Calculus

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Renal Calculi, Dental Plaque, Kidney Stones, Gingivitis, Swollen Gums

I have 5 mm calculus in calyx and ureter. What has to be done?
Query: Hello doctor, I contacted you last year with a stone problem which was stuck in my VUJ and came out after taking your medicine. Now since two days, I again have similar symptoms like before, but this time on the left side. I have severe pain with fever in between. I also have frequent urination wit...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The size of the calculus in the ureter is 6 mm (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This may also come out on its own. So, we will try with medicines as last time. You, please take tablet Veltam (Tamsulosin) 0.4 mg every night for two weeks, tablet Levof...  Read Full »

Can gall bladder calculi be treated with medicines?
Query: Hello doctor,My mother's ultrasound has been done. As the report says gall bladder is normally distended with normal wall thickness. Multiple tiny calculi are seen. CBD is of normal caliber. No intraluminal calculi noted. Impression: > Cholelithiasis > Hepatomegaly with moderate fatty changes ...  Read Full »
Dr. Madhav
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cholelithiasis or gallstones are very common. It is something you should not lose sleep over. However, I would like to know why did your mother undergo an ultrasound? Did she have pain or post-meal dyspepsia? Whilst this condition cannot be treated with medicines, th...  Read Full »

What are the Ayurveda medicines to remove kidney stones?
Query: Hi doctor, I have two tiny kidney stones of size 3 mm in my left kidney. Is there any ayurvedic medicine to treat kidney stones? Can you please suggest some medicines so that the stones pass in my urine easily.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Renal calculus can be removed easily by ayurvedic medicines. As you mentioned 3 mm sized two stones is present in your left kidney, the size of the stone is small and easy to remove. I suggest you try taking the following. Gokshuradi Guggulu, one tablet twice daily. ...  Read Full »

I am getting severe and consistent pain in the abdomen. What could be wrong?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My height is 5'9", and weight is 130 lbs. I am not due my period anytime soon, and I am on birth control. For the past few days, I have been getting severe pains in the bottom of my abdomen. It started a few days ago with sharp pains on the right side just up a bit. By ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be ureteric calculus if the pain is sharp and shooting or a renal stone dislodged from the place. You need to get an ultrasound done to rule out any pathology. It needs further physical examination as it could just even be a muscular spasm, which happens ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for stone in the urinary tract?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same. Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone. Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastr...  Read Full »

What can be done to whiten yellow teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have teeth of yellowish color. How can I whiten it?  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanga Kesavan
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to calculus deposit on the tooth surface. Please visit your dentist for scaling and if you get any further deposits even after scaling, you must go for polishing your tooth to get a white surface.  Read Full »

Can my gallbladder stones be dissolved without surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Few soft echogenic calculi with sludge are seen in my gallbladder lumen, one of which measures approximately 14.1 mm. What should I do to dissolve them without surgery?  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to say, but dissolving calculi of this size is impossible. Gallstones get dissolved spontaneously if the size is less than 5 mm. You should consult a surgical gastroenterologist. Till then, I suggest you try the following: Tablet Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 30...  Read Full »

What could cause throbbing tooth pain?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have been under tremendous amounts of stress and following that, I have started to notice my bottom front tooth has started to feel slightly abnormal. It sits further back from the rest. Recently, it feels like something has trapped between the teeth and throbs now and then. T...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dentist removes only the calculus deposits, which are highly infectious and cause recession of gums in front teeth. He cannot remove enamel of any tooth while deep cleaning. You should maintain your gum hygiene by using a mild mouthwash or warm salt water gargle thric...  Read Full »

What is the hard yellow thing accumulated in lower teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a hard yellow thing accumulated in lower four teeth near gums. I do not know what it is? It just happened a few days ago.  Read Full »
Dr. Vijeta Singh
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard yellow deposit is calculus (mineral deposits) on lower teeth which are receding your gum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be apical periodontitis and/or apical periodontitis with abfraction. Please share a good picture just focusing o...  Read Full »

How to easily overcome bad breath?
Query: Hello doctor, How do I stay free from bad breath?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes for halitosis (bad breath) are: Calculus (tartar) deposits on the teeth due to poor oral hygiene. Periodontitis - gum problem. Food impaction inside the decayed teeth. Debris on the tongue. Systemic causes such as gastritis. Temporary cause like intake of...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Calculus? We have medical experts to help you right away.