Core Stability Exercise

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Exercises, Strengthening Exercises, Inability To Sleep, Sleep Hygeine, Back Pain, Ssri

What can be done for torn rectus femoris from AIIS?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a torn rectus femoris from AIIS as well as significant anterior and lateral heterotrophic ossification for past one year. The soreness in the area of the tear has increased and I have noticed a freqeuent amount of vibrations in my leg muscles as well as soreness in my muscles t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. As you tried with conservative management and still have not much of improvement, I suggest you try an orthopedic surgeon opinion on reattachment of rectus femoris surgically. Keep working on your glute and hamstring strength and core stability e...  Read Full »

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair Mohammad
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »

How to manage back pain that started after playing Foosball?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain. It just started while I was playing Foosball. The pain goes down to my left thigh, hamstring area, towards the left side of the left knee and to the ankle. I have also got twinging and numb little toe finger on my left foot. I am only applying Volini ointment ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I would suggest you get an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) done of your low back. As your complaints are suggestive of disc involvement, I would like to rule that out. I would like to know further details like pain character and movements tha...  Read Full »

What can be done for lower back muscle spasms due to playing baseball?
Query: Hi doctor, I am coming here for what I think may be possible lower back muscle spasms. I originally felt the pain after playing lots of baseballs (swinging a baseball bat many times). I have symptoms such as tightness, limited mobility or restricted range of motion, throbbing pain, and sometimes it...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I feel that spasm could be due to less core stability and excessive spasm. Invariable loading hip joint reducing its range on movement. I would like to suggest you get more insight of your symptoms like is there any pain on bending forward touching...  Read Full »

Is there a possibility to get a complete cure of sports injury?
Query: Hi doctor,Two years ago, I felt a pop while playing football. My physiotherapist said Ihave torn my cartilage and so, he advised me to take rest. It felt good. After 18 months, when I played football again for some half an hour, I felt the pain. So, I visited a different physiotherapist, and he advi...  Read Full »
Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a brief history. As you had this injury persisting from 2 years now, I will advise getting a proper examination with the physiotherapist you been seeing for now and provide me the reports. Because the muscles must have got weaker and there wi...  Read Full »

Please advise non-surgical treatment for lumbar lordosis and disc dehydration.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain which has made me stay in bed for two weeks. Now the pain has reduced but I have very limited movement, just to go to the bathroom but still, there is a pain when I want to stand up. I did the MRI test, the result was showing lumbar lordosis is decreased with scolio...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI report shows evidence of wear and tear of the lumbar disc with some pressure on the nerves (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is difficult to suggest the treatment without examining you in person. However, generally speaking, it is possible...  Read Full »

I have prolonged backache, especially after driving. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having prolonged backache, especially after driving. I face pain when I stretch and I get a relief when I do it. And when I push my hands on the back towards the front I can hear bone cracking, like when we stretch.  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, with the limited narration that you have provided to me in your query, I feel you have less stability in your core muscles. You should maintain posture while driving which can be achieved by placing a pillow behind your low back (in case you drive the...  Read Full »

I get lumbar pain while lying on back with occasional acne. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor, If I lie on my back for more than two minutes, I have quite severe lumbar pain when I try to get out of bed, mainly when I try to straighten up. It goes away once I manage to straighten up. I also have lumbar acne that comes and goes every few months but this is not so severe.  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. The pain what you describe could be due to flexibility issue. Less flexibility in hamstrings and less hip flexor muscles can cause this issue. This changes the biomechanics of low back altering the posture resulting in pain in the lower back. I wou...  Read Full »

Why has my back not developed properly?
Query: Hi doctor, When I started my workout today, I noticed that my back is not in proportion and not developed properly. I am wondering, why is it so? Do I have to see a chiropractor? Or do I need to adjust my workout forum? Kindly guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair Mohammad
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you right-handed? Is your left arm weaker? Or vice-versa? Normally, we all tend to use one side of our body more frequently and comfortably than the other, making us left or right-handed. We spend most of our life performing endless daily tasks with one side of our...  Read Full »

Even after consuming fewer calories and exercising, I am not losing weight. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a female, who weighs 155 lbs, and I am 5.7 feet tall. I cut off the muscle weight because I have a lot of muscle, including the muscle, my weight is 160 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight for the past two months, but nothing has seemed to work. I go to the gym almost every day, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Losing weight sometimes is tricky, especially, if you are trying to body sculpt. How long are you on the treadmill and elliptical? How many calories are you burning? Are you found of core strengthening exercises, abdominal crunches, massage, etc.? Someti...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Core Stability Exercise? We have medical experts to help you right away.