Complete Stool Examination

Related Terms: Constipation, Stool Routine Microscopy Test., Albendazole, Complete Blood Count, Probiotics, Diarrhea, Gastroenteritis

Does alternating episodes of diarrhea and constipation point to IBS?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had a lot of constant bowel pains and alternating diarrhea and constipation. Quite often, I am noticing brown sesame seed kind of thing in feces. Is it a parasitic infection? Or is there a possibility for IBS?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of pain and alternating constipation and diarrhea definitely point towards IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). The natural method of reducing these symptoms is by avoiding spicy food, eating your meals on time, and drinking adequate amounts of fluids to keep y...  Read Full »

Today I noticed that my toilet bowl was red. What could be the reason?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a bad experience today. My bowl was entirely reddish. I do not know what it could be. Currently, I am taking Envas 2.5 mg.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have blood in the stools. If you have blood in the stools again, then you have to investigate with a stool routine examination. It can be an infection of the colon, and an antibiotic course can be taken. If the bleeding is painless and fresh red, then you can try to...  Read Full »

Why does my baby poop frequently with gas?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1-month-old daughter. For the past two days, she passes the poop with more gas. I am breastfeeding her (no top milk). She has developed a rash over her genital area. Can you suggest something for her gas problem and frequently pooping with gas? I think pooping frequently causes ...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it happening for the last two days only? Or was it from birth? If it is from birth, then you should go for a stool examination. Or else it will be transient. I hope you are not giving bottle feeding. A rash free ointment can be applied locally. An image of the rash c...  Read Full »

Does my kid have loose motions due to packaged milk?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 months old and 8 kg weight. He is having loose motion over a week. I have given him Oflomac-M and Sporlac tablet twice a day. As he did not suffice, stopped giving him Amul milk and started Isomil. Later he was fine for the next 2 days and when I started back Amul milk since...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. By what you quote it seems that your child has probably got lactose intolerance, resistant stomach infection or worm infestation. I think you should do stool r...  Read Full »

I get bad diarrhea attacks, especially in summer. Would you give me a solution?
Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I have been having problems with my digestion and intestines since two years. I get real bad diarrhea attacks and it usually happens in the summer, especially when there is a breeze or wind. So, I always have to cover up my belly and wear lots of clothes in th...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most diarrhea are viral in origin and do not require any treatment except for ORS (oral rehydration solution). But, to rule out bacterial infection, get your stool tested for three consecutive days when you have diarrhea and send me the reports. Also, note any relat...  Read Full »

Why do I have a crawling sensation post penis surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatme...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albend...  Read Full »

Is my lymph node enlarged due to cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your queries, my opinion is as follows: Lymph nodes in supraclavicular areas are usually due to infection from surrounding areas. Possibility for cancer is if it is enlarging or very hard or if there are other cancer in the body. Usually increasing size in ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to give Albendazole twice in a short interval?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full »

My poop is normal but I am worried about the frequency. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been defecating four to five times a day for the last four to five months. I have not sensed any symptoms like fatigue, weight loss, or blood in the stool. The poop is completely normal. I am worried about the frequency.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudeb Mukherjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a case of functional diarrhea. An abnormal passage of a small volume stool at an increased frequency is most likely due to rectal urgency. You can get the stool tested for OPC (ova/parasite/cyst). If it is negative, do not worry. There is nothing abnorma...  Read Full »

Despite normal gastroscopy, I am having gas and bloating issues. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I was having stomach pain, acidity and bloating since a year. So, I did an endoscopy as advised by my doctor. The report showed H.pylori positive. I finished the full course of medication as directed by the doctor and I felt better. Then, I switched to a new place. A...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have lower esophageal sphincter laxity (LOS laxity). Also, you might be having chronic gastritis and colitis. The gas and bloating is usually secondary to these patholo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Complete Stool Examination? We have medical experts to help you right away.