Caffeine Induced Sleep Disorder

Related Terms: Sleep Disturbances, Lack Of Sleep, Meditation, Sleep Hygeine, Insomnia, Addiction, Amitriptyline.

Are you addicted to tea/coffee? - Caffeine addiction and its implications
Article Overview: This article deals with caffeine addiction and its implications.It also deals in detail about symptoms and treatment of caffeine addiction.  Read Article »
Dr. Surabhi
General Medicine Physician

Use of caffeine rich food dates back to at-least 350 A.D. when the cultivation of tea started in China. Not only tea but consumption of Coffee also dates back to about middle of 17th century. Since then there has been no looking back and consumption of both tea and coffee has increased by leaps and ...  Read Article »

My sister has a headache that does not subside with pain medications. Please help.
Query: Hello, My sister has headaches from the last six months. Earlier, it was random, but from the last two months, it is continuous. The MRI is normal and no medicines are working. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a migraine or tension type headache. Please revert with the following details: Are the headaches one-sided or on both sides?  Are the headaches pulsating in nature?  Is the frequency daily or intermittent?  Is it associated with nausea or vomiting? Reve...  Read Full »

I get paranoid and scared when I am alone in a dark room. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, If my wife sleeps before me, I get paranoid and then cannot sleep till morning. I am generally paranoid when I am alone or in dark, otherwise. everything is normal with me. When I was a kid around 6 years old, I was attacked by a relative who was supposed to be possessed by a ghost. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best option is to consult a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist in-person, for a detailed evaluation. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can then be used for treatment. Practice relaxation techniques like breathing exercises daily. PMR (progressive muscle relaxat...  Read Full »

Lifestyle Modification for Sleep Disorders: An Effective Form of Non-pharmacological Treatment
Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that, treating a sleep disorder by good sleep hygiene, or practicing good sleep habits is as effective as medicinal treatment with less chances of side effects .  Read Article »
Dr. Hitesh Sharma
Sleep Medicine Physician

A sleep disorder is a form of psychiatric disorder of the sleep patterns. The poor sleep quality can be either due to deficit in sleep i.e, insomnia or excessive sleep i.e, hypersomnia. Sleep Hygiene: Treating a sleep disorder by good sleep hygiene or practicing good sleep habits is ...  Read Article »

Is it possible to self-induce a muscle twitch in BFS?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a minor hamstring injury last month and currently, I am receiving physical therapy. In addition, I visited a neurologist for peripheral neuropathy in my foot. Last year my neurologist diagnosed me with benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS). After the injury, I am getting twitches i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and I understand your concern. A person with BFS or ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) cannot induce twitching. These are automatically produced and cannot be in fact controlled by oneself. I need few more details in view to help you better. I have...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Caffeine Induced Sleep Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away.