Causes For Hair Fall

Hair Care Through Ayurveda

Article Overview: Ayurveda does miracles in hair fall, and in maintenance of healthy hair and scalp. This article discusses the causes for hair fall and the steps to prevent loss of hair. Read Article »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Normal and Abnormal Hair Fall If there is a fall of more than 100 hair strands per day, it is considered as abnormal hair fall, less than that is considered as normal. However, there will be a fall of more than 200-250 hair strands after shampooing which is absolutely normal. Causes for Hair Fall ... Read Article »

What treatment can be had for hair loss?

Query: Hello mam, I am 22 years old and I am experiencing hair loss for more than eight years. Every time, I shampoo my hair, I would lose 50 to 100 strands of hair. I have an oily, itchy scalp and to some point, my scalp is visible (not completely bald) and my hair density has also reduced. I wash my hai...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should take Minoxidil at least for six months. If there is dandruff, it should be treated with antifungal shampoo. The normal shedding per day is 35 to 45 hairs. Of course, hair can grow again but healthy diet alone will not be enough. Send me a photo or visi...  Read Full »

I have oily dandruff and dry hairs with hair fall. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have oily dandruff and dry hairs and hair fall. So what should I do if I wash hairs every day so they will become more dry and thin too?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many people with dandruff have oily skin and the latest research shows that the real culprit is probably a tiny fungus called Malassezia globosa that needs oil to grow. It only becomes a problem when the fungus grows too rapidly, and our natural renewa...  Read Full »

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall problems are at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall. Read Article »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors like ch ... Read Article »

How to get rid of extremely pigmented underarms and thinning hair?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do I have extremely pigmented underarms? I use lime juice to whiten my underarm. Is it good? How to get rid of it? And, my hair is thinning on top of my head. Please help. I have never been to a dermatologist.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Never use lime juice on any part of your body, as lime apart from having natural vitamin also contains other things which can worsen the skin condition. Hair thinning in the crown requires special treatment in the form of lotion and special medicated shampoo. It can be c...  Read Full »

Why is my 6 year old daughter experiencing diffuse hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter has been experiencing diffuse hair loss from the past few weeks. The hair loss is at least double than normal, in the 200 range, and it falls extremely easy from her head. It is not patchy and I can find no bald spots, her scalp looks healthy. So far, the loss is...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it appears that your child's hair loss is because of acute telogen effluvium. This is an acute condition, wherein any radical change in the health condition of the person leads to insult to the scalp hair, causing a shift in the hair cycle from the gr...  Read Full »

My 6-year-old has too much hair fall all of a sudden. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old. All of a sudden, there is too much hair fall. There are no lice or eggs. Her hair is clean. But for the past 10 days, she has a severe cold with a cough and running nose. Suggest some remedies to overcome this hair fall problem. What could be the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of hair fall occurs post illness even with an episode of viral fever. Your daughter is just 6 years old. You should not give her medications for her hair problem at this age. You can consider a syrup containing multivitamin and zinc, but please do not give a...  Read Full »

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. ...  Read Full »

Can stress cause hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is 20 years old. She recently started losing her hair. Now, within two and a half months you can see her scalp near the front of her head and the very back of her head. It happened suddenly. And now she is pulling her hair out in clumps throughout the day. I have also notice...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me explain everything about hair fall. 100-150 hair fall every day is very normal. So, it should be considered as hair loss only if the number of hair falls more than this. Generalized hair fall in female is mostly due to stress, poor sleep, poor nutrition ...  Read Full »

Can you tell me the cause of my severe hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have severe hair fall. I take multivitamins and iron pills daily for iron deficiency. I have tried biotin, expensive shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioner, etc. Nothing seems to be working. I wash my hair every other day because it tends to get very...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excessive hair fall can be due to male or female pattern baldness, physical illness or mental stress in the past three to six months, low serum ferritin, nutritional deficiency, certain medical conditions like thyroid problems and other hormonal disorders, after cosmetic ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee