Botox

Related Terms: Botox Injections, Botox Uses, Botulinum Toxin Therapy, Chemical Peeling, Acne, Laser Scar Reduction, Laser Tattoo Removal

Botox - a Toxin with Great Cosmetic Result for Removing Wrinkles

Article Overview: Wrinkles on the face are often due to expression, which includes frowning, concentrating or smiling. These wrinkles get deeper as we grew old, because of loss of elasticity of our skin. But, with the administration of Botulinum toxin (Botox) our facial muscles are gently relaxed and the wrinkles improve.
Cosmetologist

Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxin derived from Clostridium botulinum. There are eight distinct antigenic serotypes of exotoxins and among these only A and B are used for various medical indications. Exotoxin A is the most commonly used and it is more potent than exotoxin B. How does It work? Botulin ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told that I have a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder. I feel constant irritation in the bladder and sometimes, my lower abdomen area swells up. I had negative urine cultures, and I have been told Botox may help me, but I can only have 50 % or so strength due to...  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Botox is used for overactive bladder, once oral anticholinergic medication fails to give benefit. Botox gives benefit for 6 to 9 months, so it has to be repeated after a year. There is a risk of detrusor acontractility after injection, for which you might have to use C...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from Sjogren's syndrome. I have a few questions about safety of cosmetic procedures. Is botox injectable safe? Is ultherapy or laser safe for a patient with Sjogren's? Kindly advice.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Laser is completely safe. Safety of Botox depends on indication. Botox (Botulinum Toxin) is also given in other medical conditions. Please let me know the reason for laser and Botox treatment. The elaborate history will help me to give you better advice. Revert back with...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I have been injecting Botox into my forehead for three years now and never had a reaction. Two days ago I visited a different dermatologist and right after the session, I developed hard lumps on every injection site. I returned to the same dermatologist and she told me this is nothing t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, it is difficult to comment. Is there a change in color of skin? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to get your opinion on my situation to see if you guys might be able to help. For several years now, I have had trouble with smiling fully in certain situations. Generally, in social situations, it is almost like I give an awkward half-smile. It is hard for me to smile fully. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. DAO (depressor angularis oris) procedure, where the muscle is cut off is really not advisable. It is not performed commonly either. If not done correctly, it can lead to side effects and incorrect smile. Botox is done to elevate angle of mouth incase there is a depressi...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My scar revision surgery is not healing well, and it seems worse than last week. Please see the attached picture. Involuntary frowning causes lines to run through the scar, can this be causing problems? Is it worth taping my forehead, so I cannot make frown lines? Is it worth getting a bo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: D...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male with quite rough skin on my face, which I am not happy with. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice on what I can do to limit the signs of aging, specifically forehead lines and also the dry look on my skin. I think my problem is sun damage. I ha...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can go for Botox (Botulinum toxin) nevertheless I would suggest you to use Cellex C serum and Hydra 5B complex twice daily. It contains vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant, helps in collagen synthesis. Hence, alteration of aging sign and carries no side eff...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a new horizontal scar between my eyebrows, and this has caused a crease when I frown. The scar is not vertical, and it goes through 45% angulation. Can this be fixed?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two things which we can be tried. First is Botox (Botulinum toxin injection) and the second one is scar revision. Scar revision is an OPD (outpatient department) procedure in which the entire scar is excised and sutured with very fine suture, which is not v...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Few years ago I had spasmodic dysphonia. My voice was husky and high pitched. I took medicines and speech therapy. There was slight improvement in my voice but after that my voice is high pitched. I want deeper voice that is manly voice. What should I do? Is there any way to get deeper v...  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spasmodic dysphonia is one of the difficult conditions to treat and patient motivation is most important. Speech therapy is tried always and some benefit is there. Botox injection in spastic muscle will give best results, but speech therapy has to be followed. Botox has c...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 53 years old male. I am suffering from prostate and overactive problems for the past eight years. I did many time ultrasound and cystoscopy. I have inflammation in bladder and prostate. I feel the inflammation and a burning sensation in the urethra. My bladder is overactive. I took ...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a severe case of overactive bladder. From your history, it appears that you have tried out almost all the available treatments for overactive bladder. At present, botox therapy is the least invasive and most efficient in the management of OAB (overactive ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Botox? We have medical experts to help you right away.