Compression Wrap

Shall I go with compression wrap for wrist sprain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild sprain while using a punching bag. But, it does not hurt at all in my two days off work. Now I am back to work, on day three since my injury, and it hurts really bad. I am locked in for the next several hours and I can tough it out. Obviously I am going to be doing some h...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Better late than never. Go for compression wrap (active type or elastic wrist splint). Rest your wrist. If pain does not go down or increase in spite of all the measures and medication in two to four weeks then go for MRI wrist. Do specify your complaints more elabora...  Read Full »

I injured my foot during a fall. Should I get it checked?

Query: Hello doctor, I injured my foot during a fall in a creek, a month ago. There is no bruising or swelling. The pain is on the outside of my foot, on the top. It has been getting worse. I am unable to walk or stand for long periods of time. I have been taking Ibuprofen, putting ice on it, and resting. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your fall. As your pain is not resolved even after taking pain medications and ice compress frequently, I recommend you go for an X-ray of your foot in the anterior-posterior and lateral views to rule out a hairline fracture. I also suggest you stop...  Read Full »

I have shoulder pain after playing squash. How can I get relief?

Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder pain possibly from playing squash. Please view my reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. An injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. The injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci, and bones of the joint. I suggest you p...  Read Full »

After mastectomy, why is there tightness around the arm?

Query: Hi doctor,Before seven months, I had a mastectomy. During which, I had my lymph nodes taken out of my armpit. I had exercises to do, which helped ease the tightness in my arm. Only in the last two weeks or so, I have noticed a tightness in my hand on the same side of the operation. It feels a bit ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is most probably lymphedema. It occurs as your lymph nodes are taken out, which helps in the drainage of lymph. Are you doing your exercises regularly? This can be prevented by proper exercises that your doctor must have told you. Keep your arm at a height above he...  Read Full »

How to prevent blood clot in case of factor V clotting disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male with factor V clotting disorder. How can I prevent blood clot?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most people with factor V Leiden never have any symptoms. But, some are at a higher risk of getting blood clots, especially in the leg or the lungs. When clots do occur, they can cause, warmth, redness, pain, and swelling in the leg. These are symptoms of a condition c...  Read Full »

Kindly advise the treatment for leg pain and soft tissue injury.

Query: Hi doctor, Before 20 days, I went to a party, got drunk and met with a fall. My leg started paining from the next day. I could not walk without it hurting. I went to A and E and they said it was just a soft tissue injury. Still now, I am having pain and not able to bend it properly or fully extend ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arti Sharma

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your pain and concern. It is possible that you have suffered a muscle sprain. I advise you to try RICE approach (rest, ice, compression and elevation) for it. Rest the sprained part for at least 48 to 72 hours completely. Do not use it. Apply ice wrapped in ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for DVT?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having DVT in my left leg. I had about a year of Warfarin treatment and it was stopped two months back. I had my thrombophilia profile and it shows protein C deficiency. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Protein C deficiency (blood coagulation factor XIV) can be congenital or acquired. Being on Warfarin therapy can show protein C deficiency. However, it should get corrected after two weeks and it has not so if there are no ot...  Read Full »

I have a rash on my foot since a year. What is that?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a weird rash on my foot. That has been persistently itchy, peeling and building. It does not burn, but it is unappetizing to look at. I do take Lyderm for it. It seems to stop the itching, but not the spreading of the rash. It has been on my leg for a year now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is most probably stasis dermatitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which occurs in people with poor circulation and in serious cases may develop into ulcers. Stasis dermatitis is common in people above 50, especially if have heart diseases or o...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my knee pain after 12 years of surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had arthroscopic knee bilateral chondromalacia patella joint debridement done before 12 years. Now, the pain had started again and I am having some swelling. Please suggest what I should do.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are a few suggestions. I suggest anti-inflammatory tablet like Voveran 75 mg (Diclofenac) twice a day after meals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. For swelling use a compression bandage and ice the area for 20 minu...  Read Full »

How do I reduce the dull pain in my hamstring?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing dance for a year and a half now. After dance class I used to do stretching. Since Monday, I am feeling a dull pain in my right hamstring and quad. It was uncomfortable for me to walk up and down the stairs. So, I applied ice and took Ibuprofen. Then throughout the day the pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The initial goal of treatment is to reduce pain and swelling. To accomplish this, I recommend you to do the following. Take a break from strenuous activities to allow the injury to heal. Use a cane or crutches to avoid putting your full weight on your injured leg. App...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.