Botox Injections

Related Terms: Botox, Botox Uses, Acne, Chemical Peeling, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Botulinum Toxin, Botulinum Toxin Therapy

I have developed hard lumps on Botox injection sites. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I have been injecting Botox into my forehead for three years now and never had a reaction. Two days ago I visited a different dermatologist and right after the session, I developed hard lumps on every injection site. I returned to the same dermatologist and she told me this is nothing t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, it is difficult to comment. Is there a change in color of skin? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

How to treat spasmodic dysphonia without surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Few years ago I had spasmodic dysphonia. My voice was husky and high pitched. I took medicines and speech therapy. There was slight improvement in my voice but after that my voice is high pitched. I want deeper voice that is manly voice. What should I do? Is there any way to get deeper v...  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spasmodic dysphonia is one of the difficult conditions to treat and patient motivation is most important. Speech therapy is tried always and some benefit is there. Botox injection in spastic muscle will give best results, but speech therapy has to be followed. Botox has c...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have twitching of both the eyelids?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old, my height is 6 feet and I weigh 200 pounds. Is it normal for both the eyelids to twitch? Bottom left eyelid and top right eyebrow twitch whenever I blink. It is worrisome. I drink caffeine but I am well rested. I had a negative brain CT scan done last month. I have ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though the eyelid twitches are very commonly associated with stress and they usually go away on their own without any treatment, the involvement of both eyelids could also be an early sign of blepharospasm which requires treatment. If symptoms are getting worse...  Read Full »

Is surgery advisable for abductor spasmodic dysphonia?
Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from abductor spasmodic dysphonia diagnosed nearly 11 years ago and I have received Botox injections every three to four months since then. Generally, they did work over the years until the last two years or so outcomes have been very poor. The last Botox shots by GA (six un...  Read Full »
Dr. Girish Subash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you have to know that among spasmodic dysphonias, abductor variety is the least common type. In this, your vocal cord is away from the other vocal cord and the muscle is in unrestricted contraction resulting in voiceless or breathy voice. So, the treatment...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hyperhidrosis. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I believe that I have extreme hyperhidrosis. My entire body sweats profusely when I experience even the slightest change in temperature, start exercising and even when I am simply resting. My back, armpits, forehead, and buttock sweat the worst and this affects my entire body. It has prev...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and can well understand your concern. For hyperhidrosis, it is important to rule out causes like anxiety and hyperthyroidism. Other causes may also be present. For this you may visit a physician to get adequately examined and tested. There are var...  Read Full »

Please shed light on medications being taken for follicular cystitis.
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 62 year old male. I get constant pain in my penis and get the feeling of my bladder bursting which I try to relieve by urinating, but when I attempt to urinate, I have to apply a lot of pressure to relieve a minimum of only 30 ml or less of urine. Therefore I am forced to sit on...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a small capacity bladder with irritative and obstructive symptoms. You may require a uroflow to see if your prostate is obstructing or not. I assume that your IVP study is normal and urine AFB has been done on three consecutive days so that tuberculosis has be...  Read Full »

What is the cause of overactive bladder?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 53 years old male. I am suffering from prostate and overactive problems for the past eight years. I did many time ultrasound and cystoscopy. I have inflammation in bladder and prostate. I feel the inflammation and a burning sensation in the urethra. My bladder is overactive. I took ...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a severe case of overactive bladder. From your history, it appears that you have tried out almost all the available treatments for overactive bladder. At present, botox therapy is the least invasive and most efficient in the management of OAB (overactive ...  Read Full »

Anal Fissure: Causes, Prevention, and Treatments.
Article Overview: Pain in the anus is one of the most common complaints encountered in the outpatient clinics. The pain is sometimes described by the patient as 'my worst pain ever. This article provides some suggestions on how to avoid facing this annoying issue by making few dietary and lifestyle changes.  Read Article »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

An anal fissure is a tear or ulcer that develops in the lining of the anal canal after passing a hard motion. Actually, it affects one in ten people at some point in their lives. All age groups and both sexes are affected equally. Causes Constipation is the most common cause either by itself or ...  Read Article »

Will Botox treat a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been told that I have a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder. I feel constant irritation in the bladder and sometimes, my lower abdomen area swells up. I had negative urine cultures, and I have been told Botox may help me, but I can only have 50 % or so strength due to...  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Botox is used for overactive bladder, once oral anticholinergic medication fails to give benefit. Botox gives benefit for 6 to 9 months, so it has to be repeated after a year. There is a risk of detrusor acontractility after injection, for which you might have to use C...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of pronounced laugh lines?
Query: Hello doctor,I have pronounced laugh lines since I was 15, and now I am trying to get rid of them. I tried coconut oil but it is not working. I also have lines around my eyes and I do not know what to do. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the natural structure of your face. You need not worry about it and accept it as such. But, if you are keen on getting it removed, creams or medicines will not help you much. Botox and fillers are the only options. For more information consult a dermatologist...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Botox Injections? We have medical experts to help you right away.