Candidial Balanitis

Related Terms: Fluconazole, Clotrimazole, Antifungal, Candid B Cream, Candidal Balanoposthitis, Fungal Infection, Balanitis

How to Cure Candidial Balanitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old male. I have itching on the head of the penis and the foreskin. It started about 3-4 days back. But now it seems that I have symptoms of balanitis. I found white substance under the foreskin. There is also some minor tear which make it difficult for me to move my foresk...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a difference between Candid cream and Candid B cream. This seems like you are having candidial balanitis. Please apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) twice daily for a week. Wear loose cotton underpants. Do not wash your foreskin everytime you us...  Read Full »

What is this mild swelling and discoloration on my penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have discoloration on my penis. I do not have any pain. It is just a dark red and seems like peeling. It has been there since two days and there is mild swelling in that area. I have got this for the first time. Please help.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from candidial balanitis. Take the following medications: Tablet Apo-Fluconazole (AF) 150, one tablet daily for 10 days. Apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) twice daily. Revert back after ten days to a dermatologist onlin...  Read Full »

The inner side of my penis has redness and itching. How do I cure it?
Query: Hello doctor, I have redness and white creamy substance on the inner side of my penis, which is sometimes itchy. I had taken Fluka 150 mg one time and the redness reduced, but it has not gone completely. What could it be? Please suggest treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when are you having this problem? Kindly send an image. Apply Clotrimazole 1 % cream twice a day to the affected area. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Please suggest some permanent solution for balanitis.
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 28 year old male, and I have been suffering from balanitis for more than two years. I have itching under my foreskin of the penis and very small red bubbles on the penis head. Initially, I had pain in the groins, but now there is no pain. I do not have pain on urination and no flu...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Balanitis is a common issue in young males. It can be due to multiple factors such as a fungal infection like candida, viral infections, irritant contact dermatitis to soaps, or use of condoms. Panderm (Clobetasol) has already been banned in few countries. It is a mixtu...  Read Full »

Candidiasis and Its Spectrum of Manifestation
Article Overview: This article discusses about the clinical presentation and management of candidiasis.  Read Article »

An infection caused by the yeast (fungus), Candida albicans is known as candidiasis. This infection is usually confined to the skin, nail, mucus membranes and gastrointestinal tract. But, it can also infect internal organs and cause systemic disease. Candida albicans is an oval yeast, which divides ...  Read Article »

When does one get small red blisters on genitalia?
Query: Hi doctor, I have very small red blisters on the glans and corona with lot of itching. For that I have used Acivir ointment. There is temporary relief but it reoccurs. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small red blisters on the genitalia usually occur in herpes virus infection. But they are associated with pain and burning. You are complaining of itching which is unlikely for herpes infection. I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the blisters, so that I c...  Read Full »

How can candidal balanitis be cured soon?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with balanitis about three weeks ago. I got antibiotics and was told by the doctor to keep the area clean and apply an anti-fungal cream. At first, it was super itchy and could not use anything tight. Right now I do not feel it but I can see as you see in the pictures,...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the picture, features are consistent with candidal balanoposthitis. It is quite severe. Please stop using Menaderm, Cortisone, both are steroid cream, that makes the infection grow rather healing it. Gelmicin has steroid along with anti-fungal medicine. Any h...  Read Full »

I have red skin on head of penis. What medication can I use?
Query: Hello doctor, I have red skin on the head of the penis. The forehead of the penis is red and when I pull skin up, I see some thick water like liquid (sometime look like it is white) is coming out of skin. The whole area where water coming out is red and looking like it has injuries or cuts. This si...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it can be candidal balanitis. Treatment for the same is antifungal medications. But to be sure of diagnosis kindly send an image of the involved area and revert back so that oral medications can be advised along with topical. For more information con...  Read Full »

I have itching on my foreskin. Will it recur frequently?
Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my foreskin. I observed creamy deposit behind the foreskin reappearing every day despite washing my penis by pulling foreskin. I feel very itchy on the penis when I pull back the foreskin for washing. Now I am using Cetaphil. This problem has occurred three times in la...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. From your history, it can be candidal balanitis. Do you have history of unprotected sexual intercourse? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I get red dots on my penis after masturbating or having sex. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I get red dots on my penis after masturbating or having sex. It becomes normal after applying Candid B cream and Fusidic acid on the penis. Again after having sex, the red dots, which are very small and sometimes they have a white center, are seen on the penis head. One more thing I w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. With your description, it seems you have developed candidal balanitis. Red dots, which you described, are known as satellite lesions. I suggest you stop using Candid B (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone dipropionate), as it contains steroids. Do no...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Candidial Balanitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.