Candidiasis

Related Terms: Fungal Infection, Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Antifungal, Itraconazole, Vaginal Candidiasis, Vaginal Discharge

Candidiasis and Its Spectrum of Manifestation
Article Overview: This article discusses about the clinical presentation and management of candidiasis.  Read Article »

An infection caused by the yeast (fungus), Candida albicans is known as candidiasis. This infection is usually confined to the skin, nail, mucus membranes and gastrointestinal tract. But, it can also infect internal organs and cause systemic disease. Candida albicans is an oval yeast, which divides ...  Read Article »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infection. The pain dur...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent candidiasis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have recurrent candidiasis. It appears every month. I have used all the medicines. Kindly assist me.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Confirm it whether it is candidiasis. When have you done your last vaginal swab? Do you have your two swabs reporting the same infection? (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Normal vaginal secretions increase during excitement, at ovulation, before menstru...  Read Full »

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?
Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, candidiasis is there. But, it is usually the late manifestation of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Since, all your tests are negative, consider yourself as negative unless proved otherwise. All other things can also happen without HIV. Go for HIV test one more t...  Read Full »

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from achalasia or GERD?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I recently had a severe chest pain like heartburn and visited a gastroenterologist doctor. I am also suffering from swallowing disorder for the past seven to eight months, especially solid foods and sometime liquids too. It feels that whenever I eat food it stuck ...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your primary diagnosis is esophageal candidiasis and antral gastritis. These are medical conditions and managed with medical treatment only. Although, treatment for esophageal candidiasis lasts little long duration. The esophageal manometry test is not required for the...  Read Full »

Will you suggest some good medicine to get quick relief from vaginal infection?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. She continuously scratches her vagina. She went to a doctor and got tablet Forcan 150 mg, Hhzole cream, tablet Dazit 5 mg and Hhlevo 5 mg. Still she is suffering a lot. Please suggest some good medicine for quick relief. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife seems to be suffering from vaginal candidiasis or in simple terms fungal infection which presents as vaginal itching and thick white curdy discharge from vagina. She has already been prescribed Fluconazole 150 mg and local application of Clotrimazole cream ...  Read Full »

Why am I having enlargement in my urethra without discharge or odor?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. The area surrounding my urethra is enlarged. It is whitish, and it has a cottage cheese-like texture. There is no discharge or odor. I do not know what to do. I am embarrassed. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a pelvic or sexually transmitted infection or candidiasis. Have strict hygiene. Use soft, comfortable, and cotton undergarments. Use condoms while having sex to avoid having sexually transmitted disease. Have high, low vaginal and urethral swab. After collecti...  Read Full »

Why is there a red line on my anal area?
Query: Hello doctor, I just have a question. I was looking at my anal and I was just curious why is there a red line on my anal and I took the pictures after I pooped. Does it look normal or like any STD?  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Most likely it is candidiasis which commonly occurs in such areas when body folds have some friction and on top of it, moisture and tight clothing promote it. No, it does not look like to be part of STD. However, if you have a history of un...  Read Full »

Itchy anus after unprotected oral sex. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I received unprotected oral sex 13 days ago. No symptoms of genital herpes except for today, I have an itchy anus. No visible bumps, blisters or pain. Is it possible this is the beginning of an outbreak? Or perhaps caused by severe anxiety and prolonged sitting?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Itching over the anal region can be due to many causes: Candidiasis - white discharge from the vagina can cause itching when it comes in contact with the anus. Pinworm infestation. Hemorrhoids (piles). Eczema. Irritant contact dermatitis. In genital herpes,...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Candidiasis? We have medical experts to help you right away.