Blocked Nose

Related Terms: Sinusitis, Xylometazoline, Nasal Congestion, Allergy, Nasal Polyps, Steam Inhalation, Deviated Nasal Septum

I am feeling sick. Can I take vitamin C to boost my immunity?
Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling sick with a blocked nose and a sore throat from yesterday. It may be a viral infection due to cold, or it can be due to smoking for the first time. I am feeling tired and sick. I am taking vitamin C 1000 mg every day for the past three days. I have a feeling that I do not ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an upper respiratory viral infection. Vitamin C supplement is right and take them for one week. It is better to stop smoking for at least one week. Panadol cold and flu (Dextromethorphan hydrobromide monohydrate with Paracetamol) is an excellent c...  Read Full »

Why do I have blocked nose with hoarse voice?
Query: Hello doctor, My family doctor referred me to an ENT to investigate a persistent sinus discharge problem that seemed to be causing voice hoarseness, likely from mucus building up in my throat. I thought the hoarseness might be a side effect of the Tamsulosin I take each day for BPH, but he did not ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you had any complaints with nose before? Has a CT scan been done to check for sinus inflammation or pathology? How much is the nasal airway compromise? Has he given you any sprays? Has he ruled out allergy?  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for blocked nose and enlargement of nasal bone?
Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been diagnosed with acute sinusitis. He underwent CT scan of the sinuses and was recommended surgery due to blocked nose and enlargement of the nasal bone. Please recommend if surgery can be avoided. I have attached his CT scan report.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Surgery is not absolutely essential. A three weeks course of antibiotics along with nasal decongestants can be tried. Based on the relief from symptoms, the f...  Read Full »

What can be done for blocked nose due to allergy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a blocked nose. I have consulted a doctor and he told I am suffering from allergy and it is incurable. I am worried. Please guide me.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. A blocked nose can be from an infection of upper respiratory tract also. If you have a fever and throat pain along with the blocked nose, then it is due to some infection. Allergy also c...  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve blocked nose at night?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 73-year-old male. Due to nostril blockages at night, my sleep is limited to around two hours at a time. I then turn over and the other nostril blocks and get around two hours of sleep. I use an inhaler which works for a short while. Please advise what I can do. I usually get ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. The nasal block is a common issue, and it is usually due to allergy and increase in the winter season.Also, there is Aspirin-induced nasal block and it should be excluded. I suggest Physiomer nasal spray before bed...  Read Full »

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?
Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles with salt...  Read Full »

I have cold with watery eyes and blocked nose.
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a cold, sore throat and ear pain. Even I have watery eyes for the past two days. Last night I took Cetirizine and Paracetamol and today morning I took Paracetamol and Lozenges but it is not decreasing at all. I got more secretion and blocked nose. What can I do for this...  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a common cold, viral in nature, usually, antibiotics are not needed and self-limiting but chances of superimposition by a bacterial infection is there. As due to ear pain, likely secondary to eustachian tube blockage, fluid collection inside the middle ear...  Read Full »

My kid is suffering from cough and cold. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old baby is suffering from a cough and cold. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Arti Sharma
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the baby having running nose or blocked nose? If there is a blocked nose, I suggest you put Nasoclear nasal saline drops two drops in each nostril three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take t...  Read Full »

I have a sticky throat always. Is it a major issue?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a sticky throat always. I feel mucus is stuck in the throat. There is no pain. I can easily swallow.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If mucus is coming from your nose to the throat, then you seem to have sinusitis. Do you have a blocked nose, headache or excessive sneezing? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otol...  Read Full »

Is it dangerous for a 2 year old to get a running nose?
Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old daughter has got running nose. But, there is no fever or chest block. This is the second time in this month. She sleeps with little noise from the nose. Is it dangerous for 2 years 3 months old to get a running nose? Can blocked nose cause the child to choke at night?...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few points to be noted here. When the nose is blocked, air entry is achieved through the mouth which stays open. So, there is no choking with blocked nose. However, this may disturb the sleep of the child. Recurrent episodes of a cough and cold without fever,...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose? We have medical experts to help you right away.