Clindamycin

Related Terms: Acne, Benzoyl Peroxide, Acne Scars, Adapalene, Doxycycline, Management Of Acne, Treatment Of Acne

Should I still have wisdom tooth extracted when another tooth is infected?
Query: Hello doctor, I am scheduled to have the two wisdom teeth on my right side extracted tomorrow. While waiting for the appointment, I developed pain in my right upper jaw which became increasingly worse over a few days. I went to see the dentist who found out I have an infection in my first molar (up...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. Penicillin and Clindamycin are the antibiotics and are usually prescribed for a course of five to seven days. These drugs reduce infection but not the pain. So, you might not notice a big change in how you fee...  Read Full »

What can I take for bacterial infection in my gums?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work.  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gum infection can be due to a number of reasons like tooth infection or cavity, abscess, etc. If Clindamycin is not working, I suggest taking Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the m...  Read Full »

Which acne cream is causing dry, flaky skin around eyes and burns on cheek?
Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so?  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Actually, it is a very common side effect of Tretinoin cream and sometimes Bezclin (Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide) also cause it. My opinion is to stop both medicines for a week. If you have severe burning use Hydrocortisone cream onl...  Read Full »

I have a white discharge from vagina. What could it be?
Query: Hello Doctor,  I have a fishy odour, white and milky discharge coming from my vaginal area. I am a 28 year old female. What could it be?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from bacterial vaginosis. This is a common vaginal infection of women who are sexually active. Please use the following: Clingen (clindamycin + clotrimazole) vaginal pessary once a day at night just before sleeping for 7 days. Insert it deep inside the...  Read Full »

Which is the best medicine for rosacea?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old female. My past medical history includes rosacea (15 years), perioral dermatitis (7 years), melasma and hyperpigmentation in the upper cheeks for three years and ADHD. I am currently under Noritate, occasional Elidel during flare up and Adderall 2.5 mg daily. My hyper...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, here I discuss everything one by one. You had rosacea and for that you were using Noritate (Metronidazole) and Ziana (combination of Clindamycin phosphate and Tretinoin). Since how long you were using these medicines? For rosacea, new creams have come which are b...  Read Full »

Please advise skin care measures for pimples in 16 year old.
Query: Dear doctor, I am 16 years old. I have got pimples. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you need to consult a dermatologist nearby to assess the grade and severity of acne. If acne is mild then, topical anti-acne creams like Clindamycin, Adapalene, etc, will help. If acne is severe then, oral medicines like Azithromycin/ Doxycycline with o...  Read Full »

My pimple looks like it is getting infected. What is to be done?
Query: Hi, A pimple popped out on my face yesterday. Now it has become bigger. Are there any chances of it getting infected? What do I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First thing is that you should never touch or squeeze a pimple. Wash your face three to four times a day with soap and cold water. Apply Clindamycin ointment three times a day for a week. This is a topical antibiotic and this helps in preventing the infection. ...  Read Full »

How can I remove the pimples and dark spots on my face?
Query: Hello doctor, I just wanted to remove the marks from my face. These pimples and dark spots on my face disturb me a lot.  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is typical acne with blackheads or comedones. I would advice use acne soaps containing Benzyl peroxide once daily in the morning and start cream or gel Clindamycin 5 % on the affected area after washing face in the morning. For soap and gel, ask pharmacists as it c...  Read Full »

I have acne since the age of 13. Kindly get me a solution.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am getting acne since the age of 13. I have asthma. No product has worked on my face. I have sensitive oily skin. Kindly advice some solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and I understand your concern. Acne has several grades depending on the type of lesions. In grade 1, I prefer to advise topical Clindamycin in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide alternatively with topical retinoids in the night-time. Oral antibioti...  Read Full »

I have acne and nothing seems to work. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I got a cluster of red acne on my forehead. After applying Castor-NF cream, Ofloxacin, Terbinafine, Clobetasol, etc., I got no relief with the medicine. They are painful to touch. They are growing rapidly and spreading to other areas on the face. I am completely fed up. I am...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are acne. Please do not apply any of the medications mentioned above. Steroids like Clobetasol will only make acne worse. Apply Peroclin 2.5 % gel (a combination of Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide) at bedtime over the forehead for an hour, then wash your face. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Clindamycin? We have medical experts to help you right away.