Chlorhexidine Mouthwash

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Mouthwash, Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Halitosis, Antibacterial Mouthwash, Bleeding Gums, Chlorhexidine

Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice daily?
Query: Hello doctor, Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice and not thrice daily?  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Chlorhexidine mouthwash is only used twice daily because of the following reasons:It has a property to stain teeth if we use it more. As we brush twice a day, which is recommended for every healthy person, and mouthwash works best after brushing teeth.Using mouthwash u...  Read Full »

How to get rid of bad breath? I floss, brush every morning and night, but still suffer from bad breath.
Query: Dear Doctor, I am 16 years old. I floss, brush every morning and night and use a tongue cleaner too. But still suffer from bad breath the whole day. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. After following these tips you will feel better and get rid of bad breath by 2 weeks. Start using chlorhexidine mouthwash thrice a day for 4 weeks. Do saline water mouth rinses (take lukewarm water in a small cup and add 1/4th teaspoon salt in it),...  Read Full »

Will accidentally putting mascara wand in a child's mouth cause any harm?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old put my mascara wand in his mouth. His teeth and all around his mouth were black. I used a toothbrush and water to get all the black out. What else should I do? I am not sure how much he swallowed. Can it harm him?  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mascara contains iron oxide, carbon black along with a base of paraffin or mineral oil. As your child had taken it in his mouth and you already have cleaned it. Now there is nothing to worry, you may ask him to gargle with Chlorhexidine mouthwash which will improve t...  Read Full »

How can I stop getting tingling sensation in teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a fuzzy feeling in my teeth. Kind of like a tingling it is not really pain but it sends chills through my gums and it has been going on for like four days. How should I stop it?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try using Sensodyne sensitive or any toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Apply toothpaste on teeth that are giving you tingling sensations for 2 or 3 minutes like cream then after it do gentle brushing, not vigorous one. Follow this routine for two weeks. Use Chlorhexidine mo...  Read Full »

The back of my gum is hurting. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, The back of my gum has been hurting and it is red. I do not know why. I do not know if it has anything to do with my wisdom teeth because they are all in except one. It was peeking in the gums the last time the dentist checked them and did not say anything. So, I do not know what i...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At your age, the wisdom teeth start erupting.This is the most probable cause in my opinion. But, if it is hurting too much and your sleep is disturbed, it can be from an infection of the underlying mucosa, surrounding the tooth. I suggest you use Chlorhexidine mouthwa...  Read Full »

Am I under the right treatment for cough?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having cough for two to three weeks now. It is mostly dry and frequent throughout the day. I am getting two to three coughs at one time and then it continues. Currently, I am taking Piriton-CS, Pantocid and Montek-LC. I had bronchitis problem a few years back wherein I used to get ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details you have posted. The medications you are taking are good, but as you were saying that you continue to have dry cough since three weeks some changes need to be done. Avoid cool drinks or cool water. Do gargles with Listerine or Chlorhe...  Read Full »

What is the blister-like bump in gums causing occasional pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I found about a week ago this slightly raised bump in the gums between my two front teeth (front and back). It does not look like there is puss in it. The first two days were very painful and hard to eat. The next couple days after that, there really was not any pain. It is just a real...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. Most probably it can be because of hormonal imbalance at this age. This is called age-related gingivitis and it will heal with time. Do not mess with it too much. For relief and quick control, you can...  Read Full »

What is the sore next to my throat on the roof of my mouth?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a sore throat on one side of my throat. But, after looking, it looks like a sore next to my throat on the roof of my mouth. What could it be?  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjeev Davey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is oral stomatitis with pharyngitis. It can be due to smoking and alcohol infection. Certain investigations like Hb (hemoglobin), TLC (total leucocyte count), DLC (differential leuco...  Read Full »

How to easily overcome bad breath?
Query: Hello doctor, How do I stay free from bad breath?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes for halitosis (bad breath) are: Calculus (tartar) deposits on the teeth due to poor oral hygiene. Periodontitis - gum problem. Food impaction inside the decayed teeth. Debris on the tongue. Systemic causes such as gastritis. Temporary cause like intake of...  Read Full »

My sperm and saliva stink badly. Can you help me?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old man. I have thick sperm that stinks and my saliva is also lumpy and stinks really bad. This has been like this for a few years now. I have gone to the sexual health clinic and had urine and blood test. It showed up nothing and came back clear. I also think that it ma...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that it is not a disease. It is just a variation to have this thick saliva and sperm. It does not look like any infectious condition. Everyone's semen coagulate and smells bad once it comes in contact with air. I think it may be your increase awareness and conce...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chlorhexidine Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away.