Celiac Disease

Related Terms: Diarrhea, Colonoscopy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Chronic Hepatitis B, Chronic Hepatitis C, Chronic Pancreatitis

How to diagnose celiac disease from deamidated gliadin IgG level?
Query: Hi doctor, My friend had his deamidated gliadin IgG antibody test done recently. The test result is 152. Does it mean that the person is having celiac disease?  Read Full »
Dr. Kini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deamidated gliadin IgG antibody level of more than 30 is diagnostic of celiac disease. Since the number mentioned by you is 152, it indicates that the person is having celiac disease. For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online -->  https://www...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms suggest celiac disease?
Query: Hello doctor, I have always had weird symptoms and I think I have celiac disease. I also think that the combination of all my symptoms may mean something. I was tested once for thyroid problems and once for Lyme disease because I had a big, dangerous tick-bite rash. I am 19 years old and according t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your detailed history with us. There is a very strong possibility that you have malabsorption syndrome. There are various types of malabsorption syndromes and celiac disease is one of them. You have signs of multiple essential nutrient d...  Read Full »

Am I taking the right medication for celiac disease and thyroid?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done a blood test before 3 months and was diagnosed with celiac disease. I already have thyroid problem which is controlled right now with Thyroxine. The issue is followed by a gluten free diet, I cannot see any progress. I am still losing weight. My skin is pale and dry. I also ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

My TTG IgA is high. Do I have celiac disease?
Query: Hello doctor, My tissue transglutaminase IgA are high but I have not done any biopsy but done only an endoscopy (normal). If my TTG IgA is high then I must be having celiac disease because this level only goes high with celiac disease, am I right? Then why do I need to go for biopsy as it is a pain...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is useful for comparison of severity of bowel involvement in raised antibody status. Raised IgA TTG level grade according to Marsh classification if your antibody level less on Marsh stage you may need a biopsy. If the patient is suffering from hypoglobulinemia ...  Read Full »

Why do I have persistently high Hb and HCT?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I have a history of celiac disease and a past medical history of Hodgkin's lymphoma, a stage 2 cervical lymph node and tumors in my chest. I had a blood test last week which showed B12 and folic acid deficiency, raised hemoglobin of 161 and raised hematocrit of ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having celiac disease in which because of malabsorption vitamin B12 deficiency and folate deficiency can occur. This deficiency also can be developed if polycythemia present in which proliferation more. Here hemoglobin and HCT is high as per history. Hence if it i...  Read Full »

How to increase stamina in my child?
Query: Hello doctor, What is wrong with a junior school child who has diarrhea and either stopped drinking or is unable to. He has eyesight weakness and now wears glasses. He worries a lot and despite a good appetite does not put on weight. Has difficulty in reading and writing. He has no power, strength ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes of diarrhea and poor nutrition at this age might be due to celiac disease (an autoimmune disorder), worm infestation, IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). I suggest: Give him syrup Nitazoxanide 200 mg twice a day for five days. Give syrup preparation of iron-fo...  Read Full »

How to convince my husband about my gluten-free diet?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having abdominal and thoracic pain for the past 16 years. I do like to describe the pain as irritation, burning, feeling like eating sandpaper; constant pulse to puff and burp, acid reflux and fire in my breast and stomach. I used tons of medications for years, such as proton ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the excellent history and sharing your background as a dietitian really helped. First of all, as you might now, the celiac disease cannot be proved by chemical basis. You can very well have a negative serology with biopsy proven celiac disease. The invest...  Read Full »

What can cause the stool to float and change color?
Query: Hello doctor, About 18 months ago, my stomach distended, and my stool turned from brown to light brown and eventually yellow. After that, I started to lose weight at a rapid rate, 40 lbs in 15 months. I was given multiple blood tests, an upper endoscopy, and abdominal ultrasounds. The only thing of...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your weight loss could be maldigestion, malabsorption or systemic illness. Improper digestion occurs due to a lack of pancreatic enzymes secretion. Malabsorption occurs due to intestinal issues, for example, Celiac disease, infection or inflammation of t...  Read Full »

My 7 months old baby poops more than 20 times. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 7 months old. She keeps pooping. She at least poops 20 diapers a day. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. A baby of 7 months old passing stools of around 20 times a day is not normal. There are some diseases which can cause this type of symptom. The possibility of celiac disease should be ruled out. In celiac disease, there is an allergy to glu...  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for abdominal bloating?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past one year or more I have been suffering from occasional severe abdominal bloating. But, for the last few months it has been all day. I have been tested for celiac disease and the result was negative. My stomach becomes so big and I cannot walk or when sit. I cannot see or clot...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting blood is a red flag for gastritis, peptic ulcer or erosions in the stomach or duodenum. I would highly suggest you follow up with a gasteroenterologist personally for upper GI endoscopy. If possible get a colonoscopy with biopsy for celiac disease in blood tes...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Celiac Disease? We have medical experts to help you right away.