Clavulanic Acid

Related Terms: Amoxicillin, Augmentin, Paracetamol, Betadine, Antibiotics, Ibuprofen, Mupirocin

Is Augmentin 625 safe to take during the third week of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am three weeks pregnant, and I am suffering from a chest infection. So an ENT specialist doctor prescribed Augmentin 625 tablet. I wanted to know if it is safe to use this antibiotic, as I am pregnant.  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy. I suggest taking it along with Cetirizine 10 mg at night if you sneeze a lot. Also, do warm saline gargling if you have a sore throat. For further que...  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for streptococcus pneumonia?
Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath (worsens on mild exertion), barking cough, fever, joint pain, headaches, and exhaustion. It feels like asthma but does not respond to asthma medicines. I have tachycardia and palpitations too. What is the most effective antibiotic treatment for streptococcus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is one of the best oral medications for streptococcal respiratory tract infection. The dose is Augmentin Duo 1 gm two times a day for five days. This has to be taken with antacids like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before ...  Read Full »

Baby is getting green stool after two weeks of pneumonia. Why is it happening?
Query: Hello doctor, My nephew got pneumonia two weeks back. He recovered but the problem is his stool got green again after medicine and also when he takes a bath it happens. He is 4 months old. Otherwise, he is fine but this problem becomes severe later. So, we are worried. Would you like to prescribe a...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For pneumonia, if Augmentin (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) given, then this medicine tend to cause loose motion with color variation of stool. If this is the case then you can stop the medicine, if it is continued till now. If the baby is exclusively breastfed, a...  Read Full »

Can I take an antibiotic to clear the infection in my tooth?
Query: Hi doctor, I have an infection in my tooth and swelling in the gums. Can I take an antibiotic to clear the infection?  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take antibiotics. Take Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) or Penicillin. Take three times a day for a week. Get an early appointment with your dentist for an examination. If you are willing to save the tooth, go for root canal treatment if it is po...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in root canal treated tooth?
Query: Hi doctor,I had a root canal treatment performed on one of my molar tooth (bottom right) a few years ago. I have had no trouble with it since then up until now. I have started getting pain which has lasted a few days and does not seem to go away. The dentist who performed the root canal on me had me...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you need to start antibiotics like Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid 625 mg twice daily for a week along with a painkiller three times a day. Mostly, it is due to the infected leftover root canal. You need to see an Endodontist to determine whether he can do ...  Read Full »

Is such a high dose of Levofloxacin necessary after implant placement?
Query: Hello doctor,I have just had a sinus lift graft and implants placed. The dentist has prescribed 500 mg of Levofloxacin every 12 hours for 10 days, plus Augmentin, plus Ibuprofen and Dexamethasone. My question is whether the Levofloxacin is necessary and why is it such a high dose? I have read it sho...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In usual cases here, we just give Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg twice a day for a week or two which is more than enough and Levofloxacin is not required. Maybe your dentist is being extra sure that you do not get any infection at the site. The do...  Read Full »

How to know if my throat infection is viral or bacterial?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat infection and fever. At present, I have a fever of 101 F. I took Meftal forte 45 minutes back, but the fever has still not come down. Can I take Paracetamol? My doctor gave me Augmentin and Allegra-D.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your doctor has examined you and started you on antibiotics, that is, Augmentin (Clavulanic acid and Amoxicillin), you, please complete that course. Along with it, I suggest taking Paracetamol 500, three times daily. Continue taking Allegra (Fexofenadine). ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Amoxyclav for infection and swelling in foot?
Query: Hello doctor,I have got an infection in my foot and it is on my right foot above the ankle. That particular part is a bit swollen and sometimes pus and some blood come out when I clean it. And because of that infection, my foot is swollen and I am experiencing pain while walking. I am going to a cli...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes certainly, you will need antibiotics to kill the bacterias. So Amoxyclav 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a good choice. So you need to have it three times a day for five to seven days depending on the response. You can certainly take it now and it should...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for nasal blockage and fever in small children?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is six years old. He has nasal blockage for the past two weeks. Now, he has developed a fever. His throat and tonsils are swollen. We took him to a doctor. The doctor prescribed him Benadryl 5 ml and Crocin DS 7.5 ml. He has not given any antibiotics. Is it fine? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. You can give Augmentin DDS syrup 5.4 GM by 30 ml (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice a day for five days along with the above-given medications.  Read Full »

Shall I take Amoxicillin for cough?
Query: Hi doctor, Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.  Read Full »
Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first. Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Clavulanic Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away.