Bromhexine

Related Terms: Bronchodilator, Wheezing, Guaifenesin, Montelukast, Terbutaline, Amoxicillin, Antihistamines

Query: Hi, My one year old son has been coughing for 3 days now. I spoke to his paediatrician. She asked me to give him bromhexine and kofarest. I tried both but it did not work. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. For cough in a one year old child, the given medications by his paediatrician are sufficient. But before giving cough medication, I suggest you to take him for an examination by the doctor to look for any signs of throat infection and to examine his lungs to look for a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 years 10 months old boy is suffering from fever, severe cough, and running nose from the last four days. Then from the last two days, he is having a high-grade temperature like 102, 103 and then started antibiotic from the last two days (Klacid). Fever has not reduced with Parace...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This mostly looks like a viral fever. Viral fever usually subsides in up to five days. Also, the X-ray picture is suggestive of mild bronchitis. For a cough and cold, you can give syrup Asthakind (Bromhexine, Menthol) and syrup Sinarest (Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine ma...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with flu five days back, it started with a productive cough and then progressed to body aches and fever. Body aches and high fever lasted for about 24 to 36 hours, but I have a constant low-grade fever. I started to feel better after three days, but the coughing was so...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is just phlegm and nothing else. Do not worry, such kind of a productive cough is common in viral bronchitis. Your treatment is going right. I would just suggest the addition of a bronchodilator syru...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Babu
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My 2 year old breathes as if he ran a marathon, coughs a lot and I hear a wheezing sound.  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your 2 year old has breathing difficulty with infection, usually it represents pneumonia. I would like to know in detail: Since how long?Any history of fever?Past similar history?What investigations were done?A family history of asthma or allergy? May I suggest: ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have been coughing up green phlegm for a few days. Now, it started to hurt my chest. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand very well the symptoms you describe above in your query. Productive cough, especially when mucus turns gray, yellow or brown indicates a bacterial infection of your respiratory tract. In too many cases, high temperature is also found. You have chest pain too...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old daughter has got running nose. But, there is no fever or chest block. This is the second time in this month. She sleeps with little noise from the nose. Is it dangerous for 2 years 3 months old to get a running nose? Can blocked nose cause the child to choke at night?...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few points to be noted here. When the nose is blocked, air entry is achieved through the mouth which stays open. So, there is no choking with blocked nose. However, this may disturb the sleep of the child. Recurrent episodes of a cough and cold without fever,...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I am having problems of chest congestion from the last two to three months. Prescribed Allegra was quite soothing by the doctor. I was relieved for at least a month, and the problem has been declining since then. There was nothing concerning with the x-ray report, and ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is allergic rhinitis and allergic airway disease. That is why you have responded to Allegra (Fexofenadine). This headache also occurs due to nasal congestion. First, you need to identify ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and a perforated eardrum. Initially, I was diagnosed with a viral respiratory infection and followed by ear infection in a two days. I have been taking antibiotics for three days now. I have a lot of fluid continuing to seep from my ear. How lon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears with your history that you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that has complicated into an ear infection. Usually, once the antibiotic course starts, the problem should resolve within three to four days and completely by five to sev...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.  Read Full »
Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first. Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days.  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Bromhexine? We have medical experts to help you right away.