Chest Pain

Related Terms: ECG, Chest X- Ray, Echocardiogram, Pantoprazole, Gastritis, Acid Reflux, Anxiety

Chest pain, arm pain, and shortness of breath worsening with time. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, From past one month, I am suffering from chest pain, left arm pain, jaw pain, shortness of breath, sweating and weakness. Day by day, it is worsening and my fear is also increasing day by day. I am 19 years old with no bad habit and with a healthy diet and BMI. I used to go to the gym...  Read Full »
Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I noted your symptoms and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Frankly, they are all normal. I would like to suggest the following medicines and to see if the problem persists. Capsule Veloz L (Rabeprazole and Levosulpiride) OD AC to continue...  Read Full »

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Chest pain might be due to many reasons other than heart problem (primarily pleuritis - swelling of the lung membrane due to infection). Get your CBC (Complete Blood Count) and chest x-ray done to rule out this cause. Do massage on the affected area with a pain relievi...  Read Full »

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?
Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good news, there is no heart attack. It is normal. If there is recurrent chest pain especially with exertion or chest pain that relieves with rest and recurs on walking, climbing stairs, etc., then to be on safer side, have an ETT (exercise tolerance test) done. In this...  Read Full »

For chest pain, is it necessary to get an ECG or can I manage with medicine?
Query: Hi doctor,I am feeling a slight pain in the left side of my chest while taking a deep breath. Can you help me with the medicine to cure this pain?  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. We need more details of the problem. What is your age? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension? Where is the exact location of pain? Does the pain increase on walking or climbing stairs? Kindly review with fur...  Read Full »

Are chest pain and breathing problem common in pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am having chest and lung pain on the right side along with trouble to take a deep breath. I am suffering to catch my breath. I went to the ER and they did a blood test called D-dimer. It came back positive for a lung blood clot on the left side. But, the doctor ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Maroti Celerio Mandurke

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Pregnancy has many transformations in the body and much burden on heart work increases. Mild breathlessness and chest discomfort is common during pregnancy. Because of pregnancy, they cannot do many tests, which may be harmful to baby. They can ...  Read Full »

Left Sided Chest Pain: Never Neglect It
Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that, "one should never neglect a chest pain that too left sided".  Read Article »
Dr. Divakara P

These days we have been coming across lot of patients with heart attack. Obviously the main reason for this is the bad lifestyle and bad work culture where there is no scope or time for physical exercise. Even the diet of people is not healthy these days. This has resulted in significant increase in ...  Read Article »

Causes of Chest Pain Other Than Heart Attack
Article Overview: Chest pain is one of the most common complaints encountered in the ER (emergency room) every day. Most of the patients panic as they think there is a serious problem with their heart. To what extent should we worry about it? When should we seek medical help for our chest pain?  Read Article »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Before discussing the causes of chest pain, we have to be familiar with the general anatomy of the chest. Our chest is formed by skin, subcutaneous fatty layer, chest wall muscles, ribs, pleura (a layer that covers our lungs), lungs, esophagus, heart and neurovascular components. Common Chest Pain ...  Read Article »

Is Your Chest Pain a Heartburn or a Heart Attack?
Article Overview: This article clears up confusion regarding chest pain due to heartburn that is frequently misunderstood to be a heart attack and the main differences between the two types of conditions.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

While heart attack and heartburn are two very different conditions, it is quite possible to confuse one with the other. A heart attack is often accompanied by chest pain, shortness of breath, weakness, paleness, and sweating. So, if you have these symptoms, and they do not subside with rest or the u ...  Read Article »

Why do I have severe chest pain and palpitations after food and walk?
Query: Dear doctor, I have HOCM by birth and suffering severe chest pain and palpitation after food and walk. One year back, I underwent angioplasty and stenting.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy (HOCM) needs further treatment even after stenting. Can you tell me exactly what drugs you are on? So that I can help you further. Revert back to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiolo...  Read Full »

Is my chest pain due to anxiety, angina or any other cause?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. No prior heart issues. A fan of exercise. At the beginning of this year, I started having chest pain located near or right over my right side. Mostly they are a short quick burst of pain at random intervals but sometimes they stick around. A couple of weeks after th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Historically, and also on investigations like TMT (treadmill test), it does not appear to be a cardiac pain (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I guess you do not smoke or drink. The usual cause for this is musculoskeletal pain arising from muscles and ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Chest Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.