Chymotrypsin

Related Terms: Trypsin, Acetylcystine, Post Nasal Drip, Steam Inhalation, Acetaminophen, Ambroxol Hydrochloride, Amoxicillin

I am unable to swallow due to a painful lump under my tonsil. Please suggest a remedy.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a painful lump under my tonsil since a week. It hurts during swallowing. Otherwise, I have no other symptoms. I was not sick or traveled anywhere recently. My lymph nodes are also slightly swollen. I have attached a picture. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The growth is just an enlarged lymph node in the oral cavity. You also seem to have enlarged and infected tonsils. I suggest you take a course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav (Amoxycillin and Clavula...  Read Full »

Why do I have some discomfort in throat following cold?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 20 years old. I had a pretty bad cold three weeks ago. The cold seems to have subsided, but my lingual tonsils seem to be enlarged. I also have little bumps on the back of my throat. I have drainage in the bottom of my throat as well. Also, a few patches of white under my right tonsi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lingual tonsils may get enlarged during an episode of upper respiratory tract infection. Also with details you have provided it appears that you have some remnant inflammation in your upper respiratory tract. That is causing the granular pharyngitis, tonsillitis and ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ear block due to cold?
Query: Hi doctor, I am taking antibiotics for my bad cold. My nasal passages and mucus are getting better. But, my left ear in which I had ear infection is still clogged. It has been clogged for four days and is really hard to hear through. I can pop my ear but then it goes back to clogged shortly after. P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ear block is due to eustachian tube block that occurs during cold or upper respiratory tract infection. Due to the block middle ear ventilation and drainage are hampered. This causes the ear block feeling.You may follow these suggestions. Continue the antibiotics...  Read Full »

My wife has hemorrhoid. How can she get relief from anal pain and swelling?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this. Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus openi...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health. As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter. I suggest tablet Acena...  Read Full »

Why do I have bumps in the ear after piercing?
Query: Hi doctor, I got my ears pierced last week. I have small bumps on that site. In my left ear, the skin is peeling. What could it be?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. The bumps signify there is some local inflammation. If there is associated pain, discharge, pus or fever then you need to take appropriate antibiotics as these are signs of infection. I suggest you to visit your doctor who performed the surgery for physical evaluation. M...  Read Full »

I hit my elbow and now have swelling and pain. How to make it better?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old, female. I hit my elbow at work the night before last, and it hurts to straighten my arm. I can do it, but it is painful. And randomly, I suddenly have shooting pain in my arm. It is swollen, and there is a small lump where I hit it. I also fractured my elbow in the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh C G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it looks like a blunt injury with a hematoma at the site of injury. I suggest getting an X-ray of the elbow to rule out a fresh fracture. If there is no fracture, then use an arm pouch and keep the elbow at 90 degrees flexion in the arm pouch for ...  Read Full »

Can being slapped on the face cause ear trouble?
Query: Hello doctor, I was slapped on my face today. It has been three hours now but there has been no dizziness, severe pain or fluid flow. I played soccer on the beach and drove scooter over 10 km in between without any issues. All I feel now is a slight pain in my ear when I put my small finger inside ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be asymptomatic. Pain while putting finger can be due to mild edema of the external ear canal due to injury. Since you do not have any symptoms suggestive of middle ear involvement, I do not think you will have any problem in the future. But to be on th...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of swimmer's ear?
Query: Hello doctor, I have swimmers ear and I do not know how to get rid of it and now my ears hurt extremely bad.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com If you have diffuse otitis externa then you must rule out malignant otitis externa. If you are immunocompromised or a diabetic you need to worry about the same. It will be prudent to get a culture sensitivity swab of the discharge from the ear whenever you have the condi...  Read Full »

I have cobblestone appearance at the back of throat after tonsillectomy. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I had tonsillectomy about a month ago. I had been healing but I am concerned about my healing process. My uvula has gotten smaller and has strange color plus I see cobblestone at the back of throat and blue or dark red color surrounding soft palate. And there are visible blue or red b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these are normal after tonsillectomy surgery. I will suggest some steps to relieve some of the symptoms you are facing. Gargles with Benzydamine mouth wash diluted in water few times daily will help soothe the area and relieve pain. You may also take Tylenol for a f...  Read Full »

I have sore throat and lost my voice for about a month. How to get that treated?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. Over four weeks ago, I started getting a sore throat and lost my voice for about a month now. I have a sore neck like something is grabbing it. My voice has been sore if I try and talk. I have mucus coming up, which is white colored with some blood. I am on Penicillin V...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I would suggest you take a swab of the throat mucus and ascertain the organism that is growing and producing the symptoms.The sensitivity pattern will reveal whether the organism is responding to the antibiotic being taken.To help lighten the mucus and remove it, I sugge...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chymotrypsin? We have medical experts to help you right away.