C-reactive Protein

Related Terms: Crp, Esr, Fever, Complete Blood Count, High Hs-crp, Viral Infection, Diabetes

Why is there sudden raise in CRP levels in my child although no signs are present?
Query: Hello doctor, Is it possible for C-reactive protein level to raise from 6 to 15.9 in 24 hours in my child, although there are no signs of sepsis?  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. C-reactive protein (CRP) is a marker of infection and inflammation anywhere in the body. It takes at least six hours for CRP to raise in the blood, once the infection starts and it continues to raise up to 24 hours at least. Though there are no signs of infection clini...  Read Full »

I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My blood test results are as follows: hsCRP is 3.48, SGPT is 63.1, GGT is 85.6, and lipoprotein (a) is 47.1. Rest of the 80 odd blood tests are in the normal range. Should I follow up with any tests? Is there anything to worry about, especially regarding my he...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your weight and high BMI (body mass index). This leads to accumulation of fat in the liver, which causes an elev...  Read Full »

What does high hs-CRP indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, Eight months back my hs-CRP level was 3.86 mg/L and CRP was 0.24 mg/dl. One month later hs-CRP was tested again and it was 0.4 mg/dL. My ESR also seems to be higher along with lipoprotein. Please advise the treatment. Is there any further investigation for high hs-CRP. What high hs-CRP ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) indicated your risk to cardiac issues. Your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) have to be correlated with your clinical symptoms. These reports alone cannot give you any conclusion. I need to ...  Read Full »

Can high lipoprotein and hs-CRP cause cardiac problems?
Query: Hi doctor, I had high hs-CRP of 3.86 around 8 months back. I have got it rechecked and it has gone even higher to 5.36. I have attached the reports of blood test done a couple of days back. This blood test report includes other tests too apart from hs-CRP. I have previously been advised that high ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding the raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These biomarkers are predictors of future events. They tell you that there is an inflammatory state tha...  Read Full »

My CRP level is 8.3. Does it mean anything serious?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male. I lately made blood and urine test to check my kidneys and liver. Thankfully, I found everything to be within the normal range except for the C-reactive protein serum, and it was 8.3 mg/L. I would like to know what that mean. Also, I am feeling cramps in my stomac...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your reports are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) except CRP (c-reactive protein). It is a marker of inflammation in the body. It indicates that some damage is going on in the body and your case it is because of smoking. It also indicates t...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for my son's continuous fever.
Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 15 years old, is suffering from fever. He has constant 100 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit of fever with throat pain for the last 15 days. Blood tests indicate negative for malaria and typhoid.  We consulted an ENT specialist and he indicated tonsillitis. My son is taking Movac...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be helpful if you do a CBC (complete blood count) and CRP (C-reactive protein). From that we can understand the level of infection. Also, tonsillitis can also be so severe that it may last for up to 10 days. Betadine gargle three times a day with warm water fo...  Read Full »

My hs-CRP is high. Am I in danger?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently did a complete blood test. In the report, it was detected hs-CRP 3.8 mg. My age is 36, and my weight is 103 kg. Please advise how it can be lowered and do am in danger zone.  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are worried about your health, but no need for much worries. Your CRP (C-reactive protein) is a little increased, but it is not a particular biomarker for cardiovascular diseases. Some other factors can cause it to increase like arthritis or infection....  Read Full »

I have joint pain since delivery, especially in my hands. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 33 and since having my baby a year ago I am suffering from joint pain, especially in my wrists and fingers. I have pins and needles sensation at times and writing is becoming difficult. I just got my reports and have elevated CRP and low folate. Any idea what could be wrong?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have pain in the small joints of your body with an elevated CRP (C-reactive protein) level. I suggest you go for an investigation to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. Do anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide) and RF (Rheumatoid factor)...  Read Full »

My doctor advised Humira for RA. Is that right?
Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I was diagnosed with RA. I believe that there is more going on. I am currently taking Methotrexate 20 mg once a week, Folic acid 1 mg daily, Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg daily and Cyclobenzaprine 10 mg twice a day. Also, I just began taking Celecoxib 200 mg for pain. I saw the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: The C-reactive protein level is highly elevated indicating ongoing high level of damage in the tissues of the body. Now, the immediate need is to reduce inf...  Read Full »

Can my 3 year old son lead a normal life after sepsis?
Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son was diagnosed with sepsis with SIRS, three days back. But, now his WBC and C-reactive protein are within limits. Will he have sepsis again? He frequently gets wheezing and allergic cough. He is currently taking Amclav.  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sepsis means infection in the blood. If the investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine culture, blood culture, CRP (C-reactive protein) are normal, it means that the child has been treated for this infection. Usually, this happens because of infections, whi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on C-reactive Protein? We have medical experts to help you right away.