Blurred Vision

Related Terms: Headache, Redness In Eyes, Refractive Error, Eye Examination, Glaucoma, Artificial Tears, Lubricant Eye Drops

I have blurred vision due to blood clot in my right eye. Is it something serious?
Query: Hi doctor, When I woke up suddenly yesterday, I saw a spiral black cloud in my right eye. I can see through the cloud hazily and there is no pain. When I consulted my doctor, he said that I have a blood clot. Is it something serious?  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your condition is vitreous hemorrhage. It is seen commonly in uncontrolled diabetes and diabetic retinopathy. If it is small, it will resolve on its own. You can wait and watch. If it is large and not resolving, it needs to be surgically removed. Other option...  Read Full »

Is my blurred vision related to the dose of Metoprolol?
Query: Hi doctor, For the last five days, I am experiencing a kind of blurred vision. Initially, I was on Metoprolol 50 mg as I had a viral infection on the muscles of the heart. This time, when I visited my cardiologist, he said that the viral infection is almost gone and reduced my dose to 25 mg. After t...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blurred vision is not related to this decreased dose of Metoprolol, but do not worry. It will become alright soon. If this blurred vision persists, consult a local ophthalmologist and get eyesight checked. In the eye, we have two segments. They are anterior and poste...  Read Full »

How can my blurred vision be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This blurred vision could be due to viral keratoconjunctivitis which means there is a possibility of involvement of cornea leading to blurred vision. Treatment usually includes soft steroid eyedrop like fluorometholone in slow tapering doses. It is a provisional di...  Read Full »

Can viral sinusitis cause blurred vision and numbness of arm and face?
Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

I am worried about blurred vision after firework injury. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I met with a firework injury. A small cracker burst a little away and hit my eye. A few debris got into my eyes with a little force. There is no redness, but my vision is a little blurred. I am doing cold compress and have bought Eye Spa eye drops. My concern is the blurred vision. Pleas...  Read Full »
Dr. David J Mathew
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have decreased vision after getting hit with firecracker debris. One possibility is that you may have some debris in your eyes still and in that case, you will most probably have irritation. The trauma may also have caused a reaction in t...  Read Full »

Why do I have blurred vision while using contact lens?
Query: Hi doctor, My eye power for the glass on the left eye is cyl - 0.75 with 10 axis and on the right eye is cyl - 2 with 170 axis. I am using contact lenses. But, I have a problem when I insert the lenses. I feel blurred vision in the left eye. I am using contact lens with power cyl - 1.75 with 170 axi...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, with contact lenses this problem happens when there is a cylindrical power because axis should be correct. In a cylindrical contact lens, there is a marker on it that should be at 6 o'clock. If a contact lens is rotated during applying, then it will cause proble...  Read Full »

Why do I have acute blurred vision and minor color reduction in my eye?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a minor color reduction for a long term. Recently, I have an acute blurred vision. I have pain and discomfort when I am moving the eye. I have a slight change in color sight with slightly reduced red color vision in left eye. I have attached an MRI Axial T2 Propeller image from a ...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI shows features suggestive of left-sided optic nerve sheath meningioma with possibly both sided Inflammatory orbitopathy (muscle enlargement is quite apparent). But these needs be correlated clinically. Although meningioma is recognized to be a benign tumor, it c...  Read Full »

What can be done for blurred vision after getting deodorant in my eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, This morning by mistake I sprayed the body deodorant directly into my eyes. Thereafter, I cleaned my eyes thoroughly with water and put some V.Rohto drops in them. The whole day has passed but the vision in my left eye is still blurry. Is it something urgent to be taken care of and shoul...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not an emergency. You can use Rohto drops (Naphazoline hydrochloride), along with it start using lubricants like Refresh tears eyedrops or Tears naturale (Carboxymethylcellulose, Dextran, etc) eyedrops once every three hours. Wash out all of the chemical from you...  Read Full »

What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?
Query: Hello doctor, I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light....  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities: Corneal epithelial dystrophy. Uveitis. Glaucoma. Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda remedy for blurred vision.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering from blurred vision. I could not focus properly. Also, I have dizziness and stiffness in the neck, which sometimes continues for the whole day. An MRI brain was done and it was normal. The blood tests including thyroid profile, LFT, KFT, vitamin D a...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since, you have not mentioned your occupation or nature of work, diagnosis and drugs whichever you taken already, I am not able to get any clue about your condition. There are many possibilities for your conditions. Eyesight problem. It leads to eye pain, headach...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blurred Vision? We have medical experts to help you right away.