Bupropion

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Antidepressants, Clonazepam, Low Libido, Tadalafil, Anti Anxiety Drugs

Is it safe to take Bupropion and Nexipride together?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with the somatic symptom disorder. While in anxious situations, it feels like paralysis or nervous breakdown might happen. Also, my hands become cold and my forehead becomes hot. Since the past 1 year, I am on Etizola Beta (Etizolam 0.5 and Propranolol 20) on a total of f...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no interaction between Bupropion and Nexipride (Levosulpiride); hence, no safety issue arises with this combination. Amisulpride is commonly added as an adjunct medication for synergistic effect. Instead, the point which should be taken into consideration is t...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to take Tadalafil and Bupropion together?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking Tadalafil as we are trying to conceive a child. I used to take Sildenafil Citrate but switched to Tadalafil a few months back. There are certain days when besides taking Tadalafil or Sildenafil I am unable to maintain an erection. This could be either due to low ...  Read Full »
Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to know the frequency of intercourse and the days on which you are trying for pregnancy. I mean, do you have sex every day during those days? Once every other day?  Read Full »

Would it be dangerous to take Cardarine while on Nardil?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on 90 mg of Nardil (Phenelzine), which has proven to be a miracle drug for me. I have found over the years that many drugs you are supposed to avoid while on MAOIs are really acceptable. For instance, in order to counteract the daytime sleepiness side effect, I am actu...  Read Full »
Dr. Danish Qureshi
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Yes, you are right. Bupropion is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) as it may cause seizures. Daytime sleepiness is very hard to avoid, but you may try some natural stimulants like green tea and if needed you c...  Read Full »

I suffer from headaches, insomnia, depression and anxiety. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from headaches for the past 80 days. I smoked four cigarettes every night and two every day early in the morning for 30 days, and then I stopped it with nicotine gum. From the past 160 days, I am suffering from insomnia. Five days after I quit smoking, I started ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Bupropion can worsen the headache. As of now, you can increase the dose of Amitriptyline, Propranolol, and Flunarizine after consulting your treating doctor. Meanwhile, you can use Naproxen or Sumatriptan fo...  Read Full »

Why is Wellbutrin not showing its effects any more in a depression patient?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old with height 5'8", weight 120 kg, and married. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for the past 12 years. One day I was driving to college and suddenly got a panic attack all of a sudden for the first time. I was really scared and thought I would die. I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. The doses of Wellbutrin (Bupropion) are towards higher side and dose of Seroxat CR (Paroxetine) is towards lower side, while benzodiazepine is also towards higher side, but it can be gradually tapered to lowe...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best option to quit smoking.
Query: Hi doctor, Among Nicotine gum, Bupron and Varenicline, which is better for quit smoking? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All three have different indications. Still Varenicline is best to control smoking. They are known to reduce craving. Bupropion is preferred, if associated depressive symptoms present. Nicotine gum or patch preferred, if person is not able to control desire by above th...  Read Full »

Which antidepressant is less likely to cause hyperhidrosis?
Query: Hello doctor,Every antidepressant I take causes me a lot of hyperhidrosis. Which one on the market is less likely to cause hyperhidrosis? Fluoxetine?  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the propensity of an antidepressant medicine to cause hyperhidrosis differs on a patient to patient basis, Mirtazapine and Bupropion are less likely to cause it. You can also discuss with the treating psychiatrist regarding adding Cyproheptadine or Benztropine...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of severe depression with anxiety?
Query: Hello doctor, I have severe depression alternating with severe anxiety. I have tried many medicines. Currently, I am taking 40 gm Prozac in the morning and 30 mg of Remeron at bedtime. But during the day, I am a nervous basket case. No doctors will give me any Benzodiazepine for some reason. I have...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, you can discuss with treating psychiatrist regarding the following options: Increasing dose of Prozac (Fluoxetine). Substituting Prozac with Prestiq (Desvenlafaxine), Wellbutrin (Bupropion) or Zoloft (Sertraline). You can also opt for concurrent C...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for bad taste in my mouth coupled with constipation?
Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago, I started Wellbutrin SR. I started with a dose of 100 mg in the first week. In the second week, I went up to 200 mg following doctor's orders. The doctor also prescribed Trazodone 100 mg at night when needed for sleep. I stopped taking Trazodone because I felt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your unpleasant taste in the mouth could be due to one of the two reasons listed below:  Phentermine itself known for this side effect Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and OCPs (oral contraceptive pills) can make GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and/or gast...  Read Full »

Will my anxiety relapse if I stop SSRI?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a male who was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and social anxiety, eight years back. Initially, I was prescribed Paxil 20 mg, which helped treat my anxiety and depression but I started having side effects of weight gain, fatigue, and sexual dysfunction. When I st...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paroxetine acts on multiple receptors, and it is known for its withdrawal effects of weight gain due to its antihistaminic and anticholinergic action.SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) can cause significant sexual dysfunction. Usually, Bupropion along with SSR...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Bupropion? We have medical experts to help you right away.