Composite Dental Filling

Related Terms: Dental Fillings, Root Canal Treatment, Crowns, Orthodontic Treatment, Dental Veneer, Ceramic Crown, Metal Filling Disadvantage

Are silver fillings hazardous to health?
Query: Hi doctor,  I recently had my tooth cavity filled with a silver filling. I read on the internet that silver fillings are toxic to human kind. Please suggest what I can do. Shall I get it removed, and replaced with some other material that is not hazardous?  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dentists have started to avoid using silver fillings. The only hazardous substance in an amalgam (silver) filling is mercury. But that too is not reactive with the human tissue. If you still wish to get it removed, get it replaced by a composite feeling. Take care. For...  Read Full »

How can I fix the tooth sharpness after dental bonding?
Query: Hello doctor, I am not satisfied with dental bonding done on the front left tooth. Enamel was removed to make room for the composite resin and the enamel is now too thin and feels sharp to the tongue's touch because of this. Shape and feel is not consistent with the natural front right tooth. Is th...  Read Full »
Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your query, I believe it will be easy to solve that problem you have, just a little bit of enamel sharpness or roughness can usually come from a previous bonded composite filling done especially at anterior teeth. So at that time, you should go to a cosmeti...  Read Full »

How can we treat the gaps between the teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have gaps between my teeth. Can it be closed? By which process can it be closed?  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Banu M
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We can try composite filling or veneer or porcelain veneers. But, it will make your teeth look broader and will affect your esthetics, as the gaps are generalized in the front teeth. Hence, ...  Read Full »

How can a gap between teeth be adjusted after cap placement?
Query: Hello doctor, I just recently had an RCT and crown placed on the upper front tooth. Now, there is a gap between my two front teeth. Can the crown be adjusted now?  Read Full »
Dr. Vijeta Singh
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After capping, it is very difficult to adjust the crown because it may lead to misalignment of the crown with respect to occlusion. There is another method by which you can close the gap between tooth like composite filling between tooth leaving the cervical area or ...  Read Full »

How can gaps in front teeth be filled in a 21 year old female?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 21 years old and has major gaps in front teeth. What is the best way to fill the gaps?  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way would be the usage of braces for the gaps between the teeth. If the gaps are less and present between a few teeth only, you can go for veneers. Considering the age, going for braces would be a better option. Still, seeing the patient directly and reviewing ...  Read Full »

After my recent filling, I am getting pain whenever I bite. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I got a new filling (white), and the dentist removed my old silver ones. Now, my tooth is sensitive, and I feel like air going up and down on the tooth. I am getting pain whenever I bite down. Why? What is wrong here?  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There will be definitely some sensitivity felt after the replacement of old silver fillings to new tooth colored ones. There is a micro shrinkage that happens after the white material is placed into the old and refined cavity. This is the physics behind your sensitivity. ...  Read Full »

What would be an efficient way to cover chipped tooth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am brushing twice daily and maintaining good oral hygiene. My teeth are deteriorating and chipping. What would be an effective and cheap way to cover chipped front teeth?  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lower cost option for repairing front teeth would be composite fillings (tooth colored filling material). It can be done chair-side and in most cases, you can walk out with the tooth repaired in one appointment.But, the composite fillings cannot be one universal solut...  Read Full »

I have a small tooth cavity. Can it be cured by filling?
Query: Hi doctor, I got my dental checkup done recently. A small cavity was observed on the side of my tooth between 2 teeth. I am attaching a photo of x-ray. Please check second upper tooth from left in the x-ray. Also let me know, if this can be cured by filling?  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Yes, this can be cured by restoration. For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist  Read Full »

What can be done to correct the gap between two front teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to know what can be done to get my teeth in proper alignment as there is a gap between two teeth.  Read Full »
Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. If you have a gap between the front teeth only, then the condition is called as midline diastema. It can be treated orthodontically as well as with conservative management (operative dentistry). In o...  Read Full »

My front tooth got chipped away. What to do immediately?
Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth got chipped away before two days. I am so nervous about it. How to recover my tooth?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It depends upon the vitality of the tooth. If your tooth is vital and if there is no associated pain, then it can be restored with a simple composite filling. In case, if there is a loss of vitality, you can treat it by a root canal treatm...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Composite Dental Filling? We have medical experts to help you right away.