Botulinum Toxin

Related Terms: Botulinum Toxin Therapy, Chemical Peeling, Acne, Melasma, Botox, Eczema, Alopecia Areata, Hair Fall

What can I do to limit the signs of aging?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male with quite rough skin on my face, which I am not happy with. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice on what I can do to limit the signs of aging, specifically forehead lines and also the dry look on my skin. I think my problem is sun damage. I ha...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can go for Botox (Botulinum toxin) nevertheless I would suggest you to use Cellex C serum and Hydra 5B complex twice daily. It contains vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant, helps in collagen synthesis. Hence, alteration of aging sign and carries no side eff...  Read Full »

Is injectable Botox safe for a patient with Sjogren's syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from Sjogren's syndrome. I have a few questions about safety of cosmetic procedures. Is botox injectable safe? Is ultherapy or laser safe for a patient with Sjogren's? Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Laser is completely safe. Safety of Botox depends on indication. Botox (Botulinum Toxin) is also given in other medical conditions. Please let me know the reason for laser and Botox treatment. The elaborate history will help me to give you better advice. Revert back with...  Read Full »

How to correct a scar that is present between the eyebrows?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a new horizontal scar between my eyebrows, and this has caused a crease when I frown. The scar is not vertical, and it goes through 45% angulation. Can this be fixed?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two things which we can be tried. First is Botox (Botulinum toxin injection) and the second one is scar revision. Scar revision is an OPD (outpatient department) procedure in which the entire scar is excised and sutured with very fine suture, which is not v...  Read Full »

Botox - a Toxin with Great Cosmetic Result for Removing Wrinkles
Article Overview: Wrinkles on the face are often due to expression, which includes frowning, concentrating or smiling. These wrinkles get deeper as we grew old, because of loss of elasticity of our skin. But, with the administration of Botulinum toxin (Botox) our facial muscles are gently relaxed and the wrinkles improve.  Read Article »
Cosmetologist

Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxin derived from Clostridium botulinum. There are eight distinct antigenic serotypes of exotoxins and among these only A and B are used for various medical indications. Exotoxin A is the most commonly used and it is more potent than exotoxin B. How does It work? Botulin ...  Read Article »

What can cause extreme body odor?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a healthy male. My weight is 114 kg and height is 5'7". I am suffering from extreme body odor. Body odor starts few minutes after I take bath, especially from my underarms. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Let me explain the cause and treatment. Excessive sweating is always associated with armpit odor. It can be due to hormones and bacterial reaction. Obesity, diabetes, thyroid, etc., also will cause this. As you are overweight must check t...  Read Full »

A 72-year-old has an uncontrollable shaking of his hand. How can it be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, My father who is 72 years old has a problem of uncontrolled shaking of his right hand for the past three years. The problem has increased over the years and now he finds it difficult to hold the toothbrush also. Some works he can do without much difficulty like riding a scooter, sweep...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the symptoms you have described, your father likely has an "essential tremor." This is a very common neurological condition affecting 4% of the elderly population. Yes, it is not Parkinson' s disease but it has to be differentiated from Parkinson's di...  Read Full »

My daughter is on Phenytoin, but still, she gets seizure. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is suffering from cerebral palsy of right side since birth. It is also called seizure, hemiplegic type. Now she is 24 years old. Her right side of the body, right leg and right hand are not working properly. She walks with staggers with raised heel part of the right leg and ri...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter seems to have right hemiplegia and seizures. The way of walking with raised heel and right arm twisted is increased tone in right-sided limbs suggestive of spasticity and contracture. As you told that she is already on Tablet Eptoin (Phenytoin) 100 mg th...  Read Full »

What is the prognosis of myelopathy associated with Hashimoto’s?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-old female who was diagnosed five years back with the rare I have not had an MRI scan or seen by a neurologist for a follow-up. Since I was diagnosed, I have not been given a prognosis of myelopathy associated with Hashimoto’s. I was paralyzed from the chest down ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your illness. You are likely suffering from Hashimoto's myelopathy based on your description. It is rare condition and only a handful of cases have been described worldwide. It is known to be very steroid responsive and there should be a remarkabl...  Read Full »

I have idiopathic spastic intestinal obstruction. Can you specify the exact location?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a rare disease called idiopathic spastic intestinal obstruction/spastic ileus with chronic, long-term course (barium stays about 40 hours in the small intestine). On a two-balloon endoscopy of the small intestine, colonoscopy with ileoscopy, CT, MRI revealed nothing. So, we can...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition idiopathic spastic intestinal obstruction/spastic ileus is a unique and rare condition indeed. In the barium pictures, the involved area is usually seen like a sudden constriction of a segment of the small or large bowel. The segment involved can be vis...  Read Full »

How Is Slipped Rib Syndrome Managed?
Article Overview: Slipped rib syndrome, also referred to as slipping rib syndrome, clicking rib syndrome, displaced ribs, painful rib syndrome, etc., is a painful condition where the lower ribs slip away from their normal position and move up and down causing a sensation of 'rib slipping.'  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Overview Slipping rib syndrome is a rare condition where the ribs slip from their normal position due to the movement of the ligaments causing abdominal pain or back pain. It may affect persons of any age group following a trauma or surgery. The ribs involved are the eighth, ninth, and tenth ribs ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Botulinum Toxin? We have medical experts to help you right away.