Chikungunya

Related Terms: Fever, Swine Flu, Headaches And Migraines, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Infectious Diseases, Hypertension

Chikungunya, a Re-emerging Viral Fever
Article Overview: This article explains about chikungunya and how to protect ourselves from being infected with this disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati
General Medicine Physician

There are many diseases that occur due to mosquito bite. Malaria, elephantiasis, Nile virus, chikungunya and dengue fever are the most common. These are known as mosquito-borne diseases. Chikungunya is caused by chikungunya virus. This infection lasts for 2 to 12 days. But, the pain may last f ...  Read Article »

Chikungunya Fever
Article Overview: In rapidly urbanizing cities, it has become a regular phenomenon to have a post monsoon surge of fever cases. Chikungunya is also one among them.  Read Article »
Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
General Medicine Physician

Fever has many causes viral being one of them. Viral fever is very common during the change of seasons. Different viruses like influenza virus, flavivirus, etc., can cause febrile illnesses. The viral infection can be acquired either through direct contact with the patient (droplet infecti ...  Read Article »

Can chikungunya spread through cold?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 45 years old. She suffers from chikungunya. She got this problem due to cold. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Sumaiya Jamil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chikungunya is caused due to chikungunya virus, and it spreads through the mosquitoes. It is not caused due to cold. You can have better prevention by having a mosquito control. Mosquito control focusses on eliminating the standing water where mosquitoes lay eggs, and i...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for chikungunya?
Query: Hi doctor, My mom and my 15 year old sister are suffering from chikungunya. Please suggest some ayurveda remedies or medicine for chikungunya. Also, please suggest any preventive medicines as well.  Read Full »
Dr. Santhosh M D
Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We cannot do much things with ayurveda when the condition is acute. But, there are a lot of things that you can do to cure after effects of chikungunya and to prevent it. My advice is to get ayurveda medicines from some recommended and renowned ayurveda pharmacies.  Read Full »

How long will it take for my mother to recover from chikungunya and MG?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 80 years old. She has been having myasthenia gravis for the last 10 years and it has been under good control. She took only Distinon tablet three times a day till last month. One month ago, she had a viral fever. She was admitted in hospital for 10 days and the doctors treate...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I agree that the dosages have been increased quite a bit. But, the myasthenia precrisis is treated this way only. Coexisting viral fever chikungunya may be the added reason to increase the doses on higher side. If it was an overdose, she would have experienced the sympto...  Read Full »

Why am I having joint pain and swelling after fever?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My weight is around 75 kg and height is 5 feet. I had fever about four months back for two days. Then, I started suffering from joint pain and swelling. I took some medicine, but there was no long-term effect. Currently, I am taking NAC 100 SR, a painkiller. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This year we saw a surge in chikungunya cases. As you are having pain post the fever episode, it seems to be that. But, it is necessary to rule out other possibilities like rheumatologic conditions. I suggest you to get antinuclear antigen (ANA), Rh factor and C-reactive...  Read Full »

I have fever and headache after mosquito bite. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, I was playing football and I had got bitten by a black and white mosquito. After some time, I got shaking and had a fever, head pain, and a back muscle pain.  Read Full »
Dr. Abeer

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history, you have to rule out dengue fever, chikungunya or malaria fever. So take Paracetamol 500 mg two tablets for six hours until the blood tests are done. Avoid mosquito breeding places like stagnant water near home, wear full sleeve clothes. Take a...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for pain in the joints of fingers, knees, and toes?
Query: Hello doctor, I had very mild pain in my finger joints about 10 days ago. But, with due course of time, I also developed pain in knee joints which is mild to severe and also a mild pain in the toes of the foot. I am also having a headache. Further, I took Sinarest last night and in the mo...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a number of causes that clinically present with symptoms like joint pains and fever. The few conditions are chikungunya and rheumatic fever. A detailed history needs to be obtained and I advise you to go for blood investigation like CB...  Read Full »

Will recurrent fever occur in a patient with gastritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical student and my query is regarding my father. My father is suffering from fever, chills and rigor every month along with gastric problem. For gastritis, I am treating him with PPI and Sucralfate. He had similar attack 15 days back. Since I had no clue about the cause, I gave...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Though your dad is not having cough or cold that accompanies fever, his symptoms suggest that, it can be due to allergy or post-chikungunya syndrome. Did your dad affected with chikungunya recently? If so, then he might have recurrent fever along with joint pain. Thi...  Read Full »

My blood report is normal, then why do I feel extremely fatigued?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low-grade fever, hair loss, and extreme tiredness. There is pain and burning sensation in my stomach along with loss of appetite and weight gain. I got my ANA test done and it came positive. My ESR level has increased. All my other test results found to be negative. Pl...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) and observed that there is no autoimmune disease present. Since you have been suffering from multiple joint pains for the past one year, you should have tested for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chikungunya? We have medical experts to help you right away.