Corneal Scars

Related Terms: Lasik, Contact Lens, Redness In Eyes, Watering From Eyes, Antibiotic Eye Drops, Blurred Vision, Burning Sensation In Eyes

Is there any treatment for corneal scar?
Query: Hi doctor,One month ago, some iron particle fell into my left eye. When I went to the hospital, they said that there is a scar on the front of the pupil. Also, I was informed that there is no treatment for that. Please tell me some solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a residual scar on your cornea post removal of iron particle. Usually, iron particles leave behind a very small scar, which do not affect vision significantly. The scar by itself is non-progressive. If there is no loss of vision or glare, it is better to ...  Read Full »

Does it take 2 to 3 weeks for a bacterial eye infection to heal?
Query: Hi doctor, From the last two weeks, my eyes are reddish. So after three days, I consulted an ophthalmologist, and he said that I have got an eye infection, and he suggested to use Vigamox, Floace, and tear eye drops, four times daily. But after two days, my vision started to blur, so I rushed to th...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be due to adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis, which means there is an infection in the cornea, which has caused blurred vision. Your treatment is going in the correct direction. It usually takes three weeks for full recovery, but if that infection leaves cor...  Read Full »

Contact Lenses, an Alternative to Wearing Glasses
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the types, advantages and disadvantages of contact lenses.  Read Article »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Contact lenses are medical devices used to correct refractive errors. They are also frequently used to change the appearance of eyes. Types of Contact Lenses: There are mainly two types of contact lenses: Rigid contact lenses - Rigid gas permeable lenses are used in certain medical conditi ...  Read Article »

What treatment can I opt for high degree of corneal opacity?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. 25 years ago, I had radial keratotomy on both eyes. After a year, I had for the second time in my left. Later, BCVA in left became 9/10 and right 10/10. Now over a month, I am experiencing a blurry vision in the left with occasional headache and left eye pain. Thr...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). By your description, I understand you have some idea about your condition. It looks like irregular astigmatism. This might have developed due to weakening of cornea, ...  Read Full »

How to Relieve the Pain Caused by Corneal Abrasion?
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the causes, precautionary measures, signs and symptoms, and treatment of corneal scratching.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Scratched cornea of the human eye is also known as corneal abrasion. Cornea is a colored protective layer over iris and the pupil. Corneal layer is important for vision, filtration of harmful rays such as intense ultraviolet rays and protection. Corneal injury means injury of epithelial surface of e ...  Read Article »

Trachoma - an Easily Preventable Blinding Disease
Article Overview: Trachoma is a severe infectious follicular conjunctivitis frequently seen in developing countries. It is known to affect children in the age groups of 5 to 10 years, with complications starting by 20 to 30 years. In severe cases, it is known to cause a variety of eyelid malformations by its tendency to produce scarring. It is a major public health problem and deserves attention from both the common man in terms of preventive measures to be taken and hygienic practices to be followed and also city planners and executives as sanitation and hygiene are the major factors responsible for this disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Trachoma is a severe infectious follicular conjunctivitis frequently seen in developing countries. It is known to affect children in the age groups of 5 to 10 years, with complications starting by 20 to 30 years. In severe cases, it is known to cause a variety of eyelid malformations by its tendency ...  Read Article »

Kindly give your opinion regarding LASIK after seeing my reports.
Query: Hi doctor, I have been wearing contact lens for the last 12 years. Recently, they started getting uncomfortable. So, I stopped using them and got a LASIK consultation with a Pentacam. I have attached the reports taken two days after stopping contact lenses and three weeks after stopping contact lens...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your prescription and Pentacam scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I could not see any significant pathology in scan. The yellow area showing against the rule astigmatism and that is why you are using Toric contact lenses. Otherwise, cornea...  Read Full »

Can I go for LASIK with high astigmatism?
Query: Hello doctor, I have -2.5 cylindrical in the right and -4 in the left eye and SPH is 4.75 in the right and 5 in the left eye. Can I go for LASIK? Will it be successful as I have high astigmatism?  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important thing is to rule out keratoconus. Many corneal scan machines have special softwares to rule out KC With the information you sent in the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity); I can see one suspicious thing that is Kmax 47.3. We need t...  Read Full »

I have pain in the whole eyeball and I have blurry vision. How can this be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, About 45 days ago, I received a trauma to my right eye in a street fight, after which a large part of the cornea became blood red. After three weeks, the redness went away and the eye started looking normal, but I am still having a lot of discomforts. I am listing all the symptoms belo...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to the prescription, the vision in the right eye after wearing glasses is 6/6. So, kindly wear your glasses permanently. The drops that have been given to you especially the Milf...  Read Full »

I have myopia -4 in power and I am not eligible for LASIK. Is this progressive?
Query: Hello doctor, I have myopia -4 in power and I am not eligible for LASIK. I am 25. Is this progressive? What long-term complications can be there as my cornea thickness is too low for LASIK surgery.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though your power of - 4 is well within the correctable range and your power has been stable for two years, your corneas were too thin on topography maps for surgery (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The doctors deferred surgery because, during ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Corneal Scars? We have medical experts to help you right away.