Medical Advice on "Breast Feeding"

The only safe drug that you can take while breastfeeding is tablet Paracetamol 500 mg thrice daily for three days after food. You can do hot water vaporization for nasal congestion. You should avoid taking any other medications till you are breastfeeding. Yes, you can … View thread »

I have seen the reports that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is day 16 of the baby. Bilirubin levels have increased to 15 and it is mainly indirect bilirubinemia. Thyroid-stimulating hormone levels are normal, so hypothyroidism is … View thread »

... misconceptions about breastfeeding, so here are some tips for the new mothers ... … View thread »

You have been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis (bacterial vaginal infection). Metronidazole cream has to be applied vaginally for cure of the infection. Vaginal application leads to absorption of metronidazole, but it is only 2% of the oral dose. Only a small amount … View thread »

First of all, temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit is regarded as fever and not below that. Baby is supposed to be breastfed at all times. However, if the mother is suffering from a disease, it is advised for her to wear a mask and feed. Because, that is the route by … View thread »

I went through your query and the prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most likely your wife might be having throat infection for which she has not received proper treatment. I recommend her to get a test called throat swab culture sensitivity … View thread »

Yes, if you want to use it as an emergency contraceptive, then it is safe during breastfeeding. You can take, but the best contraceptive during breastfeeding is copper-T insertion (intrauterine contraceptive device). For further information consult an obstetrician and … View thread »

This seems to be a viral infection and will most probably be self-limiting in 5 to 10 days. She needs to do gargles with lukewarm saline water (water with salt in it). I advise her to brush the teeth as usual twice a day, especially before going to bed. Ask her to take … View thread »

Definitely, you should be careful about medications whatever you are taking during the lactation period. Because it may affect the baby's health. During pregnancy and after delivery constipation is a common issue. You should try to manage it naturally. Anuloma DS … View thread »

Every drug taken by the mother will affect the baby. Omeprazole has fewer side effects, but it is not thoroughly studied for a breastfeeding mother. So, it is best that you take it on and off. Gallstones do not necessarily require Omeprazole. I suggest you avoid … View thread »

Do you have a question on Breast Feeding? We have medical experts to help you right away.