocked nose? If there is a blocked nose, I suggest you put Nasoclear nasal saline drops two drops in each nostril three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take … View thread »

If mucus is coming from your nose to the throat, then you seem to have sinusitis. Do you have a blocked nose, headache or excessive sneezing? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> … View thread »

There are a few points to be noted here. When the nose is blocked, air entry is achieved through the mouth which stays open. So, there is no choking with blocked nose. However, this may disturb the sleep of the child. Recurrent episodes of a cough and cold without fever … View thread »

Start tablet Azithromycin 500mg once a day for three days after meals. Take tablet Paracetamol 500mg thrice daily for the pain relief. Drink plenty of water. Drink warm liquids. Gargle with warm salt water twice a day. Avoid cold, sour, junk, fried, oily, fatty foods … View thread »

If it has just started now you can take antibiotics. I suggest you take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for four to five days and tablet Hicet DC (Cetirizine and Phenylephrine) one at night for three days. You can also take Xylomist (Xylometazoline) nasal … View thread »

We are happy to help you. Your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) concludes that you have retention cyst inside both maxillary sinuses and the right frontal sinus. Retention cysts form when fluid collections in the sinuses get covered with a … View thread »

With the details provided, I understand that you are a 22 year old female suffering from cold or sinus infection causing nasal blockage. Currently you are taking Sudafed tablets and Otrivin plus nasal spray. Presuming that the Sudafed tablets you use contains only … View thread »

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose? We have medical experts to help you right away.