Blood Pressure

Related Terms: High Blood Pressure, Hypertension, Diabetes, ECG, Blood Pressure Monitor, Anxiety, Cholesterol

Blood Pressure and Mean Arterial Pressure Calculator

The Blood Pressure Calculator calculates the blood pressure based on your systolic and diastolic pressure. The contraction of the heart takes place when the heart beats. This results in pushing of the blood through the arteries to all the parts of the body. A pressure on the arteries is created due to this force and this is termed as systolic blood pressure. The diastolic blood pressure is …

Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a nephew who is 4 and a half years old. He is quite active as a child with a normal height and weight according to his age. Two days back we happened to measure his blood pressure at home normally. We were quite taken aback as it was 144/100 and later also it was around 130/96 ...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A blood pressure of 120/80 is definitely very high for a child of 4 years and 6 months. There are various causes for increased blood pressure at this age like renal parenchymal disease, COA (coarctation of the aorta), renal artery stenosis, endocrine causes like hypert...  Read Full »

High Blood Pressure: Things You Need To Know!!

Article Overview: High blood pressure is a very common condition with serious consequences if left untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension.  Read Article »
Dr. Pir Muhammad Siddique

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a very common and serious condition which if untreated may lead to permanent and often fatal damage to various organs of the body including the heart, kidneys, brain and eyes. Hypertension means the pressure of the blood inside the blood vessels is higher than ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your pulse rate is high. Please do a free T4, T3, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test. For your BP (blood pressure), you can take Met XL (Metoprolol) 50 one tablet, once daily at around 8 AM and tablet Stamlo (Amlodipine) 5 one tablet at around 5 PM. You...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,My blood pressure is always high between 170/110 mmHg and 190/115 mmHg. My complete blood count report showed hemoglobin 18, platelet 150, MCH 26 and others normal. Please suggest medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You need to do a lipid profile test and an ECG (electrocardiogram). Your blood pressure is too high at 190/115 mmHg. You risk organ damage with this level of blood pressure.I usually prescribe a combination of beta-blockers, diuretics, and statins depending on your lipid...  Read Full »

Query: Hello Doctor, My blood pressure is up to 197/100 mmHg. My doctor keeps giving me tablet Bystolic and asked to take it for 10 days. Is that safe? I am a 53 year old male, usually great health.  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Your blood pressure is very high. Given your age, you are very susceptible to paralytic attacks and heart attacks and you should not ignore it at all.  Tablet Nebivolol (Bystolic) is not enough to control your blood pressure. You need to get some basic tests done to rule ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Why is it that you are supposed to take blood pressure when seated and rested for two to five minutes with your back supported? Is not it important to know what your blood pressure is when you are walking around and going about your day especially if that is what makes blood pressure ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is because it is a normal response to the blood pressure rise with exercise and such increments are not harmful to the body. Exercise-related blood pressure will vary with the level of exercise so we will not be able to standardize it. On the contrary, baselin...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had mucus from the throat, and it had minor blood in it. I went to the ER, and the blood pressure was 190/110. The doctors told the bleeding had to do with the blood pressure as the bleeding stopped as soon as blood pressure reducing pills were given orally. I had blood tests done to...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are normal. I am glad that despite very high blood pressure you have ended up having only minor bleeding, which I believe, was a warning sign. I would reco...  Read Full »

Who should check blood pressure at home? How to choose the correct blood pressure monitor?

Article Overview: Blood pressure monitoring at your home on a regular basis would help you in preventing life style risks and for titration (dose adjustment) of the BP medication.  Read Article »
Dr. Kiran Kumar Reddy Cv

Blood pressure monitoring at home is recommended for most people who are suspected of having high blood pressure or at high risk. The doctor would not be able to correctly say that you are hypertensive with only one reading of the blood pressure. The guidelines say that at-least three readings have ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor,I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows: Resting ECG a...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away.