Medical Advice on "Botox Injections"

Spasmodic dysphonia is one of the difficult conditions to treat and patient motivation is most important. Speech therapy is tried always and some benefit is there. Botox injection in spastic muscle will give best results, but speech therapy has to be followed. Botox has … View thread »

Even though the eyelid twitches are very commonly associated with stress and they usually go away on their own without any treatment, the involvement of both eyelids could also be an early sign of blepharospasm which requires treatment. If symptoms are getting worse … View thread »

I have read your query and can well understand your concern. For hyperhidrosis, it is important to rule out causes like anxiety and hyperthyroidism. Other causes may also be present. For this you may visit a physician to get adequately examined and tested. There are … View thread »

You may require a uroflow to see if your prostate is obstructing or not. I assume that your IVP study is normal and urine AFB has been done 3 consecutive days. So … View thread »

The pain is sometimes described by the patient as 'my worst pain ever. This article provides some suggestions on how to avoid facing this annoying issue by making few dietary and lifestyle changes … View thread »

Botox is used for overactive bladder, once oral anticholinergic medication fails to give benefit. Botox gives benefit for 6 to 9 months, so it has to be repeated after a year. There is a risk of detrusor acontractility after injection, for which you might have to use … View thread »

It is the natural structure of your face. You need not worry about it and accept it as such. But, if you are keen on getting it removed, creams or medicines will not help you much. Botox and fillers are the only options. For more information consult a dermatologist … View thread »

DAO (depressor angularis oris) procedure, where the muscle is cut off is really not advisable. It is not performed commonly either. If not done correctly, it can lead to side effects and incorrect smile. Botox is done to elevate angle of mouth incase there is a … View thread »

Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved … View thread »

These wrinkles get deeper as we grew old, because of loss of elasticity of our skin. But, with the administration of Botulinum toxin (Botox) our facial muscles are gently relaxed and the wrinkles … View thread »

Do you have a question on Botox Injections? We have medical experts to help you right away.