Bottle Feeding

Related Terms: Breast Feeding, Breast Milk, Benefits Of Breastfeeding, Food For Baby, Formula Feeding, Baby Normal Behavior, Diarrhea

How can I make the child wean from breastfeeding to bottle feeding?
Query: Hello doctor, My 7-month-old baby does not want to feed on the bottle. I am currently breastfeeding and I want to feed her Enfamil. What can I do about it? She is not gaining weight. Her weight is consistent at 7.5 kg since she was 4 months old. But she is good. No illness. But my main complaint is...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Bottle feeding is not recommended to any child for long term. You can try spoon feeding. Yes, it will not be easy to shift from breastfeeding to top feed. Should try gradually. As per WHO, the baby should be continued on breastfeeding for a mi...  Read Full »

My 7 year old has fever, loose motion and vomiting. Please advise medicines.
Query: Hello doctor, My 7 and a half year old son is suffering from fever (100+), loose motions and vomiting, headache, backache. He still uses a bottle for milk and once in six months we have to face this situation. Now, we firmly decided to discontinue feeding him by a bottle. Please advise medicines. H...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your child is suffering from acute gastroenteritis, it is a good decision that you have decided to stop bottle feeding. I suggest: Syrup Zinconia (Zinc acetate) 5 ml once daily for 14 days. Enterogermina (probiotic) suspension twice daily for three days. ORS...  Read Full »

Why does my 10 months old son get loose motions frequently?
Query: Hi doctor, My 10 months old son gets loose motions very frequently from the last two months. He was also admitted one time. Again he is having loose motions. I am giving him Econorm sachet. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent diarrhea and infection do occur at this age, as babies put many things in their mouth, which leads to contamination and infection. Hence, you have to take utmost care regarding the hygiene. Secondly, if there is any bottle feeding, please stop it gradually, as t...  Read Full »

Why does my baby poop frequently with gas?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1-month-old daughter. For the past two days, she passes the poop with more gas. I am breastfeeding her (no top milk). She has developed a rash over her genital area. Can you suggest something for her gas problem and frequently pooping with gas? I think pooping frequently causes ...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it happening for the last two days only? Or was it from birth? If it is from birth, then you should go for a stool examination. Or else it will be transient. I hope you are not giving bottle feeding. A rash free ointment can be applied locally. An image of the rash c...  Read Full »

For my 6 weeks old daughter, is it fine to add sugar to formula milk?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 6 weeks old. I am not able to breastfeed her properly due to pain in the breasts. I have expressed milk, but she is not taking that milk and even the formula milk. She wants direct breastfeed milk, and I tried adding some sugar in the formula milk, and she drank the milk. I als...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to use a bottle with a nipple for feeding. Also, you can add honey instead of sugar to milk. It will make it sweet. All formula feeds have more or less the same taste, so there is no use changing formulas. Please give your expressed milk with bottle feed...  Read Full »

My 6 weeks old daughter is suffering from loose motion. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 weeks old and suffering from loose motion. Her stool is yellowish and watery. She is passing stools with a fart. She passed stools for more than 10 times in 4 hours now. She is completely on breastfeeding. She is not pale and her lips are not dry. Also, she has some ra...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks to be your first child. Normally, children below the age of 6 months pass stools 10 to 15 times a day or once in two days. So, do not worry. Please stop using gripe water. It is not recommended. Nothing other than breastmilk is advisable in the first six months....  Read Full »

Which formula milk shall I opt for my baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. Since I had less milk, she was formula fed. But, she developed a gas problem. We keep on switching the brand of formula milk, but it did not suit her. Her doctor advised Colicaid, but she still has issues. Can you please advise which formula milk is good for ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem is not with the formula milk and it is with the way you feed the formula. Generally, gas formation is more if the baby is on bottle feed and somewhat little when baby is breastfed. The problem of gas formation is a common thing as babies tend to take in air...  Read Full »

Can you advise regarding food for a 6 months old?
Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 6 months old. I am a working mother and joining office soon. As a new mom, I am not sure about a healthy food and diet plan to be given to my baby at and after 6 months. Can you advise what all food can be given to a baby initially? Currently, she is having formula milk.  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weaning with homemade mashed food should be started after 6 months of age. You can give the child mashed potatoes and other kinds of mashed fruits for at least four times a day along with mashed biscuits or other mashed snacks twice a day and breast milk. Please note t...  Read Full »

For a 20 months old, how often can we give Bandy plus syrup ?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 20 months old and her weight is only 10.5 kg. She is not increasing her weight. But, she is very active. We had given Bandy syrup for worm problem, but still she keeps her fingers near anus. I would like to know the reason for such behavior. Could you please suggest me wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight of 10.5 kg for 20 months old child seems a little bit less, but not that much of a cause to worry. Syrup Bandy (Albendazole and Ivermectin) can be given every six months once for worms. I would advise that all people living with the child should take a tablet or sy...  Read Full »

My 1 month old baby is suffering from severe gas trouble. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 1 month old. I am having a really tough time both physically and mentally. I hope you can help me out. At around 3 weeks, my baby started having gas trouble. I gave gripe water as per guidance from my parents. When I searched on the internet, I found that it is bad for bab...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be going through a lot of stress with your child. Please calm down. All these phenomena are completely normal till the age of 6 months in every child. I believe this must be your first child and that is why all the confusion. Normal things that every first...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Bottle Feeding? We have medical experts to help you right away.