Crowded Teeth

Related Terms: Orthodontic Treatment, Dental Braces, Improperly Aligned Teeth, Teeth Alignment, Tooth Extraction, Dental Scaling, Crowns

For treating crowded teeth, is it necessary to get four teeth extracted?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has crowded upper and lower teeth. So, I have been to two orthodontists yesterday, and I got different opinions from both of them. One said we do not need to remove any teeth, however, his upper teeth will come little forward and will not cause much deformation in his face. The...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your state of confusion. I have seen the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be quite difficult to decide. So, I will give you information about both line of orthodontic treatments and the reason behind them. Your son has mild ...  Read Full »

How to correct my crowded teeth without extraction?
Query: Hello doctor, I have got all the four wisdom teeth taken out. But my bottom jaw of teeth is still crowded. I have also read somewhere that drilling out teeth as the answer is a mutilating act against your body, even wisdom teeth. So I would like to know what you think about getting my teeth less cr...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is still crowding after wisdom teeth extraction you need to get braces by an orthodontist. I need to see a picture of your inside mouth to suggest a treatment plan. Sometimes, the orthodontist may suggest extraction of premolar teeth just behind the canines...  Read Full »

Will removing wisdom tooth create space for crowded teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have high canine teeth due to crowding in my upper jaw. Visually, it appears that space, where my canines should be, is too small for them. However, when I went to an orthodontist, she said that I would need to get my first premolars removed to make room. If I get my wisdom teeth out...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, when space is less for the number and size of teeth present in the jaw, it is advised to remove premolar on each side in one or both the jaws. The reason being, it is more convenient to move the front teeth (smaller) into the space than to push all the back tee...  Read Full »

Does crooked teeth and broken decayed tooth make extraction necessary for braces?
Query: Hello doctor, I have crooked teeth at front and tooth behind the crooked teeth was decayed and half broke in sideways. It was touching the crooked teeth in backward and my teeth in under jaws are somewhat misaligned. Do I need a tooth extraction for braces?  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have crowded teeth and in medical terminology, it is called malocclusion.  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get teeth extracted for orthodontic treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and currently have all teeth (except wisdom teeth) and braces for 10 months. My teeth are straight at this point but a few very small misalignments that will easily be fixed soon. I have an impacted tooth above my right-side second pre molar on my top row of teeth that is faci...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, by book, this is the only way the Orthodontist can make your face look symmetrical. Ideally, only four teeth are extracted as described by your dentist on each side of the jaw in crowded teeth but unfortunately, your fifth one is impacted so it has to go too. ...  Read Full »

I feel my teeth are slanting at the end of ortho treatment. What shall I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am nearly two years into my orthodontic treatment to correct overcrowding and midline correction. Although I am really concerned as my face seems to look really asymmetrical and my teeth are slanting, I feel really self-conscious about it. I feel it is something my orthodontist not c...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth are almost aligned and from the front aspect, it looks like it is near completion (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since I cannot see the teeth in the back region, I will address your concerns from the front aspect. You are right in your observ...  Read Full »

The part of the tooth usually inside the gum, is visible out. Is it normal during orthodontic treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, My son has been having orthodontic treatment (upper and lower braces) for approximately 2.5 years. He is almost 16 years old now. For the last year, at least one of his bottom incisors has been lifting up and has caused a bump, and a part of the tooth that is usually below the gum line is...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bump that you see is the root portion of the tooth that is at a greater angle in relation to other teeth. Along with that, the gums will be inflamed and slightly receded. It is common to see this during treatment. It happens when teeth are irregularly placed, to beg...  Read Full »

When I bite, both sides teeth do not come in contact at the same time. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, About 2.5 years ago I put extreme pressure on my back teeth by mistake, and they are now slightly pushed into my gums. Just a week ago, I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it were growing a bit crooked, so I decided to move them back myself gradually. I started get...  Read Full »
Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel you have to get a full check up done of your upper and lower jaw. Upper right wisdom tooth erupts between 17 to 25 years. But, if there is no space for it to erupt then they come out crooked. Pain can also result if the wisdom tooth is not erupting in the normal pa...  Read Full »

What can I do to get white and well aligned teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. Since childhood, some of my teeth are sort of crisscross. So the accumulation of food has led to yellow spots in some places. I brush once a day but properly. I consulted a dentist and she suggested me to get my teeth cleaned. But that is not a permanent solution. W...  Read Full »
Dr. Sangeetha Bastan
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth are actually crowded. So, deposition of food and stains have lead to these brown marks on your teeth. What you have to do to make your teeth white is go for proper scaling and polishing, and brush your teeth twice daily regularly. Second Option, if still, it ...  Read Full »

My teeth have become overlapped after orthodontic treatment. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a complex case, as stated by my dentist. I had braces five years ago, but my teeth went back to their previous state, overlapped, like they were tightly fit into a small place, apparently because of the shape of my mouth. Also, I have fear from getting braces the second time, t...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can exactly tell you about your case on seeing radiographs and clinical pictures of teeth if you can provide. While, your query is telling me you had a relapse of orthodontic treatment. Now you have two options. 1. Go for invisible tray ortho treatment (in which invi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Crowded Teeth? We have medical experts to help you right away.