Calamine

Related Terms: Levocetirizine, Allergy, Lacto Calamine, Skin Rashes, Itching, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Alt

What should I apply for anal itching?
Query: Hello doctor, I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a f...  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should apply Calamine lotion at the place where it is itching thrice a day for a week and take tablet Loratadine 10 mg once a day for a week. I would like to review after a week and please send me the picture of it. Revert back with the photographs to an internal ...  Read Full »

How to treat hot water burns in a kid?
Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old baby spilled extremely hot water on his right feet. The skin became red immediately. I put Aloe vera gel and silver nitrate ointment. It is better now. But, he is suffering from burning and pain. Kindly let me know what are the other medications and other precautions tha...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to start applying Linical (Calamine) lotion every hourly until the burning settles down. You also need to apply T-Bact (Mupirocin Topical) or Mupi (Mupirocin) or Nadibact Cream (Nadifloxacin Topical) thrice daily after applying the Linical lotion. You can a...  Read Full »

I am bitten by something and the area looks red. How can I be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, Three days ago, I think I was bitten by something in my sleep. It does not seem to subside on its own so I am not sure what to do. The area looks red and is kind of warm. It feels like a bruise. I do not have any fever or weakness. I feel like this is something serious but I am not su...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be Paederus dermatitis. You can try Linical lotion (calamine) along with hydrocortisone cream. Apply them twice daily on the affected area. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-on...  Read Full »

I developed a rash after getting a massage. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I developed a rash after receiving a massage at a local massage center. What can I do about this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you try taking the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Zinc oxide and Calamine lotion topically. Tablet Zyrtec (Cetirizine). The Calamine will soothe the area, prevent itching ...  Read Full »

What can I do for scrotal bumps that occur after walking a lot?
Query: Hi doctor, I have these white bumps on my scrotum. They are pretty much like pimples with pus in them. They only show up on warm days and when I walk a lot throughout the day. I am using Calamine lotion at night and in a day they completely go away. They do not hurt, but it just feels like a rash. I...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of friction blister with superimposed fungal infection especially candidal. Sweating and friction lead to maceration, which is responsible for this disease. Instead of Calamine, I suggest Clotrimazole powder two to three times daily. It will not only acts ag...  Read Full »

Why am I having rashes all over the body?
Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes all over the body from sauna visits I guess. I first noticed it three days ago. It started as bumps on ears and now they are all over my back, chest, neck, top of feet, knees and upper legs. Currently, I am taking Benadryl pills and topical cream.  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. It is an allergic reaction to the temperature and lights used in the sauna (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please use Calamine lotion. Apply twice daily for seven days. Also, apply 1 % Hydrocortisone cream on as many lesi...  Read Full »

How to recover fast from chickenpox?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from chickenpox for the past five days. Now, the blisters have become blackish. What shall I do for a fast recovery?  Read Full »
Dr. Mayank Agarwal
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox is a self-resolvable condition. Make sure to decontaminate the bedding and clothing as falling of blisters results in virus dissemination. For itching, apply antihistamine lotions like Caladryl (Calamine with Diphenhydramine). If you have children at home, ma...  Read Full »

My kid has little bumps on her finger. Is it an insect bite?
Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 2 years and seven months old. From five days, she has little bumps on her finger and she is having an itching sensation especially during nights. This happened after she played with clay in the garden. I am assuming it to be some insect bite. I am not sure though. Please adv...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is a strong probability of some sort of insect bite. I suggest giving her syrup Atarax 2 ml (Hydroxyzine) twice a day for two days. Keep watch, she might feel sleepy after Atarax. Apply calamine lotion locally. If the swelling does not disappear in two d...  Read Full »

What medicine can control itching after being bitten by a hairy caterpillar?
Query: Hello doctor, I was itching all of a sudden today while eating dinner. I thought it would be a normal itch, so resisted itching. After around 70 minutes, when I itched on my groin and thigh area, it started itching too much and when I saw under my shorts, it was full of mosquito bite like appe...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The insect could possibly be a kind of caterpillar commonly called as blanket worms. One may get reactions to its sting with rashes and urticaria. Apply Calosoft AF (Calamine, Al...  Read Full »

Are child's skin rashes due to viral infection or allergy?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old and has developed rashes on face and few on his hands. He has no fever and is fresh playing around. He went out to farm with family and zoo last week, and since yesterday he started developing few rashes. He was having very low fever a couple days back but recove...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably may be a viral infection like hand foot and mouth disease. Do not worry. Please give syrup Crocin (250 mg/5 ml), 3 ml SOS, if the temperature is above 100 F. As for the rash, please apply Calamine lotion. It should be better in a few days time.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Calamine? We have medical experts to help you right away.