Blocked Nose

Related Terms: Sinusitis, Xylometazoline, Nasal Congestion, Steam Inhalation, Deviated Nasal Septum, Betablocker, Cold

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling sick with a blocked nose and a sore throat from yesterday. It may be a viral infection due to cold, or it can be due to smoking for the first time. I am feeling tired and sick. I am taking vitamin C 1000 mg every day for the past three days. I have a feeling that I do not ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an upper respiratory viral infection. Vitamin C supplement is right and take them for one week. It is better to stop smoking for at least one week. Panadol cold and flu (Dextromethorphan hydrobromide monohydrate with Paracetamol) is an excellent c...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been diagnosed with acute sinusitis. He underwent CT scan of the sinuses and was recommended surgery due to blocked nose and enlargement of the nasal bone. Please recommend if surgery can be avoided. I have attached his CT scan report.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Surgery is not absolutely essential. A three weeks course of antibiotics along with nasal decongestants can be tried. Based on the relief from symptoms, the f...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 73-year-old male. Due to nostril blockages at night, my sleep is limited to around two hours at a time. I then turn over and the other nostril blocks and get around two hours of sleep. I use an inhaler which works for a short while. Please advise what I can do. I usually get ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. The nasal block is a common issue, and it is usually due to allergy and increase in the winter season.Also, there is Aspirin-induced nasal block and it should be excluded. I suggest Physiomer nasal spray before bed...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles with salt...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old baby is suffering from a cough and cold. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Arti Sharma
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the baby having running nose or blocked nose? If there is a blocked nose, I suggest you put Nasoclear nasal saline drops two drops in each nostril three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take t...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I have a sticky throat always. I feel mucus is stuck in the throat. There is no pain. I can easily swallow.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If mucus is coming from your nose to the throat, then you seem to have sinusitis. Do you have a blocked nose, headache or excessive sneezing? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otol...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old daughter has got running nose. But, there is no fever or chest block. This is the second time in this month. She sleeps with little noise from the nose. Is it dangerous for 2 years 3 months old to get a running nose? Can blocked nose cause the child to choke at night?...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few points to be noted here. When the nose is blocked, air entry is achieved through the mouth which stays open. So, there is no choking with blocked nose. However, this may disturb the sleep of the child. Recurrent episodes of a cough and cold without fever,...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old male. For the last few days, I feel like having fever, loss of appetite, and mouth ulcer. The head feels heavy and a mild headache is there. I have a blood test report. Also, my TLC count is 12500 which is higher than normal. Eosinophil level is also increased but on...  Read Full »
Dr. Tamas Das
Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am here to help you. I would like to know a few more things from your side. Do you have a cough, vomiting, abdominal pain, burning or frequent micturition, or loose motion? Also, let me know if there is a runny or blocked nose, and/or tenderness over the forehead ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi, My age is 29 years. Yesterday I drank ice cold water in the afternoon. Since today morning I am feeling pain in the throat, body pain and laziness. Please suggest medicine for the same.  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start tablet Azithromycin 500mg once a day for three days after meals. Take tablet Paracetamol 500mg thrice daily for the pain relief. Drink plenty of water. Drink warm liquids. Gargle with warm salt water twice a day. Avoid cold, sour, junk, fried, oily, fatty foods a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a bad throat maybe because of change in weather as I am traveling. It is like flu with a bad throat and with a blocked nose. Also, my spit is in green color now. Can I take antibiotics? Is it bacterial or viral? I m attaching a picture of my spit. Also, I am on Metformin fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Girish Subash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it has just started now you can take antibiotics. I suggest you take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for four to five days and tablet Hicet DC (Cetirizine and Phenylephrine) one at night for three days. You can also take Xylomist (Xylometazoline) nasal dro...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose? We have medical experts to help you right away.