Conjunctivitis

Related Terms: Allergic Conjunctivitis, Redness In Eyes, Allergy In Eyes, Eye Infection, Anti Allergic Eye Drops, Blurred Vision, Dry Eyes

Allergic Conjunctivitis and Its Treatment Options
Article Overview: Allergic conjunctivitis is a very commonly seen disease in the ophthalmology OPD. Allergy as a disorder usually involves the whole body and does not only involve specific organs of the body. Although the symptoms like watering, itching, redness, blurred vision are quite troublesome, the allergic reaction per se is just a bodily defense mechanism designed to isolate and seal away or destroy foreign objects by our immune system. This article looks at the various ways in which allergy, eye allergies in particular, can present, the effects of longstanding allergic conditions of the eye and the effects of treatment with their side effects.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

An allergy is simply a hypersensitivity reaction of the body to various foreign substances referred to as allergens. Allergens, if found to be from within the patient's body itself, give rise to a group of disorders called as autoimmune diseases. Here we will be looking in particular at only allergi ...  Read Article »

After conjunctivitis, my eyesight has become blurred. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My age is 26. My problem started with an incident while cutting my nail and a piece of the nail hit my right eye. Luckily, it was a minor cut. I consult with a doctor and his medicine solved my problem. After some days, conjunctivitis attacked my right eye and spread into both the eyes. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you described, I think you had adenoviral conjunctivitis and after that blurry vision was due to post adenoviral subepithelial keratitis. Sometimes, adenoviral is resolved without involving the cornea. But, if it involve, then the problem will take time t...  Read Full »

I got conjunctivitis 7 days back.I had red eye with eyelid swelling.Now redness is gone but blurring is present.What do I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling.  I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours. Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone...  Read Full »
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having conjunctivitis and you are on treatment with moxifloxacin and fluorometholone. The presence of blurring of vision indicates involvement of cornea in the form of keratoconjunctivitis. This usually ...  Read Full »

I got urethritis and conjunctivitis after unprotected oral sex. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I got urethritis and conjunctivitis, at the same time a few months back. I had thick transparent penile discharge with burning and itching sensation. I got this after a week of having unprotected oral sex. I have had urethral swab and urine test done, and the reports showed ureaplasma...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your genital symptoms are quite classic for chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. This is an ascending infection of the prostate gland from the urethra. Prostatitis is usually chronic and can lead to a dull aching pain for a long time. It is usually a consequence of gonor...  Read Full »

Swelling and irritation continue a month after conjunctivitis. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old woman. I have been diagnosed with conjunctivitis a month ago. After initial medication, the pain reduced a little, but swelling still remains. I have a feeling of irritation (like something pricking inside the eye). Hence, I visited a hospital again. My doctor gave ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not the site of conjunctival melanoma. Most probably, it appears to be a tarsal gland inflammation due to allergy which is known as giant cobblestones. I suggest adding Olopatadine 0.2 percent along with your therapy. Also, add refresh liquigel...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for acute conjunctivitis?
Query: Hello doctor, Last week my eyes got red. So, I consulted an eye doctor. The doctor diagnosed it as acute conjunctivitis and prescribed me Vigamox eye drops and Refresh Tears for two weeks. My left eye cured in three to four days and the right eye cured only half. I am not able to understand what to...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The red that you are seeing is an infection. It has just some clotted blood which will go away in 15 days. Do you still have discharge from the right eye? I suggest you change your medication to Moxifloxacin plus Ketorolac Eye Drops twice daily for 10 days and Aquagic...  Read Full »

I am getting watery discharge from eyes. Could this be conjunctivitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have little white discharge from my eyes when I wake up. Could this be some form of conjunctivitis? If yes, what is the treatment? I have been washing my eyes with warm saline water for three days. After I wash, the eyes are normal and there is no redness during the day. The condition ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If this is a recent onset and finding, then it could be conjunctivitis. But, if you do not have other symptoms like pain, then it is likely to be pollution related. Try to change in your exposure to pollution. You may continue the saline wash. Also, Olopatadine eye drop...  Read Full »

Should I continue FML more than a week for viral conjunctivitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I had viral conjunctivitis a month ago. I was on FML for one week and after which, my eye got normal. I was asked to taper the dose and stop FML in three weeks by my doctor. I did so, but as soon as I stopped it my eyes started to redden again. My doctor said it was an allergy. I am on an...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, episodes of redness can be anticipated after tapering steroids (FML - Fluorometholone). However, we do not have advice steroids for a prolonged time due to its side effect profile. Use of steroid sparing agents is advocated. These include anti-inflammatories...  Read Full »

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »

Trachoma - an Easily Preventable Blinding Disease
Article Overview: Trachoma is a severe infectious follicular conjunctivitis frequently seen in developing countries. It is known to affect children in the age groups of 5 to 10 years, with complications starting by 20 to 30 years. In severe cases, it is known to cause a variety of eyelid malformations by its tendency to produce scarring. It is a major public health problem and deserves attention from both the common man in terms of preventive measures to be taken and hygienic practices to be followed and also city planners and executives as sanitation and hygiene are the major factors responsible for this disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Trachoma is a severe infectious follicular conjunctivitis frequently seen in developing countries. It is known to affect children in the age groups of 5 to 10 years, with complications starting by 20 to 30 years. In severe cases, it is known to cause a variety of eyelid malformations by its tendency ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Conjunctivitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.