Blood Group

Related Terms: Rh Incompatibility, Diabetes, Complete Blood Count, Rh Incompatibility Complications, Fever, Diabetes Management, Anti-d Injections

Negative Blood Group and Pregnancy Rh Incompatibility
Article Overview: This article gives a brief knowledge about Rh negative blood group and pregnancy complications, and preventions in simple terms.  Read Article »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

What Is Rh Factor? There are mainly four blood groups, namely A, B, O, and AB. There is a subtype of each as positive and negative blood groups, namely A +ve, A -ve, B +ve, B -ve, etc. The subtype gets decided by the Rh factor (rhesus), an antigen present on the red blood cells. When it is present, ...  Read Article »

My blood group is A+. Will my child suffer Rh incompatibility if I marry someone who has A-?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. My blood group is A positive. I am going to marry and I am looking for a suitable match now. I wish to have two children in future. I have two questions: As my blood group is a positive and if I marry someone who also has A positive blood group, then will there...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. You are A positive and if your partner will also be A positive, it means both of you will be carrying Rh positive factor. So, there is no ill effect in marrying someone with your same blood group. If you marry someone Rh negativ...  Read Full »

My blood group is positive and my fiance's is negative. What problem do we need to face?
Query: Hi doctor,My blood group is B positive. I am going to marry a person with B negative blood group. Is there any problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. From history, I hope you are telling that you (male) is B positive and your fiance (female) is B negative.According to Rh grouping, a person can have Rh positive or Rh negative group. You both can marry and can produce a ...  Read Full »

Can same blood group of parents cause any problem to baby?
Query: Hello doctor, Me and my wife blood group are same A positive. And my wife is five months pregnant. I want to know that is there any problem with our baby?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The same blood group not at all lead to any problem in conception. Same blood group people can marry and can produce a normal child. So as far as same blood group concerned do not worry about that. But as a doctor I will advise you to check your wife thalassemia mino...  Read Full »

Will our blood group combination create a problem at the time of conceiving?
Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry next month. Actually, problem is, I have A +ve blood group and she has B -ve blood group. So, I want to know, will this blood group combination create a problem at a time of conceiving to the mother and the fetus in the future?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a positive group and your wife is having a negative group. So, in the first pregnancy, it will not create any problem in the mother or child. But, sensitization to Rh antigen can occur and mother forms antibody against Rh D antigen. If she conceives f...  Read Full »

My fiance's blood group and mine are different. Will it create problems to our baby's health?
Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is AB+, and my fiance's blood group is AB-. Will different blood groups create problems in future, regarding baby's health or other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You and your fiance can marry without any problem. Do not worry regarding that. The only thing that has to be done is checking the baby's blood group. As your blood group is Rh negative, so if the baby's blood group is Rh positive then it might lead to Rh in...  Read Full »

Could different blood group of a couple create problem in having a baby?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I am planning to get married to a girl who is known to me. We have a very good understanding. But, we have different blood group. Mine is B positive and she is AB negative. Since the blood group is a factor for having babies, do you think having a different blood gro...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: You being Rh positive and she is Rh negative, if the baby is Rh positive with any blood group, your girlfriend will require Rh immunization during any failed or complete pregnancy. The condition is called as a ...  Read Full »

Could my negative blood group cause any pregnancy complication?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 3 months pregnant. My blood group is O negative. Will I face any complication during pregnancy due to my negative blood group? I consulted with my doctor, and she told me to take Fertigyn 5000 injection once a week for four weeks. Is it safe? Will it make me get a normal delivery ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When there is a negative blood group, there will be attacking agents for positive blood group in your blood called antibodies. In case your partner is positive, then there are chances of your baby being positive. The first child usually escapes, and in the case o...  Read Full »

Mine and my wife's blood group is B. Will it cause any problem in our married life?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife's and mine blood groups are the same. Both of our blood group is B. Will there be any problem in our married life?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two major blood group systems. ABO - According to this system, the blood group can be A, B, O, AB.  Rh system - According to this system, the blood group can be Rh positive or negative. You have not mentioned th...  Read Full »

Can a couple with same blood group get married?
Query: Hello doctor, Blood group of the male is A positive and blood group of the female is A with Rh positive. Can they get married? Will they face any problem in getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no harm in marrying the partner of same blood group. Every individual has unique own blood group and ABO and Rh system used most commonly. If you want to do preconception counseling then investigate with CBC (complete blood count) and if needed HPLC (high-per...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blood Group? We have medical experts to help you right away.