Colchicine

Related Terms: Nsaids, Gout, Arthritis, Diet For Gout, Indomethacin, Prednisolone, Steroid Injection

Can you suggest some home remedies for face tan?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a very bad tan on my sun affecting regions over my body. I have been experiencing this since I got my chickenpox before six years. My skin has started to get darker every day since then. I have consulted a dermatologist and he suggested me to apply ointments li...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. Your symptoms could be due to lichen planus pigmentosus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin biopsy may be done to confirm the diagnosis. Colchicine may give some results in LPP. You shou...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for my big toe pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering lately from pain in my big toe joint. It is very severe that I could not sleep two nights when I ran out of painkillers. I thought it might be a gout attack. Because I do have gout. Though my uric acid levels are mostly high, I do not really watch what I eat. My tri...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed description, it is gout unless proven otherwise. The reason I say this is your past medical history of gout. Swelling of the great toe and adjoining area with excruciating pain is called podagra. It is the most common presentation of gout. Even nor...  Read Full »

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »
Dr. Ella Maponya
General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »

I get joint pains, 3 to 4 times a month. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from joint pains from last two years. I get pain in fingers, palms, knee joints, heels, and soles. I consulted doctors few times, and they tell me to take Colchicine, Dolo, Myotop, and Nucoxia, whenever I get pain. But these days, I am getting the pain very frequently, lik...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be related to inflammatory arthritis. Your lab reports are not clear, please attach them again. Regards. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumato...  Read Full »

How to lower my uric acid level?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gout - podagra for the past 16 years. I cannot maintain a constant diet because every local doctor prescribes different. Have many wens around the body. My uric acid level is higher than normal (till 800). I am taking medicines named Colchicine and Diclofenac. From the...  Read Full »
Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all do not worry and send all the scanned pictures of investigations done so far and a fresh KFT (kidney function test) report, BP (blood pressure), complete sugar profile, x-ray picture of the joints and the list of complete drugs used so far. Start tablet Wys...  Read Full »

Arthritis in Its Many Forms
Article Overview: Arthritis is defined as the inflammation of a joint. There are various types of arthritis and despite their similarities, they can be differentiated from one another based on a number of factors. Early detection and treatment of each kind are important for conserving the functions of the joints involved.  Read Article »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam
Rheumatologist

What to think when you have a swollen, red and painful joint? Here are some of the common conditions that cause a swollen painful joint. 1. Gout It is a condition characterized by the deposition of monosodium urate crystals in the joint. Commonly affected joints are - the first metatarsophalangeal ...  Read Article »

What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?
Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

Malabsorption Syndrome
Article Overview: Malabsorption syndrome is a group of condition where the small intestine is unable to absorb enough nutrients into the bloodstream from the food that you eat. It causes excessive defecation, nutritional deficiency, and gastrointestinal symptoms.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha

Overview Malabsorption syndrome is a group of condition where the small intestine is unable to absorb enough nutrients into the bloodstream from the food that you eat. The nutrients that the small intestine has problem absorbing are macronutrients like proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, or micronut ...  Read Article »

Is it safe to restart Prednisone?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with gout in left foot. It has been bothering me for a couple of weeks. Last month, I had issue with my elbow and took Prednisone. Recently, doctor said I cannot take Prednisone again so soon and was essentially screwed. Are there any other treatment options or drugs? How ...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, there is no such restriction about restarting Prednisone. As long as there is a clinical need and we have exhausted other options then there is no contraindication to restart steroids. Surely, NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) should be tried before proc...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Colchicine? We have medical experts to help you right away.