Conception And Pregnancy

Related Terms: Pregnancy, Folic Acid, Ovulation, Sexual Intercourse, Pcos, Delayed Conception, Infertility

Counseling for Newly Weds
Article Overview: In this article the sexual problems that the newly weds usually face are discussed.  Read Article »
Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off.   Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting marrie ...  Read Article »

HSG report shows some problem in left fallopian tube. Can I conceive naturally?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have gone for all relevant test for checking infertility. My AMH and thyroid report are both normal. My HSG report is showing issues about the left tube. I am attaching my report kindly review and let me know if I can conceive naturally or next what should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The HSG (hysterosalpingogram) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a left sided cornual block of the left fallopian tube but the right is patent, so pregnancy is possible, but that would depend on the ovarian side which ovulates...  Read Full »

Can Pre-seed lubricant be used to conceive?
Query: Hello doctor, Is pre-seed lubricant safe to conceive? Is naturally not lubricating a cause of concern? TTC two months: How many months will it take to conceive naturally? TSH 5.2. Is it normal to conceive?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pre-Seed (Vitamin E, Chloride salts, etc.) lubricant that mimics fertile cervical fluids to support sperm on their journey. Unlike most other lubricants, Pre-Seed fertility-friendly lubricant is pH-balanced and isotonic, so sperm can swim freely. So it can be used. A...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have a lot of free fluid in POD while trying to conceive?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old female. I went today for the third follicle scanning on the 18th day. It showed the rupture of follicles, and there was a lot of free fluid seen in a POD. But in my second follicle scanning, on the 14th day, it showed no free fluid. Is it healthy to have free fluid or s...  Read Full »
Dr. Tara Devi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your follicles have ruptured, and hence today you have free fluid in the pouch of Douglas on the scan. You should have intercourse today to become pregnant. Were you given any tablet fo...  Read Full »

Had Co-Amoxiclav during pregnancy. Will it cause any birth defect?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old female with a petite body. I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I am worried if my baby can have any anomaly or defect because I did not know that I am pregnant when I took tablet Co-Amoxiclav for my throat infection. It took about seven days to get healed. I was consuming that ...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to be aware of your last menstrual period date either on a contraceptive or trying for a baby. It is better to share your conditions with your doctor while receiving medications. Tablet Co-Amoxiclav (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) is not very harmful in earl...  Read Full »

I have type 1 diabetes and trying to conceive. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old with type 1 diabetes looking to conceive. I am currently 145 pounds and 5'6" tall. What do I need to do? Currently, I am taking Insulin.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Before you plan to conceive, just try to lose some weight. For the height of 152 cms, ideal weight is 52 to 57 kg. I am sure this will reduce your requirement of Insulin too. As pregnancy progresses the dose of Insulin will need titration. Try to lose...  Read Full »

Can I try to conceive right after the removal of cervical polyp?
Query: Hello doctor, Today is CD6. Yesterday, I started taking Clomid for CD5 to 9. CD10 is scheduled for cervical polypectomy. The night before instructed to take Misoprostol. Can I try to conceive this month right after a cervical polyp removal? The polyp is very small in the cervix.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If a cervical polyp is removed anytime, there will be some fresh blood. So it is not advisable to have any medication for pregnancy, in the same cycle as the removal. As blood is not a good medium for sperms, sperm motility is reduced or stopped by blood components. You...  Read Full »

Will Duphaston cause any complication during pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is pregnant for about five weeks. So the doctor suggested Duphastone three times, JC Folate one time, Myocyst two times a day. My wife has got miscarriage two times before that and she was also treated for PCOD last one year. I am scared about Duphastone.  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the case summary. As she has had PCOD, in such patient, there is a deficiency of pregnancy hormone Progesterone. So we have to give from outside to support pregnancies. There is a history of two miscarriages. Can you tell me where did they occur a...  Read Full »

I am trying to conceive for the last 6 months. Should I go for tubal laparoscopy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last six months, so my doctor advised to take Caberlin, Siphene, and Duphaston, in the first three months. In the third and fourth month, Gestin. And this month, Letrozole and Duphaston. My doctor said if I do not get pregnant this month, then I should g...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment is definitely the correct one. Please get a laparoscopy done to know the exact cause. Difficultly in conception could be because of hormonal changes, problems related to tubes and ovaries, or some seminal problems in your partner. Do get back to me with re...  Read Full »

I have conceived after trying for five years. Should I be on bed rest?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old female in the seventh week of pregnancy. I have conceived five years after we started trying for a baby. My blood, urine, and ultrasound test results are normal. But, my doctor has advised me a complete bed rest till the 12th week. Could you please comment? Is bed r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? There is a big misconception in the minds of many patients and sadly some doctors too, that rest is going to help pregnancy a lot. Let me explain. I do not see any risk factors in you. The age of 34 years is not too high. We do advise complete bed re...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Conception And Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away.