Medical Advice on "Complete Blood Count"

WBC (white blood cells) increase or decrease in the complete blood count can tell about a presence of infection, whether viral or bacterial, but it cannot specify which organism is causing it. In other words, increase or decrease in the counts can occur in numerous … View thread »

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mild elevation of total leukocyte count and absolute lymphocytes count is slightly high. So, there is nothing alarmingly wrong. You have no clinical complaint also, so this  … View thread »

Only the CBC (complete blood count) and HbA1c reports are available. Please send all reports that are relevant to your complaint. Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> … View thread »

Please do CBC (complete blood count) and a chest x-ray before starting Dexona (Dexamethasone) as it is a steroid. Also, there may be a history of childhood asthma (hyper-reactive airway disease) and it is better to be sure before giving this medicine. This mostly looks … View thread »

You should have a complete blood count test and a hemoglobin level test as you might be suffering from iron deficiency anemia. Also, measure your blood pressure as you might have hypotension. Please feel free to inform me with the results of your tests. Revert back with … View thread »

I have seen your CBC (complete blood count) report attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The normal adult range for WBC (white blood cells) count is 4000 to 11000 cells/mcL. Your count 10,300 cells/mcL is within the range. Let me know if you … View thread »

You need to repeat your CBC (complete blood count) after three to five days. If lymphocytes count is normal then the chances of cancer are very less. If lymphocytes count remains persistently high then further workup as follow. Peripheral smear examination report … View thread »

I have gone through your CBC (Complete Blood Count) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Your RBC count is high and this condition is called as polycythemia. Polycythemia is usually present in high … View thread »

Your father has absolute lymphocytosis. Repeat CBC (complete blood count) after one week along with complete peripheral smear examination to look for abnormal malignant cells like blasts. If the count does not come down, then investigate with flow cytometry … View thread »

Please do attach the report of the CBC (complete blood count). I will be able to comment further once I see it. Revert with the report to a hematologist online --> … View thread »

Do you have a question on Complete Blood Count? We have medical experts to help you right away.