Bodybuilding

Related Terms: Exercises, Body Shaping, Protein Powder, Protein Source, Gain Weight, Protein Rich Diet, Reduce Weight

Will lifting weights at 18 stop me from growing taller?
Query: Hi doctor, Can I start bodybuilding at the age of 18? Will this stop me from growing tall?  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I advise you to start sports first and after a year or so, you can start going to the gym. This is because men grow in height till 20 years and after that, the growth stops. Until then, be inclined towards sports like basketball, jogging, running, bar pull-ups ti...  Read Full »

Are Ashwagandha and Shilajit good for boosting testosterone while body building?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. 80 kg and 5 feet 7 inches. Regular to the gym. Instead of using any artificial testosterone or any type of supplement in the gym, I recently found out about Ashwagandha and Shilajit which are natural and provide a testosterone boost naturally. Is it safe to consume 600...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have selected good natural medicines to testosterone booster. We do prescribe these medicines to improve natural body strength and immunity, and not specifically for body-building. But, you can use it on regular basis for two months. If Ashwagandha is available ...  Read Full »

My friend takes a drug to boost his energy while body building. Is it safe?
Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a fitness freak is training to compete at a state level body building competition this year. He is training alongside some local bodybuilder. My concern is, I have seen recently that his physique is really good, but he has some dark spots on his veins on both the arms. H...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Termin (Mephentermine) injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): propyl paraben - 0.02 % W/V, methyl paraben - 0.18 % W/V, and mephentermine - 15 mg. It is a muscle relaxing agent which increases the stamina but has lots of side effects. I sug...  Read Full »

I have Still's disease from 15 years. Can I take steroids for bodybuilding?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from Still’s disease from the past 15 years, and I was 13 years old at that time. Now I am 28 years old, and I have no problems from the disease since the past seven years. The treatment was with Methotrexate and Medrol (Methylprednisolone). From the past seven years,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If you take anabolic steroids, your Still's disease will not come back. The only concern while using steroids in your case would be that if you use them, and later stop in life, your Still's disease may relapse.You may develop adult-onset Still's disease. So my best opini...  Read Full »

Protein Supplements - Yes or No?
Article Overview: Often, we see bodybuilding enthusiasts taking huge amounts of protein powders and getting buff. Even the cover graphics of the powders are those of highly ripped bodybuilders showing off their shiny biceps. After reading this article, you should be able to understand the usual components and their significance in those protein powders.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Fitness Expert

What Is Protein? You already know that it is a nutrient. And, like all nutrients, proteins are vital for maintaining your health. Proteins are the building blocks of every visible structure in your body. Even the hair. It is protein. A good proportional combination of melanin and keratin. That mean ...  Read Article »

How to cure the acne breakouts?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had good skin for all my life. People would even compliment me on it at times. This changed a while ago. I have been involved in bodybuilding for the last year and decided to start taking creatine roughly three months ago. Before that, I did not notice any effect of exercise on my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Body building supplements more often cause acne on face and body. This will gradually improve as you have stopped using the supplements. Chin lesions do take longer to heal, may take two to three months. Continue taking natural protein supplements and doing work out. Cli...  Read Full »

Is Dextroamphetamine contraindicated in heart condition?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 55 year old woman recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed stimulants. I have hypertension and I take Amlodipine 5 mg, Losartan 50 mg and Propranolol (10 to 60 mg) for anxiety which also helps with my blood pressure. My echocardiogram says that my left ventricular wall thickne...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So, currently, you do not have any serious heart issues. The impaired relaxation and diastolic dysfunction occur due to chronically elevated BP leading to hypertrophy. It is not serious heart problem and needs no specific treatment. It is similar to the bodybuilding ...  Read Full »

Does protein powder have any adverse effect on muscle recovery?
Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »

How much protein intake per day is considered too much?
Query: Hello doctor, Is high intake of protein powder helpful or harmful to the health? And what is considered as too much protein?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommended dietary intake of protein is 30% of your total calorie or food intake, which means 30% of what you eat should be proteins. If it exceeds 45 or 50%, then it can cause problems, especially to your kidneys. High protein powders can be used if you have prote...  Read Full »

Which tests should I undergo to determine hormonal imbalance?
Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I am having man boobs and love handles. They just will not go away. I workout and reduced a lot of fat, but the fat in this area is stubborn. I want to know whether there is any hormonal imbalance in my body like high content of estrogen. What tests should I undergo to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is called gynecomastia which is quite common and needs treatment due to cosmetic reasons. First of all, this may be natural following obesity or due to hormonal imbalance inside you. You need a checkup whether there is any hormonal imbalance. A testicular examination...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Bodybuilding? We have medical experts to help you right away.