Cosmetic Induced Acne

Related Terms: Acne, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Cosmetics Allergy, Acne Vulgaris, Allergy, Cosmetics For Skin Types, Patch Test

Why do I have pimples after forgetting to remove my make up off?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have this problem for about two weeks. I think this is because I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day, I got small red pimples on my face. I have this redness or spots on both sides of my cheeks. What could this be? Plea...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This might be allergic contact dermatitis or cosmetic-induced acne. Make sure that you do not get exposed to that chemical within the next 10 days otherwise there are chances of sensitization and can cause further flare-up of the disease. Apply the following medicines o...  Read Full »

Skin Care and Use of Cosmetics in Acne Patients
Article Overview: Acne is a chronic problem, which usually occurs in adolescence. It is a main cosmetic concern. And a dilemma always remains in the sufferer about the cosmetics. This article will solve the concern.  Read Article »

Acne is a chronic problem that usually occurs in adolescence. The main cosmetic concern in acne patients is unappealing blemish produced by active acne lesions and formation of hyperpigmentation and scars. In older days, it was suggested to acne patients that he or she should avoid cosmetics for fe ...  Read Article »

Patch Testing - an Emerging Need to Prevent Allergic Reaction
Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the use of patch test in early diagnosis of allergic and photoallergic reaction to certain cosmetics.  Read Article »
Allergy Specialist

Patch test is a very important, safe and painless investigative tool to confirm allergic contact dermatitis. However, the use of several ingredients in cosmetics and the absence of labelling the ingredients in most of the cosmetics, limit the use of patch test. It also helps in the diagnosis of phot ...  Read Article »

Acne: Skin Care Tips and Treatment Options
Article Overview: Acne is the most common problem faced by teenagers which has a social as well as psychological impact. It is said that about 90 to 95 % of the world population would have suffered from acne at some point in their life. Acne is very common during 13 to 30 years of age. After 30 years of age, acne is considered as 'adult acne' which has strong hormonal influence.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

How Does One Develop Acne? Acne is a disorder of pilosebaceous unit, pilo meaning hair, and sebaceous meaning oil-producing gland. These pilosebaceous glands are densely distributed over the face, neck, chest, back, shoulder, and arms. It also has a genetic component, meaning the appearance/ severi ...  Read Article »

Adult Acne: A Common Problem
Article Overview: Adult acne is more common nowadays with changes in lifestyle and the use of various cosmetic products. The treatment of adult acne is a challenge for many dermatologists and is also frustrating for the patients. Understanding the cause of adult acne helps establish a better strategy for the prevention and treatment of adult acne.  Read Article »
Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Acne is very common in the teenage group. But, when we have acne as an adult, it is very frustrating. The Acne treatment which worked in adolescent age can be useless or even worsen the condition. Many people wonder 'do adults get acne?'. Yes, adults can get acne. Some continue to get acne in their ...  Read Article »

Judicious Use of Cosmetics in Daily Life
Article Overview: Use of cosmetics is very common in day-to-day life. So, basic knowledge about the ingredients and the types of reactions to those products are necessary to overcome any problem.  Read Article »
Cosmetologist

Cosmetics are largely used for beautifying or promoting attractiveness and altered appearance. But, these products are not intended to alter or interfere with normal physiology of human skin or body. Reactions to cosmetic ingredients is common nowadays, out of which contact dermatitis is very c ...  Read Article »

Hirsutism - a Cosmetic Challenge
Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of hirsutism.  Read Article »
Endocrinologist

Hirsutism is the presence of excessive hair in androgenic dependent areas of the female body. The condition is a marker for androgen excess, although many women have no detectable hormone abnormalities. In addition to androgens secreted into the circulation by the adrenal glands and ovaries, periphe ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Cosmetic Induced Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away.