Complete Blood Count

Related Terms: Chest X- Ray, Esr, Fever, Iron Defeciency Anemia, Viral Infection, Folic Acid, Iron Supplement

Query: Hello doctor, Will complete blood count test show HIV infection? Will the WBC be increased or decreased?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.WBC (white blood cells) increase or decrease in the complete blood count can tell about a presence of infection, whether viral or bacterial, but it cannot specify which organism is causing it. In other words, increase or decrease in the counts can occur in numerous conditio...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am attaching my CBC report. Please tell me if anything is wrong with it.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mild elevation of total leukocyte count and absolute lymphocytes count is slightly high. So, there is nothing alarmingly wrong. You have no clinical complaint also, so this coul...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Only the CBC (complete blood count) and HbA1c reports are available. Please send all reports that are relevant to your complaint. Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do CBC (complete blood count) and a chest x-ray before starting Dexona (Dexamethasone) as it is a steroid. Also, there may be a history of childhood asthma (hyper-reactive airway disease) and it is better to be sure before giving this medicine. This mostly looks li...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I am single. I feel drowsy all the day while working. Sometime, I feel less energetic when compared to other colleagues. Also, I have gotten pain in the knee joint. Can you please suggest the probable medical test or medication I should take? Thank you. ​  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should have a complete blood count test and a hemoglobin level test as you might be suffering from iron deficiency anemia. Also, measure your blood pressure as you might have hypotension. Please feel free to inform me with the results of your tests. Revert back with ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27. I currently started bleeding from my vagina and I had rough sexual intercourse four times in four days with my partner. I experienced hip pain yesterday but when I woke up, the pain was gone and 30 minutes before I started bleeding, I started to have pain in the same spot. I ge...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever done a complete blood count? Get one done and show me the reports.  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old female. Last year, my physician told me that I have an iron deficiency, and put me on supplements. My WBC count is 10,300 now. I have no infection, and I am not on any other medication. I am worried due to the high WBC count. I am attaching my CBC test report. Ple...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your CBC (complete blood count) report attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The normal adult range for WBC (white blood cells) count is 4000 to 11000 cells/mcL. Your count 10,300 cells/mcL is within the range. Let me know if you a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Blood tests show high leukocytes of 12000 per mL with lymphocytosis and an elevated alkaline phosphatase at 162 u/L. Kindly suggest further tests to rule out cancers and lymphoma.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to repeat your CBC (complete blood count) after three to five days. If lymphocytes count is normal then the chances of cancer are very less. If lymphocytes count remains persistently high then further workup as follow. Peripheral smear examination report...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My CBC test showed RBC level as 7.1. Doctors told me that this value is high. The MCV is 56.8 and MCH is 15.4 which are low. I used to smoke when I did the first test. When I went for the test again after 2 months, I had quit smoking. Even then the result was the same. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your CBC (Complete Blood Count) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Your RBC count is high and this condition is called as polycythemia. Polycythemia is usually present in high altitu...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I went to the hospital for my father's normal check-up. He is 61 years old. His report looks like this: WBC 43000, platelets 1.2 L, and lymphocytes 88 %. To get it cross-checked, we went to another lab the next day and here are the counts: WBC: 38000 (Reduced by 5000), platelets 1.5 L (...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has absolute lymphocytosis. Repeat CBC (complete blood count) after one week along with complete peripheral smear examination to look for abnormal malignant cells like blasts. If the count does not come down, then investigate with flow cytometry examina...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Complete Blood Count? We have medical experts to help you right away.