Cpps

I have sensitive penis, rectal pressure and pain after ejaculation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old male, with a long history of prostatitis, 3 to 4 years, no symptoms. Now a myriad of symptoms including all the following that come and go. Urgency, sensitive penis, rectal or prostate pressure, no pain but happens after ejaculation sometimes and from a bowel movemen...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From history and test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears as CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) and not to localize prostate as the source of the problem. I would like to add anticholinergic to your alpha-blocker (Flomax) and Psyllium Hu...  Read Full »

What can cause the penis to tingle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old sexually active male. I have been with the same girl for the past 10 years and we are loyal in the relationship. I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region. The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burnin...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do point towards chronic prostatitis. With negative culture and positive pus cells, it is likely that you are suffering from CPPS IIIA, which is non-bacterial inflammatory chronic prostatitis. Now, this is a difficult condition to manage and requires long-...  Read Full »

Can prostatitis cause the veins in my urethra to get darker and inflated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who has prostatitis. My prostatitis symptoms flared up four months ago, after eight months of partial remission. Last week, my pain got worse with cramping over my pubic bone. Now, the discomfort and cramping comes in multiple places simultaneously (perineum...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am really sorry to know about your problems. I have gone through your MRI images and other reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and all reports are normal. Your clinical features and investigation results fit into chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS...  Read Full »

What is the cause for frequent urination issue?

Query: Hello doctor,Three years back, I had frequent urination problem. I underwent several tests, scans, TRUS and also underwent cystoscopy twice. They found classification in prostate and termed it as prostatitis. I had consulted close to 5 doctors and some of them said it is not prostatitis. So, still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your persistent problem. Prostatic calcification is a common finding and more frequently seen in elderly. It is associated with chronic prostatitis in which infection leads to calcification. However, it is not diagnostic of chronic prostatitis....  Read Full »

What can be done for post-ejaculation muscle spasms and nerve irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been struggling with chronic prostatitis or CPPS for the past five months. A big issue I have been having is the post-ejaculation muscle spasms or nerve irritation. I am currently in physical therapy to work out the muscle tension or spasms and hoping that helps with the nerve irr...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the images that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is definitely a curvature that is appreciated on the images, but I cannot confirm whether it is Peyronie's disease without actually examining you mys...  Read Full »

Is anejaculation a side effect of Silodal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have enlarged prostate and some lesion on the prostate. The report has been attached. For the past four years, I have been suffering from urinary tract infections and kidney stones and my life is very much disturbed. I am attaching the files of my reports and the medicines which I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to be examined clinically with per rectal examination. If clinical findings suggest a chronic prostatitis you need a prolonged treatment for it. Did you undergo uroflow test as suggested? It shows whether your urine flow is obstructed or not. Your PSA (prostate-...  Read Full »

What are the cons of taking coffee by a cardiac patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I take coffee and tea during the day 6 to 8 cups. Is coffee good for health? What are the cons of coffee over cardiac patient or heart? Does it create heart disease? Currently, I am taking Ascard 75 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Salam Salloum

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coffee in mild consumption is good for health in general. Excess consumption of caffeine increases BP and HR. I do not have any information on your BP. However, the echo shows some changes could be secondary to mild to moderate degree of uncontrolled high blood pressure...  Read Full »

Here Is Why You Should Switch to Menstrual Cups

Article Overview: Menstrual cups are a very hygienic alternative to the other products that women use during their menstrual cycles. This article explores the advantages of menstrual cups and what makes them superior to pads and tampons. Read Article »

Dr. Smrita Singh

A menstrual cup is a bell-shaped device that is inserted into the vagina and sits just around the opening of the cervix so that the menstrual blood flows directly into the cup. Menstrual blood is composed of the endometrial lining that is shed every month following ovulation when conception does no ... Read Article »

Why is there sensitivity in the teeth where caps were placed?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 62 years actually went to a dentist because she felt that there is rubbing in between upper jaw tooth enamel and lower jaw tooth enamel and something sour in taste gets secreted out of it. The doctor told that there is decayed tooth on both sides. The doctor filled the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your mother. The history started after ten days that means there will be something wrong with the prosthesis (bridge). I think there must be chipping off of the sealant (the material that fixes the c...  Read Full »

Am I prone to get HIV if I have shared cups of water and straw with an HIV person?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female and I have been sharing cups of water and straw and occasional food with a friend for a few years. The friend is no more but I do not know if she was HIV positive. I am worried if I may have caught something from the sharing. Do I have a risk of getting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unless and until you had one of the following exposure, you need not worry about HIV transmission: Blood to open skin contact or direct blood contact. Needle prick from the patient's used needle. Sexual contact. Blood transfusion. Contact with the blood of the patient...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.