Blood Tests

Related Terms: Complete Blood Count, Diabetes, Anxiety, ECG, Beta Hcg, Vitamin D Deficiency, Tsh Level, Exercises

My blood test came positive for yeast. Should I be concerned?
Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was seen at the ER. Several days later, I received a call from the ER department and they informed me that my blood tested positive for yeast and suggested a follow up with my MD. I did the follow up and my MD said it is normal and there is no treatment. I am having so...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your anxiety. Since the blood culture was a few months back and you had a symptom free period, I do not think that the present symptoms are due to previous bloodstream infection. Bloodstream fungal culture could have been a contamination because fungemia pati...  Read Full »

Kindly review my blood test report.
Query: Hi doctor, I need a doctor to review this blood work that I received. I have had chronic sinus infections. Currently, I am taking Doxycycline 100 mg, twice a day for three weeks, for an upper respiratory infection. I am now on my second week of antibiotics.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Overall, it is fine with some abnormalities. Firstly, your potassium is high which is likely a false positive report due to hemolysis of RBC. So, nothing to worry about it. However, be...  Read Full »

Are my blood test results worrisome?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 57 year old male. I just had a blood test. Results: Hemocrit 60.0 (h), Blood Urea Nitrogen 24 (h), MCV 96.6 (H), MCHC 31.9 (L), Creatinine 1.36 (H), Basophils 2.1 (H), All other labs were normal.  Read Full »
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. BUN levels represent the balance between urea production (liver), urea breakdown, and urea elimination (kidneys). Therefore, BUN is an indicator of kidney health and/or liver health. A high hematocrit could be due to many reasons and is not an indication of iron ove...  Read Full »

Will getting blood test for allergy help me receive the right treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, So, I have hives, also known as chronic urticaria. Basically, I break out when the climate I am in is hot, or when I exercise. I visited my family doctor and he told me to get a blood test and he also gave me a Cetirizine (Zyrtec) prescription which is 20 mg. I have been taking this me...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The blood test should determine what allergen is causing the problems in you. Sometimes it can be a combination of allergens. Once we know that we help you avoid the same and prevent the sensitivity reactions. Allergies and hypersensitivities are not cured by medici...  Read Full »

Do my blood test results indicate that I have cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, Blood tests show high leukocytes of 12000 per mL with lymphocytosis and an elevated alkaline phosphatase at 162 u/L. Kindly suggest further tests to rule out cancers and lymphoma.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to repeat your CBC (complete blood count) after three to five days. If lymphocytes count is normal then the chances of cancer are very less. If lymphocytes count remains persistently high then further workup as follow. Peripheral smear examination report...  Read Full »

My wife's blood test indicates increased thyroid and eosinophils.Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, Recently my wife had a blood test. We found in the report that her thyroid and eosinophils increased. Recently she was sick because of throat infection. She always has throat infection and fever and due to that she gets sick every time. Even after she was out from fever, sometimes she...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her eosinophil count is high, also Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV) is high. Her cholesterol levels are fine (though they are highlighted in the report). TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormon...  Read Full »

Role of BNP (Blood Test) in Cardiovascular Diseases
Article Overview: This article talks about BNP, which is a protein released by the heart during heart failure and other cardiac problems. And, also about the significance of BNP in the treatment of heart conditions.  Read Article »
Dr. Isaac Gana

What You Should Know About BNP BNP (brain natriuretic peptide) is a type of protein that is produced in the heart muscles, initially as pro-BNP. It belongs to a class of hormones known as natriuretic peptides. These groups of hormones are divided into four, namely ANP, BNP, CNP, and DNP. Each of t ...  Read Article »

I had an allergy blood test and my specific allergy numbers range from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. Is it normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I just got results back from an allergy blood test. My specific allergy numbers ranged from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. My total IgE is 241 IU/mL. Does this total number indicate anything? Is the number high or low?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me help you. The IgE value is within normal limits. Moreover, the total serum IgE values are not very indicative, rather specific IgE levels are important. Specific IgE levels should be inferred in relation to the particular allergen. Each allergen level may be d...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the blood test taken for sudden hearing loss.
Query: Hello doctor, I had a sudden hearing loss twice and because it happened twice, I was sent for a plethora of blood tests. My ANA was negative but I noticed two markers out of range. I was wondering if you could give any insight into these blood test results?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are two things which I presume you think are abnormal. CK (creatine kinase), it is an enzyme produced by heart muscle and skeletal muscle. So, is elevated in people wi...  Read Full »

Kindly evaluate my blood test report and advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I did a blood test. Kindly evaluate it and give advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Ana Karen Pulido
Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your laboratory test is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but you have your liver enzymes a bit over the limit of normality. The most common cause for this alteration is fatty liver. The less expensive way to know this for sure is doing a liver ultra...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blood Tests? We have medical experts to help you right away.