C-section

Related Terms: Pregnancy, Pregnancy Complications, Vaginal Birth, Cesarean Section Advice, Normal Delivery, Vaginal Bleeding, Back Pain

How does C-section affect the tubal ligation procedure?
Query: Hi doctor, I had my tubal ligation over a year ago during my fifth C-section. The doctor told me that he had a difficult time doing it because of all the scar tissue and my tubes were stuck to my ovaries. I have been worried this whole year because he did not act real confident. How does scar tissue...  Read Full »
Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Repeated cesarean section give rise to adhesions in the abdominal cavity. That means, during healing process the internal organ develop adhesions and they stick to each other. The likelihood of the operation could be tested by doing hysterosalpingography (HSG) wh...  Read Full »

Is it fine to go for abortion six years after C-section?
Query: Hi doctor, I am seven weeks pregnant and I want to do abortion but I had a baby boy with a C-section six years ago. So I just wanted to know if I can abort.  Read Full »
Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. If you have decided for abortion, you can undergo but under strict supervision. You have to consult your gynecologist, confirm the gestational age. Up to eight weeks, medical termination is possible. But better to be under admission to pre...  Read Full »

I got fever after c-section. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a month ago. I was in induced pain for over 16 hours and had spiked fever due to the medicines which continued after surgery along with night sweats. I was advised to take Dolo 650 and Augmentin 1000 Duo, which I continued to take for 10 to 15 days. But, I was not gettin...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist. Also, get your wound and breasts be examined by the gynecologist. Usually, this could be due to breast issues or some wound infection. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. Take care. For f...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to drink water after a C-section?
Query: Hi doctor, Are we allowed to drink water after a cesarean section? If not, what happens to the body if you drink water?  Read Full »
Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. Water is not prohibited after C-section. However, drinking water or any fluids is delayed right after CS because you are expected to lie down flat on the bed at least eight hours after the operation to avoid post anesthesia side effect of a sp...  Read Full »

We have been suggested for C-section after 36 weeks. Shall we proceed?
Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my wife is 37 weeks pregnant. The growth scan shows that the fetal growth is 34 weeks 5 days. So, our doctor is suggesting for C-section after about a week's time to avoid any suffocation to the fetus. Is it fine to get a C-section during the fetal growth of about 36 weeks? Plea...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way to determine the time of delivery is by doing a fetal Doppler. If the Doppler shows reversal of flow, then immediate cesarean is needed. The best person to advice about this is the person seeing or doing the ultrasound and if the person is a gynecologist. How...  Read Full »

Why am I having heavy hair fall post C-section delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I had two C-sections and within a gap of 2.8 months post delivery, I had heavy hair fall. So I took Lycopodium 15 drops twice a day for 15 days and simultaneously used a mixture of Jaborandi, Amla, and Arnica with coconut oil. For few months hair fall was less but suddenly again I star...  Read Full »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start Sepia 30 five pills in the morning, noon, and then Wiesbaden 200 five pills at bedtime. Arnica mother tincture 10 drops in coconut oil (amount for one use) mix it and apply in hair roots thrice in a week. Apart from these, Fenugreek seeds are good for hai...  Read Full »

I am suffering from low blood pressure after C-section. How to deal with that?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a week ago and got out of surgery with low blood pressure and kept it low for a few days. Now, after getting out of the hospital, I still feel the same pressure on my chest. Also, I feel a horrible pounding headache. It is so hard and I feel the heartbeats vividly. I am...  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As said by you, a cesarean section has been done for you a week ago and during the operation, your BP was on the lower side. I would like to tell you that amount and volume of blood in a mother increases significantly during pregnancy to support the nutritional need of...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for back pain following C-section?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I had a cesarean delivery before eight years. Since then, I have been having some light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular every day now. It pains clearly when it is pressed. Also, in the last few we...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. After cesarean section every woman experiences back pain for a few months, which is related to the surgery and spinal anesthesia. During surgery some of the nerves get cut while giving incision and...  Read Full »

Why am I getting low back pain after C-section?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. I had a C-section before 8 years. Occasionally since then, I am having light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular now. Especially, in the lower back on the both sides of center bone. I can localize the p...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having sciatic root pains from the lumbar region (back), which is giving you back pain and the pain is radiating towards the leg. You need to do MRI lumbosacral region. You also need to do work up for arthritis, which includes ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation...  Read Full »

What are the risks in pregnancy following two C-sections?
Query: Hi doctor, A couple of days before I found out that I am pregnant. According to the first day of last menstrual period, I am about four and a half weeks pregnant. This is my fourth pregnancy. I had an ectopic pregnancy before four years. Then gave a birth after a year through emergency cesarean and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think your GP has guided you correctly. Abortion can be associated with complications, some of which may be major. Your gynecologist informed you about your weak uterine scar. So, continuation of pregnancy can be risky as well. In my opinion you should consult y...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on C-section? We have medical experts to help you right away.