Cough

Related Terms: Chest X- Ray, Fever, Paracetamol, Cold, Levocetirizine, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Amoxicillin

Query: Hello doctor,My mom had cough and cold which continued for a week. We conducted X-ray which indicated too much cough congestion in the chest and TLC count was 18K. One day, due to too much cough she vomited, and she was injected with a medicine to stop it and it worked. Next day, we went abroad for ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not a viral infection but a bacterial infection as her TLC has increased. Also, diabetic patients are prone to such infection. Treatment is antibiotics, which she has been started by her physician. In most patients, this resolves with a week. Continue other me...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »
Dr. Indu Bhushan Kumar
Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Only parenchymal infiltration in the right upper lobe does not confirm tuberculosis. It needs clinical correlation and further investigations. You need an apicolordotic view of chest x-ray. It gives an excellent view of apical region of lungs. Because, in the normal che...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with a sex worker 45 days back. During which my condom broke and then immediately I withdrew my penis and went to the washroom and cleaned my penis with water. After this incident, I am having a little cough and small red spots on my hand. Can this be HIV symptom? Please he...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unprotected sexual encounters are a risk factor for multiple STDs including HIV. Condom slippage is considered as condom failure, and it is regarded as unprotected act. However, the risk of acquiring HIV through the sexual route is as low as 0.02 to 0.5 %. HIV has a win...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,The last few weeks I have been coughing a lot. Multiple times a day I will gag and cough up mucus. Sometimes it is clear and sometimes it is green with red specks in which I assume is blood. I have a pressure on my chest so breathing can be hard.  Read Full »
Dr. Nazma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and went through the attachment you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes violent coughing can lead to specks of blood in sputum. You said that you have chest congestion and greenish sputum. That means you ar...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a cough since 15 days. There is phlegm as well. I tried using so many syrups, antibiotics and Levocetirizine with Montelukast. The X-ray and CBP (complete blood picture) are normal. But, the cough is still persisting and troubling me. What do you suggest?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have a cough from two weeks along with expectoration. You have taken antibiotics and antiallergic medicines, but you have not mentioned the name of the antibiotic which you have taken. I would suggest a few things: Any person wit...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male weighing 76 kg and 5.10 feet tall. Since the past month, I have been having issues with my chest. When I wake up in the morning, I cough up a lot of clear and white phlegm and get a stabbing pain in my lower left back. I am suffering from loss of appetite and often fall short ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A productive cough associated with shortness of breath and chest pain always indicates a need for clinical examination and appropriate special investigations as follows. Clinical examination with auscultation (using a stethoscope). Chest x-ray. Sputum specimen for cultur...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is a lactating mother of 2 months old baby. Since one week she is suffering with bad dry cough. For past 2 days she is unable to sleep. For every 5 to 10 minutes she gets cough. We consulted a doctor and had medicine. But, still there is no relief. I attached the medicines that w...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most likely your wife might be having throat infection for which she has not received proper treatment. I recommend her to get a test called throat swab culture sensitivity an...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My kid is 28 months old. He is having a cough and cold for past five days. Last night, fever started at 102 F. Until now, fever is on off. I am giving him Mefanac-P for fever from today. Can I go for blood and urine investigation?  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. A child with a history of fever and cough-cold for five days definitely needs further investigation. Do blood test (CBC) to rule out bacterial infection. If he is having difficulty in breathing you must do X-ray as well. Do warm saline ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I had some cough and cold last month due to drinking chilled beverages. After that, I have had a feeling of throat blockage, and my throat was burning. If I try to cough forcefully to clear the throat, I get a strange smell in my nose. I am taking Telekast L ...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You probably have pharyngitis. The ear pain is also due to pharyngeal infection causing Eustachian tube blockage. The coughing in the air-conditioned environment is due to dryness in the throat. Please send me the pictures of your throat, so that I can suggest you bett...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a healthy person. I have a cough with white sputum production. I do not have a fever. I have done sputum culture. The result showed a presence of Pseudomonas. Do I need an antibiotic?  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is a presence of Pseudomonas, then there can be an infection. Since you have a productive cough, you may need to take antibiotics. Please repeat the sputum culture if possible. Also, get a chest X-ray and full blood count done. It could help you to identify the...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Cough? We have medical experts to help you right away.