Control Diabetes

Related Terms: Diabetes, Hba1c, Diabetes Management, Metformin, Hypertension, Insulin, Diabetes Mellitus

Which medicines can be used to control diabetes and gain weight?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband aged 51, is clinically diagnosed to be diabetic. His HbA1c remained at 6.5 during the last two checkups. The last checkup was done three months back. His blood sugar after the food was 178 two weeks ago. He has lost weight by 10 kg in six months. He has become weak both phy...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I would like to know what medicines is he on for diabetes. Follow up would be free, so please answer my questions as it will allow me to help you better. Regarding his blood pressure, 130/90 is good. So, continue the medicine. 6 to 6.5 is ...  Read Full »

What are the possible measures to control diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, I am taking the following medicines for my diabetes, Amaryl 2 mg 1-0-1, Onglyza 5 mg 0-1-0, Losar A 1-0-0 and Hosit-L 0-0-1 I would like to know if these medicines can control and regulate my diabetes? If not, please advise me some tablet to bring my sugar level down and get better con...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and medications as well. We diabetologists usually give Amaryl (Glimepiride) to young people and Amaryl Plus (combination of Glimepiride and Metformin) for people with long-standing diabetes. I do n...  Read Full »

Kindly guide me with the medicine to control diabetes.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old. My height is 167 cm and weight 100 kg. 11 years ago, I was diagnosed to have diabetes. The maximum score of my sugar was around 280 occasionally due to uncontrolled eating even with pills (DPP 4 and Metformin). Sometimes, I have overeating problem. My HbA1c is 6.5. My...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, is this your BSL (blood sugar level) in fasting or 2 hours after food? I would firstly like to ask you whether you exercise and follow a strict diet or not. That is the most important aspect when you have diabetes. So, please exercise for at least 30 to 45 minut...  Read Full »

Why is diabetes not under control even after taking medications?
Query: Hello doctor, I take GP3 before lunch and dinner, Obimate SR 1 gm after lunch and dinner, Tryglynase 2 before breakfast but diabetes is not coming under control. I have attached my report.  Read Full »
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There are three ways to control diabetes. Diet, exercise, medicines (oral or Insulin). No matter how good your blood sugar reports are, you should definitely follow a strict anti-diabetic diet and do regular daily aerobic exercises like walk...  Read Full »

Kindly give your expert advice for my father's eye problem.
Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, has been diabetic for the last 20 years and takes Insulin. His eye problem started before a year. Due to which there is blurred vision and everything he sees seems red. According to physicians, there is a blood clot on the retina and for which they have...  Read Full »
Dr. Shikha Gupta
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has got retinal detachment RD along with hemorrhage. It does not occur in a day and it is a very long process. First and foremost is to control diabetes. Then, he is receiving injection Accentrix (Ranibizumab), which can only be explained on the basis of examinati...  Read Full »

What diet can be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level in a diabetic?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 68 years old, diabetic, with chronic kidney disease, and creatinine level 5.96. What diet should be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level?  Read Full »
Dr. Shazli Naseer
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Reviewing the laboratory results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the patient has already developed significant damage, creatinine is too high and has already secondary hyperparathyroidism. Type 2 diabetes with renal complication. Dialysis is unavoidabl...  Read Full »

I am thinking to change my medicine for diabetes. What can I take instead of Sitaglu Met?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old, and my weight is 97 kilograms. I am a diabetic patient, and my A1C test showed a result of 9 %. I am taking Sitaglu Met 500 mg. It has not helped me. When I take it, within five minutes, my sugar level gets increased to 250 mg/dL and comes down again to 180 mg/dL or 19...  Read Full »
Dr. Shazli Naseer
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please verify the dose of Sitaglu Met. It is a combination medication. It has two medicines Sitagliptin and Metformin. Please mention whether you take 50 mg/500 mg or 50 mg/1000 mg dose. Please send a picture of it. Medication alone cannot control diabetes. Determining ...  Read Full »

Will drinking alcohol be responsible for high blood sugar?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 50 years old. I have done my sugar test last week which showed high blood sugar value and high cholesterol. My doctor advised me to test because I had irritation while urinating. My doctor prescribed me to take Cumet-SR tablets. My weight is 85 kg and height 5.8 feet. I have few ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It suggests that you have diabetes and dyslipidemia. Your irritation in urine is due to infection in urinary tract which is common in diabetes patient. You...  Read Full »

My penis gets erected but ejaculate very early. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old individual. During intercourse, my penis gets eruction but I ejaculate in less than a minute. It is becoming difficult. Kindly help as I am losing confidence. My height is 5 feet 8 inches, weight 128 kg (severe obesity), waist-line 55 inches, penis size 5 inches, appr...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your problem. Premature ejaculation is very common and is usually not associated with any disease but may be due to anxiety. However, it is sometimes associated with infection of male accessory glands, which is treatable. You can learn to control PE by doin...  Read Full »

Is my kidney affected because of not taking medicines for diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. My urine microalbumin quat is 199, creatinine 69, and glycosylated hemoglobin 9.6. The doctor told me that now my kidney is affected. I am not taking medicines to control diabetes for seven years. Only by diet and walk, I have been controll...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is very important not to worry, and to take the correct steps towards achieving better health with diabetes. Since your glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) is 9.6, your sugar level has definitely not been under control for a long time now....  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Control Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away.