Blood Sugar Levels

Related Terms: Diabetes, Hba1c, Fasting Blood Sugar Level, Metformin, Diabetes Management, Insulin, Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level

Is fasting blood sugar level of 8.3 indicative of diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a blood sugar level of 8.3 mmol/l during fasting. Is this diabetic or still at the pre-diabetic stage? Can I reduce the sugar level without medication?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This falls in diabetic range. You should also get post-lunch sugar done. You will eventually need medicine. However, you can try a healthy lifestyle for some time period. You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily, sweet, and high-calorie diet. Reg...  Read Full »

My husband's blood sugar level is always high despite the medicines. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My husband has diabetes for the last 10 years. He is currently on Amaryl M1. He is living a sedentary lifestyle. For the past few months, the sugar level is always high despite the medication. The fasting blood sugar value was around 169, a week back. His other tests like triglycerides...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest a stepwise approach. As the blood glucose level is not controlled on Amaryl M 1, increase the dose to Amaryl M 2 (Glimepiride and Metformin), one tablet in the m...  Read Full »

Will my blood sugar levels reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my blood sugar level tested after nine hours of fasting, and it was 138 g/dL. Am I diabetic? Nine hours back, I had a cold drink and burger, and I am overweight. Will my blood sugar level reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. I cannot say on just one high reading that you have diabetes. You need to do a HbA1C test to be sure of this. Yes, the meal which you described can give high blood sugar levels. If you modify your lifestyle, then definitely you can help yourse...  Read Full »

My PP blood sugar level remains in the range of 150 to 176. How to reduce it?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old male. Before 12 years, I went for my first master checkup without symptoms. The result showed high 2 hours PPBG while FBG and A1c are normal. The consultant physician advised me to eat less at a time and increase the number of feeds in a day and encouraged me to check ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. On going through the details provided, it is clear that you are in a prediabetes situation. Following are the criteria for diagnosing diabetes: Normal: Fasting blood glucose (FBG) 70 to 110 mg, PP less than 140 mg and HbA1c% less than 5.9. Prediabetes: FBG 108 to...  Read Full »

My blood sugar level keeps dropping. What is the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, Blood sugar keeps dropping even though I eat small meals every couple of hours. I am not diabetic. My HbA1c is 5.7 mmol. I am 28 years and weigh 145 pounds. Why does it keep dropping? I know it is because when I eat I feel normal again. It only lasts for a couple of hours before I sta...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you think you drink enough water? Dehydration can cause symptoms similar to a low blood glucose level. Please try to drink at least two liters of water a day, that is around eight glasses of water. Sometimes thirst can mimic hunger. So the next time you feel tired...  Read Full »

When will my blood sugar level come back to acceptable levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with type II diabetes five years back. I have maintained good sugar control. Currently, I am taking Trulicity 1.5 weekly, Lantus nightly and 2000 mg of Metformin with my evening meal. Toward the end of last year, my diet was not good, as I was eating a lot of carbohyd...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have started proper diet control, your blood sugar levels are getting better and better day by day. Yes, it does take some time to get back to normal once you are careful about your diet and exercise. You can check your HbA1c levels now and after three mon...  Read Full »

Why are my blood sugar levels fluctuating so much?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old working woman, and my weight is 80 kg. I am not diabetic, but my recent reports showed my fasting blood sugar level to be 105 and HbA1C was 6.2. After seeing the report, I got scared, so I redid the test after a week. This time, my fasting blood sugar was 143 and pos...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you do not have diabetes but just impaired fasting glucose, or in other words, you might develop diabetes in the next few years if you do not have a proper diet control. I would suggest that you control your diet by eating low fat, low carbohydrate, d...  Read Full »

Why is my fasting blood sugar level higher than postprandial?
Query: Hi doctor, My fasting blood sugar is 130 to 135 over last four years. My postprandial sugar is between 90 to 110. Yes, my postprandial is less than my fasting sugar level. Usually, the reading will be taken after 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hours after eating breakfast. I am unable to bring down the fast...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to tell you that different mechanism of our body act to control our fasting and postprandial sugars. Firstly, you are doing well with your blood sugars. The fasting sugar is slightly higher, but no issues. Secondly, you should take your medicine Glycomet (...  Read Full »

Diabetes - Simple Ways to Control Blood Sugar Level
Article Overview: Diabetes is spreading very fast. This article will provide an overview about how people can control their blood sugar level after adopting a healthy lifestyle.  Read Article »
Dr. Alka
Diabetologist

Diabetes is affecting millions of lives these days. It is a metabolic disorder in which the blood sugar of the body is in a higher range than normal. These days it is spreading very fast due to unhealthy lifestyle of people and poor eating habits. The initial symptoms of diabetes include excessive t ...  Read Article »

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.
Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your high blood sugar levels and from the lab results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have uncontrolled diabetes and dyslipidemia, that is, high cholesterol. According to your HbA1C, it is recommen...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blood Sugar Levels? We have medical experts to help you right away.