Blood In Urine

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Urine Analysis, Diabetes, Uti, Urine Culture, Beta Hcg, Complete Blood Count, Urine Pregnancy Test

What does blood in urine 1+ mean?
Query: Hi doctor, In my routine urine test, blood in urine is 1+ and RBC 6-8. What does it mean? I have attached my routine urine test report for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is suggestive of microscopic hematuria. Microscopic hematuria may be because of calculus in urinary tract. Calculus in urinary tract causes pain on the side of its presence and...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for blood in urine & painful urination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am married and have no baby yet. A year ago, for the first time, I noticed blood in urine and painful urination. After two days of intercourse, I face this problem. When I was 14 years old, I suffered from hematuria. I took Pause, Mix 500 and Alkasol for relief. Please tell me the treat...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a urinary tract infection, mostly cystitis. It occurs due to unhygienic peri genital condition. In order to prevent UTI keep your perineal area clean like cleaning after intercourse and daily cleaning of the area during bathing. For the cure, you will need an ant...  Read Full »

My mom is suffering blood in urine. Is it due to UTI or Xarelto?
Query: Hi doctor, This deals with my mother, who has a history of chronic E. coli bladder infections. She has been on preventative antibiotics and topical estrogen. Recently, she was eight months UTI free with being on 2000 mg mannose sugar daily. Her eGFR was 65 around six months ago. I reduced the su...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the history and the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Clearly, she is a case of recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). We need to determine the cause of UTI. According to me, it is because of her age her bladder po...  Read Full »

My father is passing blood in urine. Should we start antibiotics?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is 74 years old. He met with a road accident about 3.5 years back and had suffered a brain injury. A craniotomy and cranioplasty were performed. Since then, he has been in a persistent vegetative state. He is completely paralyzed and continuously on nursing care. He is fed by...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. The reason for bleeding might be due to a small injury while changing the suprapubic catheter. You can go to some local doctor or can call a doctor at your home and ask him to change the suprapubic catheter. I think antibiotics are not required at...  Read Full »

Why was there blood in urine?
Query: Hi doctor, My friend has seen just a pinch of blood while urinating. He immediately went to the doctor and they asked him to take some tests. I am attaching the reports. Please tell me if anything is serious. He does heavy gyming and running as well.  Read Full »
Dr. Vedprakash Verma
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your urine report. First of all do not panic This is occasionally hematuria from the external urethral tract, not from kidney due to heavy exercise, mild trauma or ureteric stone. In the urine report, no blood is detected, it is completely normal. If he has...  Read Full »

My report says there is blood in urine, but my doctor says I am fine. What should I do?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had undergone chest X-ray, ECG, creatinine, fasting glucose, postprandial blood sugar, urea, uric acid, lipid profile, liver function test, thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, urine complete analysis, complete blood count with ESR and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. All the re...  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your reports, it seems to be a urinary tract infection secondary to a kidney stone. Some kidney stones are not visible on the ultrasound. So, I suggest you do a CT scan of the abdomen and repeat urinalysis. If the same report persists, then we can thi...  Read Full »

I have vaginal rashes and blood in urine. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am noticing slight blood drops while urinating since last 2 to 3 days and irritation in the vagina. I noticed rashes on the left wall of the vaginal opening and seems to pain slightly while urinating. Please suggest the remedy. I have been consuming cital syrup on suggestions by a p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is no burning sensation while urination or there is an increased frequency of urine accompanied with red urine then unlikely that you have a urinary tract infection, instead you are likely to be suffering from vaginitis. Please get a high vaginal swab and a ur...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having blood in urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 64-year-old male. I am a healthy person. Currently, I do not have any symptoms or problems. Recently, I have done a PSA, sugar, CBC, and urine culture. Please check my reports. It shows that there is a presence of blood in the urine. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). On seeing your reports and abnormalities, you can have a mild infection. As you are asymptomatic and the presence of blood in urine is observed only by a microscope, and the PSA...  Read Full »

What are the root causes for blood in urine when pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having gone through the ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), It is evident that your wife had experienced threatened abortion with separation of placenta at the lateral aspect of the gestational sac as evident from the second ul...  Read Full »

I have constant urge to urinate with blood in urine. Is it due to STD?
Query: Hello doctor, I just recently started urinating blood when I go to the restroom. I have a constant urge to urine and I have no idea why out of the blue this is happening. I am a male, 36 years old, 6’2", 190 lbs. I have no medical issues or past history of kidney problems or cancer. Can it be...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Painless hematuria must be evaluated thoroughly and some factors must be taken into consideration like smoking, occupational exposure to certain substances, family history of kidney disease or cancer. Do not get scared sometimes it is something simple like urinary tract...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blood In Urine? We have medical experts to help you right away.