Cetirizine

Related Terms: Allergy, Itching, Levocetirizine, Asthma, Antihistamines, Paracetamol, Fluconazole

Is Cetirizine ineffective in AIDS?
Query: Hello doctor, I had suffered from common cold symptoms three months back. It resolved completely in about 18 to 19 days. Started with constant sneezing followed by a runny nose, then nose cleared and sneezing stopped but felt an uneasiness in palate and throat turned sore, getting worse with time a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I do not think it has any relation with HIV status and you should not worry about it. It seems you are quite worried and unconvinced about HIV status. So, I would advise you to get yourself checked. It will help in relieving your anxiety and fear. Unresponsive...  Read Full »

Will Cetirizine help reduce the itching in my penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I took Norflox-TZ in the morning for loose motions but, in the afternoon my penis started itching.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Firstly, one should not take antibiotics for ordinary loose motions unless the diarrhea is infective. Itching in the penis could be allergic but, it should be associated with itching in the other parts of the body. I suggest you take Levoc...  Read Full »

Cetirizine and Paracetamol for Fever
Query: Hi doctor, When I have the fever, can I take Cetirizine in the morning and then Paracetamol in the afternoon?  Read Full »
Dr. Geethu Thomas
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you have the fever. You can use Paracetamol. You can take it up to three times a day and can stop if your temperature comes down. Now, coming to Cetirizine, it is used for allergy, cold, etc. If you are having a flu type of fever, that is, fever with...  Read Full »

Paracetamol in Pregnancies
Query: Hi doctor,My wife is suffering from severe cold, headache and throat pain. Can she take Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine? We are planning for pregnancy, using medicine for it. This is her 12th day after the period.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife is having sore throat problem and cause is acute pharyngitis case. You can give her Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days. For throat pain, Paracetamol 500 mg SOS can be prescribed. Also, give her vitamin C 500 mg tablet BD for five days. Drink more water. A...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get an allergy testing done, either a skin prick or a blood comprehensive. Next, based on the allergens you are sensitive to, we can advise you on further course of action. With respect to getting tolerant to Cetirizine 10 mg, why not try Fexofenadine 120 or 180...  Read Full »

Generalized itching gets relieved on taking Cetirizine but recurs. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have itching problem in the whole body since last six months. When I take the Cetirizine tablet for this then it is fine for 4 to 5 days after that it again occurs.  Read Full »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have chronic urticaria. In more than 50 % of cases, the cause is unknown. The rest of the patients it can be due to any infection anywhere in body or thyroid problems or diabetes, etc. I suggest you get the following tests done. CBC with ESR, S.TSH, S.T3...  Read Full »

Can Zyrtec be given to help cure running nose and nasal congestion in a kid?
Query: Hello doctor, My 3-year-old son weighing 19 kg seems to develop running nose along with nasal congestion today afternoon. He also seems to have some amount of breathing difficulty today while sleeping, although he does not have any background in asthma. I have some questions: I have given him Z...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dose of Cetirizine is fine and you can give it for two days more and see. If there is no improvement then kindly do a physical examination. Nasoclear nasal spray can be easily used in form of spray be inserting the tip into the nostril and pressing it. The child...  Read Full »

There are inflamed nasal swellings and ear plugs. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I apologize for the long message, but I am a concerned mom. I have two sons (ages 3 and 5) and both of them and I have been experiencing chronic sinus or ear issues for the past several months. Their pediatrician has referred us to ENT since she does not know what it is. Both boys (an...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not stop Zyrtec (Cetirizine) and nasal corticosteroid spray. The polluted environment around you can harm your children badly. I think that the black plug inside your son's ear is a fungal infection. You need a topical antifungal drop for five days, then the ENT spec...  Read Full »

Can I take Nasonex and Zyrtec for sinus block?
Query: Hi doctor, I found that my nose was blocked. The doctor diagnosed it as sinus block. I first took Otrivin drops and Moxiflox (antibiotic). As there is no improvement, I am taking Nasonex and Zyrtec. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your treatment is correct. The Nasonex (Mometasone furoate) spray removes the inflammation, and Zyrtec (Cetirizine) will eliminate the allergic component. Continue the medicines as advised. If the problem is getting repeated and present for more than three months...  Read Full »

Is my daughter's fever a symptom of dengue or swine flu?
Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has a fever for the past three days, and we are giving her Paracetamol. Since yesterday she has running nose and cough. I gave her Crocin twice in the morning three hours back, but her fever is 101.8. Should I give her Meftal P? Is there a possibility of dengue o...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you give her syrup Crocin (Paracetamol) 7 ml, thrice a day Syrup Cetirizine 2.5 ml at bedtime and Otrivin P (Xylometazoline) nasal drops, 2 drops thrice a day, if she has nasal congestion. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start tak...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cetirizine? We have medical experts to help you right away.