Candida Infection

Related Terms: Clotrimazole, Fungal Infection, Fluconazole, Antifungal, Itraconazole, Candid B Cream, Sertaconazole

I have a bump in penis and difficulty in swallowing after unprotected sex. Is it candida infection?
Query: Hello doctor,I had previously been on syphilis treatment and it healed but yet I had unprotected sex with a lady and she has a vaginal yeast infection and I am starting to see a straight like a bump on the tip of my penis and am also having difficulty swallowing. Then I found white thick stuff at th...  Read Full »
Dr. Magesh T
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaints. It looks like you been having some fungal infection in the tongue which comes only when your immune system is a bit compromised. It also seems that you had been on treatment for syphilis. I want you to know that in syphilis the treatment depends on...  Read Full »

I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. I am 41 years old, an average height of 5 feet 9 inches and 74 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms are indicating candida infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Should determine by stool culture and sensitivity testing for candida. Plus, should run upper endoscopy to rule out acid reflux. For the moment, I advise taking probiotics to stabilize intestin...  Read Full »

How long does it take to treat candida albicans?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with candida albicans in the throat through an endoscopy. I had a sore throat in the beginning and was misdiagnosed and given antibiotics which made things worse. I have been on Nystatin twice a day 5 ml each and Betadine twice a day for two weeks now. I have als...  Read Full »
Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Since already you have been diagnosed with candida infection there is no problem in taking one more tablet of Diflucan if you do not have any other comorbid conditions. If you want you can also try Clotrimazole oral paint for the same. The time taken depends upon your i...  Read Full »

I have white smelly discharge and blisters in private part. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my private part. Several months ago, I noticed that I am having a white smelly discharge. I only have one sexual partner and I fail to visit a doctor due to my busy schedule. And now after shaving, I had some blisters and it is painful. My groin is starting to...  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white smelly discharge from your genitals is suggesting candida infection. The small blisters are due to razor burn as it has been very irritated locally. Keep good local hygiene. Apply Polysporin (Bacitracin and Polymyxin B) cream locally in the morning. Take Clot...  Read Full »

What is the skin infection present in the inner thigh?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin infection in my inner thighs. It burns and itches a lot. Even, the slightest touch triggers the itching. I have been applying Clotrimazole for the past two days. On using it, the itching stops. But again, I have itching after a few hours. I have the infection in my inner th...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a candida infection in the groin area, called tinea cruris. Use Clotrimazole ointment twice daily for ten days. Take Itraconazole 100 mg orally once daily for ten days. Keep th...  Read Full »

I am getting white vaginal discharge. Is it due to ovulation or infection?
Query: Hi doctor, My vaginal opening is white, and I have so much of discharge coming out. I am sexually active. I feel like my vagina is really large. I looked at my underwear and it was just filled with a paste-like discharge. I know I am ovulating. But I am worried when I look down there as I see a whi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The white discharge is thick curdy. Candida infection causes the same. However, in the absence of itching or foul smell, it is recommended that you get a high vaginal swab culture test ...  Read Full »

Can a morning-after pill cause a yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor, Can a morning-after pill cause a yeast infection? I took it two days ago and today I began to have an irritation and itch in my vagina. I bought a cream to help it, but I just want to know what could have happened that could have caused this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possibilities in your case scenario: Morning-after pill-induced vaginal dryness and irritation. As this is a hormone, it can cause these symptoms. But these symptoms are transient and should disappear within a week. Sexually transmitted candida infection ...  Read Full »

Could you let me know the reasons for excessive white vaginal discharge?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting excessive white discharge out of my vagina. It is leaving white streaks in my innerwear. It has has a minor yeast smell. But, I do not feel itchy or burning sensation. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had given a few more details like your age, menstrual cycle, any other medical problems and sexual history. I will give the list of possibilities and their management here. It is most probably a candida infection, thick white curdy di...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for frequent sputum without cough?
Query: Hello doctor, I have no cough but sputum comes out while getting up in the morning and also same comes out 5 to 10 times in a day. Cough color is white. No other problem.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Sputum coming out while getting up in the morning could be related to any stomach issue especially if you are having acid reflux or other hyperacidity problems of the stomach. If you have been taking any antibiotic recently, candida infecti...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for redness and pain on the glans.
Query: Hello doctor, I have redness and pain on the glans with whitish skin layer peeling off after a bath. I have been using Candid ointment for about 10 days without much relief. Should I change over to Candid B instead?  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If you do not regularly wash under the foreskin, a cheesy material, called smegma, accumulates. This can become infected and cause irritation. The solution is to wash carefully with warm salty water.If this occurred following sexual intercourse, then this is probably caused...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Candida Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.