Conception And Pregnancy

Related Terms: Folic Acid, Pregnancy, Ovulation, Pcos, Delayed Conception, Beta Hcg, Infertility

Counseling for Newly Weds

Article Overview: In this article the sexual problems that the newly weds usually face are discussed.
Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off.   Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting marrie ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Is pre-seed lubricant safe to conceive? Is naturally not lubricating a cause of concern? TTC two months: How many months will it take to conceive naturally? TSH 5.2. Is it normal to conceive?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pre-Seed (Vitamin E, Chloride salts, etc.) lubricant that mimics fertile cervical fluids to support sperm on their journey. Unlike most other lubricants, Pre-Seed fertility-friendly lubricant is pH-balanced and isotonic, so sperm can swim freely. So it can be used. A...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old female. I went today for the third follicle scanning on the 18th day. It showed the rupture of follicles, and there was a lot of free fluid seen in a POD. But in my second follicle scanning, on the 14th day, it showed no free fluid. Is it healthy to have free fluid or s...  Read Full »
Dr. Tara Devi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your follicles have ruptured, and hence today you have free fluid in the pouch of Douglas on the scan. You should have intercourse today to become pregnant. Were you given any tablet fo...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old female with a petite body. I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I am worried if my baby can have any anomaly or defect because I did not know that I am pregnant when I took tablet Co-Amoxiclav for my throat infection. It took about seven days to get healed. I was consuming that ...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to be aware of your last menstrual period date either on a contraceptive or trying for a baby. It is better to share your conditions with your doctor while receiving medications. Tablet Co-Amoxiclav (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) is not very harmful in earl...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last six months, so my doctor advised to take Caberlin, Siphene, and Duphaston, in the first three months. In the third and fourth month, Gestin. And this month, Letrozole and Duphaston. My doctor said if I do not get pregnant this month, then I should g...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment is definitely the correct one. Please get a laparoscopy done to know the exact cause. Difficultly in conception could be because of hormonal changes, problems related to tubes and ovaries, or some seminal problems in your partner. Do get back to me with re...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old female in the seventh week of pregnancy. I have conceived five years after we started trying for a baby. My blood, urine, and ultrasound test results are normal. But, my doctor has advised me a complete bed rest till the 12th week. Could you please comment? Is bed r...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? There is a big misconception in the minds of many patients and sadly some doctors too, that rest is going to help pregnancy a lot. Let me explain. I do not see any risk factors in you. The age of 34 years is not too high. We do advise complete bed re...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had two girl child. For conceiving a boy, what we do in ayurveda?  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. In ayurveda or any other branch of medicine, there is no medication that will help you to conceive a baby boy. No medication can do that. Moreover, the chromosome responsible for baby boy (Y chromosome) is inherited by the male partner, that mea...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am 9 months pregnant with a severe toothache. My question is after delivery, how long do I have to wait to get my tooth pulled out?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can go for tooth extraction in a week or two after child birth as the amount of local anesthesia that can reach the breast milk is very less and does not cause any serious complication. However, you should once consult a neonatologist or your obstetrician and gynecolo...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 34 weeks pregnant. She has known tachycardia and had an unsuccessful ablation at 11 years old. Around six weeks ago, using pulse oximeter I have at home, I noticed her resting heart rate had dramatically increased. It went from an average of around 100 to around 130 and 140, so...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tachycardia, which she had, was mostly probably PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or other SVT (supraventricular tachycardia), which are usually episodic in nature. So, the reading which you had of 123 was probably not due to her old heart problem PSVT, but ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Will you kindly suggest a diet chart (non-vegetarian) for a pregnant woman from morning to night? Her first pregnancy is just detected. She is on regular Eltroxin 50.  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A pregnant woman needs a good balanced diet. Before going to that, I will suggest you one thing. As your wife is hypothyroid, the need for thyroid hormones increases by 50% in pregnancy. You need to increase the dose to 75 mcg. Go for a thyroid profile and adjust dose acc...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Conception And Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away.