Breathlessness

Related Terms: ECG, Cough, Chest Pain, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Diabetes, Hypertension

Why is there breathlessness, restlessness, and swollen stomach?
Query: Hello doctor, I have breathlessness, restlessness, swollen stomach, feeling vomiting and constipation.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your health concerns and here is my advice. Swollen stomach could be due to incoming periods taking into account your age and gender, constipation or any other bowel problem, hyperacidity of the stomach. If you are constipated, then, the fecal mas...  Read Full »

Is my breathlessness really due to anxiety?
Query: Hello doctor, Three years ago, on Christmas Eve, I was traveling to my sister's home about 45 minutes from my home. My grandmother gave me a peppermint and as I swallowed it felt as if a piece got stuck in my throat. I got a strong sensation that I could not breathe. When I reached my sister's home,...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have the following recommendations to you. If you really want to help yourself, then start immediately. Quit smoking immediately. Follow a healthy diet and start losing weight. Initially, start with a 10 minute physical exercise and increase it gradually. By that,...  Read Full »

Why does my breathlessness get worse when cocaine wears off?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking cocaine once a week for 20 years and on the 1st of last month, I started getting a cough and breathless. It was getting worse when the cocaine wore off. Anyway, I had an ECG which was clear and a 24-hour tape also clear. CT scan on lungs clear. Then I had an ultraso...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, cocaine has got a wide range of effects on the heart. So, hypokinesia means there is some damage to the heart which may be due to cocaine or may be due to coexistent coronary artery disease. So, you will need coronary angiography preferably, conventional and...  Read Full »

How to treat breathlessness in a metastatic breast cancer patient?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is oxygen dependent because of pleurodesis since 1 month. She is suffering from breathlessness after talc pleurodesis. She has metastatic breast cancer with distant spread to the lung and liver. There is residual pleural effusion along with bilateral lower lobe consolidation. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) including your CT scan. It is very sad to be in such a situation with multiple problems. Metastatic breast cancer with underlying lung comorbidities is the cause of her breathlessness. Overal...  Read Full »

I experience severe breathlessness when I walk a bit. What could be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor, It started with loose motions 15 days ago and slight fever for few minutes, followed by severe sweating. Loose motions were controlled with some medications. After five days, suddenly I had whole-body flushing where the whole body felt hot from inside. It started from the head, cheeks,...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All complaints except allergic rhinitis appear to be related to anxiety and depression. Just relax, you are normal as far as your body is concerned. You can continue your depression medications. I suggest taking Fluticasone nasal spray, one spray in each nostril 12 hou...  Read Full »

Why do I have breathlessness while walking?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a normal healthy individual with a sedentary lifestyle. I weigh 67 kg and my height is 165 cm. I am experiencing some breathlessness of late when I walk. Hence, I am trying to understand if there is something wrong in me. My annual medical checkup (over the last 3 years) show my c...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Singla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know about your diet? Do you have any allergies? Do you smoke? My suggestion would be to reduce saturated fats and trans fats intake in your diet. Start taking tablet Rozave...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for breathlessness while sleeping.
Query: Hello doctor,My nephew 16 years old is getting breathlessness for 10 to 15 seconds while sleeping for the last 20 days. Our doctor prescribed a course of antibiotics and it is finished. The problem is still the same. Our house is located just beside a busy and dusty road. Please help and give your v...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, most likely your nephew has sleep terror disorder in which he experiences attacks of racing heart eats, rapid breathing, and may be sweating. It is important that he has no memory of it and he is difficult to be a...  Read Full »

Why does my cousin have breathlessness on climbing stairs?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a 21 year old cousin, who is 181 cm tall and weighs 120 kg. He has slight breathlessness when he climbs stairs. He does not have any other health complaints and does regular health checkup. Please take a look at the attached test reports and kindly let us know what has to be done...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through his reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found the following issues worth mentioning. As his weight is 120 kgs, his BMI (body mass index) is around 37, which comes to severe obesity. In the lipid profile, his HDL (high-density ...  Read Full »

Can deviated nasal septum cause breathlessness?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have been experiencing breathlessness. It happens mostly when I am idle or lying down. I feel no discomfort while running. But, I feel like I am short of breathe when I sit idle. I am a 23 year old male. I am reasonably fit. I do not smoke, although I drink occasionally and mo...  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you experience breathlessness while being idle and not during exercise suggests an airway problem. Supportive to this, you also suffer from a deviated nasal septum, which may cause nasal obstruction and that may sometimes cause breathlessness. Pat...  Read Full »

Is there any relationship between breathlessness and trouble to swallow?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 years old female. I am suffering from breathlessness and cough since several months. Finally, I consulted a GP 20 days ago and had several tests done. They are TSH, lipid profile, CBP, chest x-ray, lung function test, liver and kidney functioning, blood sugar, urine test and ECG...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. Your problems are related. Basic derangement in your body can be classified into three main issues. Hypothyroidism. Anemia (low iron). Vitamin B12 and D deficiency. To correct hypothyroidism you have started Thyronorm (Levothyroxine Sodium), w...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Breathlessness? We have medical experts to help you right away.