Cardio Exercises

Related Terms: Exercises, Benefits Of Exercises, Bodybuilding, How To Lose Weight, Protein Rich Diet, Reduce Weight, Diabetes

What are the risks of high-intensity cardio exercise?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 36-year-old. I run several times a week, often sprinting up hills for two to three minutes. In the past three years, I have had a few minor cardio-related symptoms, which I had checked out because I am motivated to stay in top physical condition. These include...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exercising regularly is a good thing to keep ourselves healthy. If you are a trained athlete and exercising under the guidance of an expert for intense cardio, exercise risk will be minimal. Your expert will design a workup that will suit you, like duration of ...  Read Full »

What to do for gas problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I often have gas problems. I work in the night shift. Whenever I eat, gas is formed. Sometimes, the back part of the neck starts aching. Also, I feel dizzy sometimes. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for this issue you have with your digestive system. You need to start jogging or treadmill for cardio exercises. Take water before meals and not after that. I suggest orally Itopride 30 minutes before taking a meal to make gastric motility better. Also, befo...  Read Full »

How can I lose weight?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 171 cm tall, 38 years old, and 80 kg weight. Since the last one to five months, I have left wheat 80 % from my diet and following on average 1000 to 1500 calorie diet everyday. Initially, I lost weight from 80 to 78 kg in two weeks, but now I am stuck on 79 kg weight. I do not k...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Many persons on the 1200 calorie diet face a similar issue. Here are the tips to lose weight : You should eat small healthy snacks between main meals. Do more cardio exercise. Avoid eating carbohydrates after 7 PM. Good sleeping hygiene ...  Read Full »

I do not get erections after being away from my wife. Please guide me.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been married for two years and I never faced erectile dysfunction with my wife like I am facing now. I went abroad for work and stayed there for six months. After I got back, whenever I try getting intimate with my wife, I do not get erections. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erectile dysfunction is very common these days. The risk factors include diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, hyperlipidemia, thyroid disease, and obesity. I suggest the following tests: Total testosterone level. HbA1C. Lipid profile. Thyroid function test. If the ...  Read Full »

What type of exercise is good for osteoporosis?
Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe to do strength training for osteoporosis? Does strength training improve the bone mineral density? What type of exercise or movement are good for osteoporosis? Which one has to be avoided, and why? What are the signs and symptoms seen in osteoporosis? When it has to be diagnos...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strength training is not safe, and it is highly recommended in osteoporosis. It helps to increase the bone mineral density. Do workouts that keep the spine straight such as squatting. Try to strengthen your back muscles. Have workouts on your hip and spine. Do cardio ex...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my nausea, dizziness and headache.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old married female. My weight is 66 kg and height is 161 cm. I am suffering from nausea, dizziness and light headache mainly around the eyes for nearly three weeks. I am a dentist. For the last one month, I am preparing for other exams. As I have a son of 2.5 years old, I u...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First and foremost advice is stop dieting right away. You cannot bear and do not need to combine all of this with your tough routine of job, studies and family. Keep physical activity instead of going the other way around in order to lose weight or to maintain a healthy l...  Read Full »

Why have the feet and hands not grown in an 18 year old male?
Query: Hello doctor, Basically, my current height is 5 feet 7 inches, and I am 18 years old, for which my doctor said I am only taller than 25 % of my age group. I have not hit my second main growth spurt I believe. I have been growing really slowly over the years, even when I was 14 years old, I was not ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your current height will be based on a combination of your genes and environmental factors. If your parents are tall, you will also reach a good height eventually in most of the cases. A good diet rich in carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and all micronutri...  Read Full »

I am skinny, but have a big belly. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. My weight is 62 kg and height is 5'10". I am skinny, but I have a big belly. I am following good diet. I do not drink or smoke. I do exercise regularly.  Read Full »
Dr. Mir Osman Ali

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an excellent question which I am glad to answer. It is nice to see that your height and weight are normal and you have good nutrition. But, you still have a big belly. The common causes are slow metabolism of the body to break down fats, lack of exercise making...  Read Full »

Please provide medical advice on reports, especially liver profile.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. Recently, I have gone through a full body check up and I am attaching the reports of that. So, kindly go through all the reports and provide your sound medical advice based on reports especially on the liver profile, ultrasound, and chest X-ray. Also, advice a...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your detailed query and all supporting documents (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing wrong with the blood and urine tests at large. Your heart is working perfectly normal and there is no abnormality found in the heart. B...  Read Full »

Does protein powder have any adverse effect on muscle recovery?
Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cardio Exercises? We have medical experts to help you right away.