Contact Dermatitis

Related Terms: Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Eczema, Acne, Dry Skin, Rosacea, Atopic Dermatitis, Fungal Infection

Airborne Contact Dermatitis (ABCD) Due to Congress Grass
Article Overview: Here, I have discussed the common causes of airborne contact dermatitis.  Read Article »
Allergy Specialist

The causative plant for airborne contact dermatitis is Parthenium hysterophorus (Congress Grass). This plant was accidentally introduced all over the world through contaminated wheat shipments and now it has spread to the nook and corner of the world. Thus, the cases of Parthenium dermatitis have be ...  Read Article »

I have redness and itching after stopping Hydroquinone and Mometasone cream. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am using skin lite cream for the past two years. This cream contains Hydroquinone and Mometasone. Now I am stopping the usage of this cream. Now in my face, I am seeing redness and itching like skin allergy. Please suggest the best creams or medicine to cure this problem.  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed contact dermatitis due to this medicine. As it also contains a steroid, skin becomes steroid dependent, so when this is stopped the face becomes red and inflamed. First thing for treatment is to use a good Sunblock OG SPF 60. The second thing is Metro...  Read Full »

Why do I have pimples after forgetting to remove my make up off?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have this problem for about two weeks. I think this is because I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day, I got small red pimples on my face. I have this redness or spots on both sides of my cheeks. What could this be? Plea...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This might be allergic contact dermatitis or cosmetic-induced acne. Make sure that you do not get exposed to that chemical within the next 10 days otherwise there are chances of sensitization and can cause further flare-up of the disease. Apply the following medicines o...  Read Full »

How to treat itchy bumps on my vagina?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried female. From last one year, I have been suffering from vaginal infection. A few small bumps have grown inside the skin of the vagina. Sometimes, I feel itching inside it. I am sexually active with my fiance. I have consulted a specialist. She told me due t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be a contact dermatitis superadded on the warts. Use Panderm cream (combination of Ornidazole, Clobetasol, Terbinafine and Ofloxacin) on the affected area twice a day for 15 days. Also, put Clingen forte vaginal pessary (combination of Clotrimazole, ...  Read Full »

What shall I do for allergy on the head of the penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some kind of allergy on the head of my penis. Please tell me how to resolve it and which doctor should I consult. My age is 25. I did not consult any doctor before this. I do catch a cold in a month or two and I skip my diet many days. I saw this allergy a month ago when my girlfri...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that either you have contact dermatitis or balanitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, condoms are the source of contact allergy or if you have used soap or lotions or any other agent for masturbation. Did you use anything? Also, f...  Read Full »

How harmful is poison oak when contacted?
Query: Hi doctor, I disk golf in an area where a decent amount of poison oak is present. I would like to know how fast urushiol binds to skin, and once it does is there any possibility to spread? I use an electronic cigarette which requires me to handle cotton that I feed into the atomizer. My doubt is if ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. Poison oak causes allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and is the most common cause of ACD than all the other causes combined. The allergen which cause ACD is usually present within the sap named urushiol and it will be mainly present in the l...  Read Full »

My skin is irritated after using a new face wash. How to get it back to normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. From the past few days, after washing my face with a skin-clearing face wash, my skin got irritated but I thought it was natural. Last night, just after washing my face with the face-wash, my skin had red patches in the morning and there was a burning sensatio...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like you have irritant contact dermatitis. Are you using any other cream as daily cream with the face wash? If yes, stop it. Use a non-scented moisturizer in the morning and evening. I suggest using Desowen Cream (Desonide) locally. App...  Read Full »

I have dark spots on my fingers.What would this be and how to treat?
Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema. Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to co...  Read Full »

I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It seems you have developed either allergic contact dermatitis or tinea corporis. Please sent pictures of the lesions, for a better understanding. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-o...  Read Full »

What do for skin lesion on nose after using nose pore strip?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I washed my face and did not apply moisturizer or any other thing. Then I placed the Biore pore strip on my nose. While removing, it ripped my skin. It was red, burns bad, liquid comes out of it and looks like a huge blister. I had this for about almost three we...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and understand your problem. You developed irritant contact dermatitis to Biore strip chemical. It is a localized disease confined to areas of exposure and may aggravated on subsequent exposure.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Contact Dermatitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.